Author Topic: Outback Steak House  (Read 3382 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Outback Steak House
« on: May 25, 2018, 02:42:40 PM »
Awhile back there was an incident when a uniformed fish and game ranger was asked to leave an Outback Steakhouse because he was wearing a sidearm -- which he had to do, because he was in uniform. There was much chatter on the errornet to the effect the Outback was anti-gun and had a no guns policy in their restaurants. They issued a clarification that stated they have never prohibited uniformed police officers from carrying in their restaurants. That, perhaps naturally, led to the conclusion that they don't allow private citizens to carry.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from a friend that revived this discussion. I was curious, so I submitted an inquiry to Outback HQ. I just received the following response:

Hawkmoon,

Thank you for reaching out to allow us to clarify our policy.

We allow licensed concealed carry where legal. We trust that our customers will follow local law with respect to licensed concealed weapons.

Sincerely,

Outback Steakhouse
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Outback Steak House
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 06:41:07 PM »
Good.  I'm happy they responded and I'm happy they let the local laws have the final say.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 06:58:48 PM »
meh, their food is pretty much crap anyway.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 07:15:59 PM »
Now I wish they'd allow steaks in their retaurants.

For years my sons and I used to meet up at one midway between us.  Recently (a year ago?) the steaks have not been exactly outstanding, so we found another Outback also sort of halfway and the steaks there were not as good as years ago, either.

While we hated how the Aussies as a nation caved on the gun issue, we never questioned the restaurant's policy on guns.  We're all CCW-ers and figured since we never saw any signs on their entryways we were good to go.  I do question their policy on beef suppliers, though.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 07:23:08 PM »
I think they're fine for a chain restaurant, and am also glad they adhere to prevailing laws. That was a good and simple statement with no caveats or talking out both sides of their mouth.

Actually pretty similar to what Starbucks originally said years ago. I hope Outback doesn't cave to the Hoggs of the world like Starbucks did.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Outback Steak House
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 07:48:30 PM »
Now I wish they'd allow steaks in their retaurants.

For years my sons and I used to meet up at one midway between us.  Recently (a year ago?) the steaks have not been exactly outstanding, so we found another Outback also sort of halfway and the steaks there were not as good as years ago, either.

While we hated how the Aussies as a nation caved on the gun issue, we never questioned the restaurant's policy on guns.  We're all CCW-ers and figured since we never saw any signs on their entryways we were good to go.  I do question their policy on beef suppliers, though.
This. It's nice if someone wants to go there and I'll tag along, but their food isnt exactly worthwhile.

Give me Texas Roadhouse anyday

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 08:57:49 PM »
While we hated how the Aussies as a nation caved on the gun issue, we never questioned the restaurant's policy on guns.

Just to clarify, Outback Steakhouse is an American company headquarted in Tampa, Florida.  The whole Aussie thing is just a theme.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HankB

• friend
Re: Re: Outback Steak House
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 01:16:55 AM »
. . . Give me Texas Roadhouse anyday . . .

You're welcome to it. Based on my experience, their sirloins are like shoe leather, they don't remove the membrane from the ribs, and their rolls are discount grocer generic.   [barf]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 01:29:23 AM »
Around here, in my normal area of operations I have access to Outback, Longhorn, Texas Roadhouse, 99 Steakhouse, and a couple of local places. I once had a decent steak at a 99 Steakhouse, but that was a long time ago. Over the past couple of years I've met a colleague there several times to review mutual concerns, and we've both pretty much given up. We switched to Longhorn. The one between me and that colleague has good steaks, but they can't seem to follow instructions on how to cook them. There's another, in the opposite direction from home, where I've met in a group as a board of directors of a small non-profit, that I liked much better.

My late wife liked Texas Roadhouse. I don't remember if the food there was good or bad -- couldn't have been terrible, or I would remember. I do remember that I thought the atmosphere was a bit in the fake side, but my wife enjoyed it.

Haven't tried Outback yet. Dunno if I will, but it's nice to know I can go armed if I do.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 01:35:09 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »
We walked in to an Outback maybe 20 years ago.  We sat down in a booth by the bar.  There were about 6 or 7 employees standing around talking and laughing among themselves.  We sat there for around 10+ minutes and they continued to laugh and talk and no one approached the table.  So we got up and left and have never returned and never will.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 11:00:17 PM »

319 S. Meridian St in Indy is under a railroad viaduct.   I wonder how many people have gone there only to be disappointed.  https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7621538,-86.1582707,3a,75y,93.17h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1siYxl5Y7AM6k_kFDnoKP7xA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

However, Shapiro's Deli at 808 S. is a true Jewish Deli, and a classmate of mine from High School owns Greek Islands Restaurant at 906 S. Meridian St and he has really good and authentic Greek Food. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 01:30:34 AM »
319 S. Meridian St in Indy is under a railroad viaduct.   I wonder how many people have gone there only to be disappointed.  https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7621538,-86.1582707,3a,75y,93.17h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1siYxl5Y7AM6k_kFDnoKP7xA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

However, Shapiro's Deli at 808 S. is a true Jewish Deli, and a classmate of mine from High School owns Greek Islands Restaurant at 906 S. Meridian St and he has really good and authentic Greek Food. 

