Author Topic: The police  (Read 3085 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
The police
« on: June 03, 2018, 03:13:18 PM »
... are the only people who are trained and qualified to carry firearms.

Or not ... https://www.nhregister.com/news/crime/article/FBI-agent-investigated-for-accidental-nightclub-12962907.php
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: The police
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 03:47:47 PM »
I'm the only one in this room professional enough to do the Carlton.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 07:03:40 PM »
It discharged when the agent picked it up.

Mile High Spirits Distillery and Tasting Bar

I am sure he was 100% sober.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 07:29:43 PM »
I'm the only one in this room professional enough to do the Carlton.

:laugh:

Am I the only one who opened this thread half-expecting a discussion of Sting's old band?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 09:28:30 PM »

Am I the only one who opened this thread half-expecting a discussion of Sting's old band?
What?  You mean the actor? 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »

No, I already had a snarky "Sting" joke in the chamber and the hammer back but ya beat me to it.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 09:36:00 PM »
Frenetic Bullet Implanter.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 09:56:27 PM »
So NOT his F. B. I.  anymore  ......  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 09:59:50 PM »
Why, of all places did have to take place in Colorado?  :facepalm:
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 10:32:24 PM »
So NOT his F. B. I.  anymore  ......  [tinfoil]

I met him when I was a young, stupid, and rude kid. Asked for his autograph in way he did not like and he schooled me on manners in front of a crowd.

It was an amazing moment, he didn't cure the stupidity but I paid a lot more attention to my manners from then on.

It was a brief encounter but it was one of the most formative of my life.

Good guy.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 12:36:27 AM »
Why, of all places did have to take place in Colorado?  :facepalm:

Florida would have been more in line with expectations.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 01:57:42 AM »
Florida would have been more in line with expectations.

I have the sad duty to inform you that Colorado has turned blue and stupid, and will be even more blue after November.  When I first got here from New York City in the mid-60s, I was shocked at the freedom.

But freedom was nibbled at until now it is a mere long shadow cast from a setting sun.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:56:20 PM by 230RN »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 08:40:58 AM »
I have the sad duty to inform you that Colorado has turned blueand stupid, and will be even more blue after November.  When I first got here from New York City in the mid-60s, I was shocked at the freedom.

It was nibbled at until now it is a mere long shadow cast from a setting sun.

Locusts.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 09:02:50 AM »
^ Good analogy.

I understand our subject Special Agent was doing a backflip when his gun fell out? It went off when he picked it up, that part is clear, but I'm not too familiar with modern pre-loaded double action handguns.

Could the fall have partially released the sear or something?  Or the safety on a cocked and locked 1911-style pistol?  

No offense to cocked and locked devotees, but I did have a shoulder rig which often flipped the safety off when you holstered the gun.  Very disconcerting to discover that.  No bang, just a "holy *expletive deleted*it."

I'm assuming it was an issue semiauto, and not something like an SAA with six rounds in it.  :O

Nevertheless, I'm thinking he violated the "keep your booger hook off the bang switch" rule.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:49:53 AM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 05:39:05 PM »
^ Good analogy.

I understand our subject Special Agent was doing a backflip when his gun fell out? It went off when he picked it up, that part is clear, but I'm not too familiar with modern pre-loaded double action handguns.

Could the fall have partially released the sear or something?  Or the safety on a cocked and locked 1911-style pistol?  

No offense to cocked and locked devotees, but I did have a shoulder rig which often flipped the safety off when you holstered the gun.  Very disconcerting to discover that.  No bang, just a "holy *expletive deleted*it."

I'm assuming it was an issue semiauto, and not something like an SAA with six rounds in it.  :O

Nevertheless, I'm thinking he violated the "keep your booger hook off the bang switch" rule.

Terry, 230RN

I think the reports are saying that it was grabbed by the trigger.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 06:48:31 PM »
I agree with fistful.  CYA press releases or ignorant reporters are always saying "the gun went off" in the passive voice.  Like the gun has a mind of its own.  Nope.  The FBI has issued Glocks for the last 20 years or so.  Glocks have a drop safety.  Five gets you ten Agent Friendly picked it up with his finger on the trigger.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 07:20:20 PM »
I met him when I was a young, stupid, and rude kid. Asked for his autograph in way he did not like and he schooled me on manners in front of a crowd.

It was an amazing moment, he didn't cure the stupidity but I paid a lot more attention to my manners from then on.

It was a brief encounter but it was one of the most formative of my life.

Good guy.

That fits a lot of what I heard about Mr. Zimbalist.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 11:24:56 AM »
Update: The FBI agent has been charged.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dancing-fbi-agent-booked-into-jail-over-back-flip-gunfire/

There's the possibility of additional charges, pending results of toxicology tests, and he still faces possible disciplinary sanctions from the feds.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 11:34:31 AM »
^ Good analogy.

Terry, 230RN

It was a Glock, so no safety switch, other then the one on the trigger.  He pulled the go-bang switch with his booger hook, when he picked it up.  

Mad props though for doing a backflip with a Glock in the small of his back.  
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »
Update: The FBI agent has been charged. <snip>  and he still faces possible disciplinary sanctions from the feds.

Probably either send him to the Blackfeet Rez or the Navajo Rez. Either one would be punishment enough for nearly any wrongdoing up to murder.  =|

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2018, 06:31:49 PM »
Update: The FBI agent has been charged.
Good.

He should face at least the same level of criminal charges John. Q. Public would face for the same action, in addition to departmental discipline.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 02:02:39 AM »

It was a Glock, so no safety switch, other then the one on the trigger.  He pulled the go-bang switch with his booger hook, when he picked it up.  

Mad props though for doing a backflip with a Glock in the small of his back.  

Standing backflip, while drunk. Not bad. [popcorn]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2018, 02:09:21 AM »
Standing backflip, while drunk. Not bad. [popcorn]

Followed by a fireworks display.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2018, 09:40:42 AM »
I thought one of the articles I saw said the FBI agent did not realize his gun had discharged when he picked it up.  The video I recall seeing looked like either that was true or he was trying to ignore it and hope no one got hit. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2018, 10:25:01 AM »
I thought one of the articles I saw said the FBI agent did not realize his gun had discharged when he picked it up. 

That sounds really unlikely.