Author Topic: Roseanne Barr gets her show cancelled  (Read 2985 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Roseanne Barr gets her show cancelled
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 04:37:22 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 10:07:19 AM »
I'm quoting a quote and working off secondary sources, but here's what I gather:

Samantha Bee‏Verified account @iamsambee  

I would like to sincerely apologize to Ivanka Trump and to my viewers for using an expletive on my show to describe her last night. It was inappropriate and inexcusable. I crossed a line, and I deeply regret it.

Sounds great if you read it fast.

But if you look at it closely, after losing revenue, she sincerely regrets and apologizes for using an expletive in calling Ivanka a "feckless c**t," but not for the actual insult as a whole.

Typical non-apology.  But "sincere."

Terry

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 10:11:45 AM »
I'm quoting a quote and working off secondary sources, but here's what I gather:

So after losing revenue, she sincerely regrets and apologizes for using an expletive in calling Ivanka a "feckless c**t," but not for the actual insult as a whole.

Terry,

Well she's a relatively new US citizen of Canadian origin. She and her husband are here to "fix the country".

"We're not joking around," she said. "We chose this place and we intend to fix it."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/06/01/tvs-imported-comedians-often-stumble-while-trying-to-fix-america.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 10:58:08 AM »
I'm sure that political factions move people around (or help them move) in order to influence targeted areas.

Sounds obvious and I can't help thinking this when I see all those out of state license plates about three months before the elections.  Yeah, I know, "tourist season," but it's also the "establish residency" period.

Now that Colorado's been "fixed" already, I don't expect to see much of that any more.

>:D <[tinfoil]> =D

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:39:42 PM by 230RN »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 10:59:49 AM »

Sounds great if you read it fast.

But if you look at it closely, after losing revenue, she sincerely regrets and apologizes for using an expletive in calling Ivanka a "feckless c**t," but not for the actual insult as a whole.

It's very sincere. She's sincerely sorry she got called out and may lose sponsors over it. She regrets the potential loss of income very much.

How many celebrities does this make (on both sides of the political spectrum) who have made completely over-the-top insulting, degrading, vile comments about someone on the opposite side of the political spectrum, and then followed up with a "sincere" apology in which they invariably say something along the lines of "This is not who I am and that statement does not reflect my views. It was the ____ speaking."

I tend to subscribe to the theory of "In vino veritas." Quite the contrary of these "heartfelt" apologies, the ugly statements most assuredly do represent the person's true thoughts and views, and the alcohol and/or medication just let slip the verbal hounds of war. If you don't harbor such thoughts in your head, who put the words in your mouth? Did the aliens take over control of your Twitter finger for the evening?

These so-called apologies are just as predictable as the standard "He was a good boy who was just turning his life around" that we hear from the families of dindoonuffins who got snuffed by the police in the midst of committing a felony. The words are the complete opposite of the truth, and mesan nothing (other than that the celebrity is a terrible liar).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2018, 12:52:29 PM »
I sincerely apologize and offer my regrets for constantly referring to certain laws as infringements on our fundamental civil rights.  It was all caused by my reading of the Preamble to the Bill of Rights and does not reflect the real me or my true position.

Terry, 230RN

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 07:04:38 AM »
What seems to be missing from a lot of the news reports is that the story/image that Samantha Bee was commenting on when she made the comments about Ivanka was that picture of the kids behind chain link fences that was making the rounds and falsely reported as Trumps kid jail, but it turned out was actually taken while Obama was president. So not only were the comments disgusting, but she was making false claims at the same time about Trump. She should have been directing her outrage against Obama.

The other thing is that while Rosanne's tweet was obviously in poor taste and could be claimed to be racist, ignoring that Bush was often compared to a Chimp and Trump to an Orangutang. Historically blacks have been compared to monkeys such comparisons may not always be in fact racism, it could just be an insult. Rosanne made the comment by herself spur of the moment in a tweet. Samantha's comments were scripted and reviewed during editing of the show, and there had to be a whole lot of people that saw it prior to it airing, not a spur of the moment comment that should not have been made.

Plus putting all that aside, free speech, doesn't mean they can't be fired, but for one I'm sick of all the outrage. If you don't like what someone says don't listen.