Author Topic: Hive Mind advice on livestreaming (nephew's graduation and Mom in hospital)  (Read 653 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Need the Hive Mind's input...

My brother's youngest is graduating high school tonight and Mom won't be able to make it due to being stuck in rehab for back surgery. Is there a quick-n-dirty (not to mention free) way to livestream the event? Figure an hour or so, total.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Facebook live is another.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Brad Johnson

• friend
Thought about both but have no experience with either.

I'll see if they'll let me connect to their wifi. If so, I'll just put my phone on a tripod and do it that way.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Is the high school or the event host broadcasting the event?  If they are, there should be an easy way to watch it.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Brad Johnson

• friend
Is the high school or the event host broadcasting the event?  If they are, there should be an easy way to watch it.

I called and asked. Doesn't appear they even thought about broadcasting it somehow. My question got them rolling on it, though. (My home town. Small school with 225-ish students, K-12, and most of the people who work there are either classmates or at least schoolmates. I have connections.  =D )

Brad
-HankB

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
I called and asked. Doesn't appear they even thought about broadcasting it somehow. My question got them rolling on it, though. (My home town. Small school with 225-ish students, K-12, and most of the people who work there are either classmates or at least schoolmates. I have connections.  =D )

Brad

How many in the graduating class?  20?  I think an iPad to Ipad FaceTime would be the easiest solution.  Probably cheapest, too, if you can borrow two iPads.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.

As easy as it is with something like UStream, (now video.ibm.com with several price points, and a 30-day 5 viewer trial) there's no reason not to do it these days.  Heck, Sutherland Springs Baptist was livestreaming their services for their ~50 members before the shooting.  (I'd assume they still do, but haven't looked.)

And it's always worth asking about .edu and other organizational discounts.

Brad Johnson

• friend
They Livestreamed it. Not sure what they did but the only way it was going to let me watch was to load the Faceboom app. Nope, nope, and nope.

Brad
-HankB