For Greek, I prefer Achilles' Meal, next to the yoga studio.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 09:05:47 AM »
For Greek, I prefer Achilles' Meal, next to the yoga studio.

Well, you're obviously into Greek.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 12:01:11 PM »
Just to clarify, Outback Steakhouse is an American company headquarted in Tampa, Florida.  The whole Aussie thing is just a theme.

You (or somebody) mentioned that before. Merely a "theme" or not, the gun situation in Oz is an automatic subject of discussion.  At least the first couple of times, then we mostly let it go.

I really don't undertand that seemingly sudden change in quality.  Maybe Mickeydee's optioned all the good beef?  :)

Maybe it's like a lot of products.  They start out with high quality and a fair quantity for the price, then after establishing a customer base, they start cutting product amounts and quality and making more money.  Perhaps Outback got a new marketing director a year ago who promised higher profits by pulling that kind of merchandising plan scheme.

I can hear the pitch now.  "Why hell, a cow's a cow.  Why are we buying Black Angus (or whatever breed) at a premium price when we can buy Joe Schmoe's grass-finished cattle at half the price, charge the same, and make more money!"

Cheer$ from the $tockholder$ en$ue.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:25:37 PM by 230RN »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 12:18:25 PM »
On their food, when I said "fine for a chain" I meant so in a McD's way. I haven't been to an Outback in a long while, but I look at them similar to McD's: a known quantity if in an unfamiliar location when I don't want to spend 30 minutes reading Yelp reviews to find a great local place that's downtown with no place to park.

I won't walk away saying, "Wow, that was great!", but I also likely won't walk away and then break into a run to find a bathroom. :)

Regardless, whether I frequent a business or not, I can appreciate a stance like they took on this issue.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 12:32:07 PM »
Well, as I said, when we went in there, we didn't question their policies... as in, "Hey, all three of us are carrying guns.  Izzat OK with you guys?"

So at least in Colorado (so far) carrying was a non-issue.

I'd hate to test the theory, but it would seem everybody there would be safer with us there than not.  =D

My big fear now (and I hate to bring this up) is with the issue publicized, that some hyper-lefty Commie slave dog will buy a gun legally, then go shoot one up just so the other American hyper-lefty Commie slave dogs can squawk about it and force a policy change.

"Local law" notwithstanding.

Now that I mentioned that, I think maybe if that actually happened, I can say, like Sheldon Cooper, "I so informed you thusly." But maybe it will also strengthen the suspicion that a lot of the recent shootings are "setups," that is, false flag operations carried out by some hyper-lefty Commie slave dog.

Terry

REF ("I told you so."):
https://youtu.be/GHBB3WWhxr4

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 02:29:32 PM by 230RN »

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 09:50:08 PM »
https://youtu.be/RMfjcaNq8rk

Proof that Ben can work a Parks & Recreation reference into any thread.

Any. 

Thread.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2018, 12:37:23 AM »
Proof that Ben can work a Parks & Recreation reference into any thread.

Any. 

Thread.

No, you can thank me for that.

The Archer reference, on the other hand, I don't get.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 11:48:29 AM »
The Archer reference, on the other hand, I don't get.

Riiiiiiiight . . .

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 01:06:11 PM »

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2018, 10:36:36 AM »
I hope Outback doesn't cave to the Hoggs of the world like Starbucks did

Wait... Starbucks caved? I haven't seen any signage in any...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

230RN

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2018, 10:40:28 AM »
Hey, last I heard, Starbuck's had a "local law" policy.  Did that change?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2018, 11:35:07 AM »
Last I heard Starbucks "redefined" their policy because of those Open Carry Texas jackholes who were walking around with rifles and shotguns at port arms.

This is the last policy statement I'd heard from them... https://www.fastcompany.com/3017684/starbucks-says-you-cant-bring-guns-into-its-stores-unless-you-want-to

This list hasn't been updated in awhile, but it appears that "Bloomin Brands," which includes Outback, is on their no fly list.

http://www.2acheck.com/the-boycott-list/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.