Author Topic: Oh, what the hell have I gotten myself into..........  (Read 3248 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Oh, what the hell have I gotten myself into..........
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 07:31:12 AM »
Oh pish posh.

Emily loves America Ninja Warrior so EJ built her the obstacles. And there is no fancy mulch.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Pb

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 09:14:36 AM »
Why don't you install classic "retro" playground equipment?  Like this one from the early 1900's?  =D

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 09:51:50 AM »
My daughters would absolutely love that ...

castle key

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 10:49:47 AM »
It was a play area designed by someone who was never a child, seen a child, knew what a child was, or cared to learn about children. 

That's me!
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »
Speaking of mulch and soft landings it recently came to my attention that my ten year old has never been on a merry go round. They do not exist as playground equipment anymore. Time to fire up the welder?

Can't remember for sure, but I think there's still one in the park here.  I know Comanche still has at least one.

A cheap wheel hub, or better yet a cheap cargo trailer axle from the scrap yard makes an excellent center bearing.  It'll handle a heck of a lot of load, and you can simply set the axle in concrete for your base.  Cut the axle in half and you've got two.  Then use a rim that fits for the center of your merry go round top, and you can easily remove the top for mowing or maintenance.  Could even make multiple interchangeable tops with a set of rims.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 11:57:19 PM »
Quick update. Finished construction last weekend. Had 15 cubic yards of cedar chips delivered yesterday (only to the driveway, sadly). Tonight I finished up the landscape timbers around the perimeter to hold said chips in. Tomorrow we run around 100 wheelbarrow trips from the front yard to the back yard. Thankfully my father in law and a couple friends are coming over to help with that part.  I'll get some pictures up when we're all done.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy