Author Topic: England slides even further into tyranny.  (Read 3590 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
England slides even further into tyranny.
« on: May 26, 2018, 09:32:25 PM »
Anti-Islam activist jailed for nothing more than speaking his opinion.

A total gag order is in effect so no one in England is allowed to report on it.

He got 13 months and is being sent to a prison probably full of Muslims so he likely won't survive for long and according to the article I linked this was acknowledged in court but obviously the seriousness of the issue was ignored.

This is weaponized wokeness. Have no doubt that the SJWs in this country will do the exact same thing if they could get enough power.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Re: England slides even further into tyranny.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 09:44:20 PM »
Its not being taken well by some of the population.  See this thread on /The_Donald over at Reddit for video of today's unpleasantness outside #10 Downing Street in Londonistan.

This is weaponized wokeness. Have no doubt that the SJWs in this country will do the exact same thing if they could get enough power.

Yes, they would. All the more reason to NOT let them get the chance.

Never give up!
Never Surrender!  [ar15]
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 10:38:31 PM »
Unclear about the time line - was he arrested and sentenced on the same day?

Was there any trial, or did a judge just throw him in gaol?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 10:44:25 PM »
He was jugged immediately because he already had a suspended sentence for saying things about criminal Muslims, specifically the rapists in the grooming cases.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 12:07:38 PM »
Be interesting to get agricola's take on this, if he's ever on here anymore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 02:28:56 PM »
Be interesting to get agricola's take on this, if he's ever on here anymore.
He'll probably say it's not tyranny because it's not the British government doing this, only the courts and police.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 06:37:46 PM »
Brit bloke on another forum basically said it's a feature, not a bug. I don't remember his exact words, but it was something along the lines of "It's the law. Why are you questioning it?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 07:03:21 PM »
Brit bloke on another forum basically said it's a feature, not a bug. I don't remember his exact words, but it was something along the lines of "It's the law. Why are you questioning it?"
Were he a Yank in the mid-19th century, he's the kind of bloke who'd be defending the Fugitive Slave Act the same way.  :facepalm:

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 08:45:36 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-arrested-leeds-court-child-grooming-trial-edl-founder-latest-a8368821.html

Not so sensational after all - although it can’t happen in the US for constitutional reasons, he is hardly being punished for reporting on Muslims.  It’s also not suppressed (though details of sexual assault trials are routinely suppressed - and that may be why the court took offence to his media event outside).
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 02:03:05 AM »
This just in - BREAKING NEWS!

Knives are sharp, says judge.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/27/knives-sharp-filing-solution-soaring-violent-crime-judge-says/

Naturally, rather than attempt to address the reasons why people may be stabbing one another (other than that they can't have guns to shoot them), the judge thinks the solution is to do away with evil, pointy knives in the home. Here in the U.S. only the police are qualified to have guns. In the U.K., only butchers are qualified to have pointy knives.

Stop the world -- I want to get off.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JN01

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 04:44:42 PM »
"Acknowledging that any blade could cause injury, the judge pointed out “slash wounds are rarely fatal.”

Yeah, no one has ever been killed with box cutter type blades.  Better round up all the screwdrivers while they are at it.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 06:10:52 PM »
That island is going to *expletive deleted*it much faster than I thought possible.  The better part of 2000 years of pretty epic history ends like this?  Mooselimb domination?

Really sad,  loved visiting there.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 06:41:43 PM »
COME.GET.THEM.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 06:47:41 PM »
Ive drawn a line in the sand. *expletive deleted*ck off.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 09:54:23 PM »

Right?

Still sucks to be Robinson.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 09:42:31 AM »

Hope you didn't do it with a pointy knife.  You might cut your toes off.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 09:45:49 AM »
I guess President Obama did get a little known video producer thrown in jail to back up his cover story about Benghazi. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 09:54:28 AM »
I guess President Obama did get a little known video producer thrown in jail to back up his cover story about Benghazi. 

I forgot about that one.   ;/

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »
Someone:

"Not so sensational after all - although it can’t happen in the US for constitutional reasons..."

:rofl:

Objecting to anything in the U.S. on constitutional grounds is almost meaningless today, what with the obstacle course and hoops to jump through and the necessity to have "standing" and the money involved and the virtual randomness of Supreme Court decisions...

I repeat:  :rofl:

See my signature box below.

Terry, 230RN

ETA:  Some people may not have the signature box enabled, so here it is in black and white:

Whatever logic they used in 1934 to "constitutionally" make some guns unavailable to thee and me, they can also use to effectively ban everything right down to single-shot .22 rifles. Remember that.  And that $200 tax would be about $2500 today.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:49:09 AM by 230RN »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 12:57:35 PM »
He isn't being arrested and imprisoned for filming a trial, he's being imprisoned because he broke the terms of his probation.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 04:06:23 PM »
He isn't being arrested and imprisoned for filming a trial, he's being imprisoned because he broke the terms of his probation.

He was on probation for filming a trial though, so........

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 05:41:51 PM »
He was on probation for filming a trial though, so........

...and it was illegal by British law.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ex-edl-leader-tommy-robinson-12616429

Tommy Robinson is not the hill I'd want to die on, and its not even his real name, its his 4th or 5th alias he's used...

'Count Dankula' OTOH, is a much better case of abuse of free speech. He was convicted of..... making a video of his girlfriend's dog making a 'nazi' salute.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/count-dankula-freedom-of-speech-comedy-joke-iran-offended-a8270631.html

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 06:08:25 PM »
He asked: “But why we do need eight-inch or ten-inch kitchen knives with points?

“Butchers and fishmongers do, but how often, if at all, does a domestic chef use the point of an eight-inch or ten-inch knife? Rarely, if at all."

Ever try cutting watermelon with  a paring knife?  Or a Turkey?   [popcorn]

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »
I can honestly say I've never tried cutting a watermelon with a turkey.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2018, 07:29:44 PM »
Someone:

"Not so sensational after all - although it can’t happen in the US for constitutional reasons..."

:rofl:

Objecting to anything in the U.S. on constitutional grounds is almost meaningless today, what with the obstacle course and hoops to jump through and the necessity to have "standing" and the money involved and the virtual randomness of Supreme Court decisions...

I repeat:  :rofl:

See my signature box below.

Terry, 230RN

ETA:  Some people may not have the signature box enabled, so here it is in black and white:

This doesn’t make any sense.  Courts cannot impose broad public gag orders on people not before the court in the USA.  They can in England. They can’t do that in the USA because of the constitution. But what’s happening in this case appears to have zero to do with Robinson’s political views on Muslims and everything to do with the suppression order imposed on rape trials as a matter of course over there.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."