Author Topic: A Couple of Trump Derangement Things  (Read 1186 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
A Couple of Trump Derangement Things
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:54:26 PM »
A couple of Trump derangement things I saw in the news today that even people who don't like Trump should be doing a "WTF over?" about.

1) Melania has disappeared from sight because Trump beat the crap out of her. That's not just social media, that's some "mainstream" reporters coming up with that crap while the rest of the MSM is playing along at some level or ellse going on the "something is wrong with her" road. Nevermind when people questioned Hillary falling down every other day they were attacked for conspiracy theories. Also nevermind that Melania was at a big event yesterday.

2) The New England Patriots thing. Even if it happened exactly as the MSM is reporting, I'd be good with it. What actually happened, which is getting hardly any coverage, is:

The Patriots first said they were bringing around 80 players and staff. Then they called the White House to reschedule (imagine telling the Obama white House that the president needed to reschedule for you) because many players said they weren't coming. They wanted Trump to reschedule to the time he would be having talks with North Korea (seriously?). Then they said that only five players, the team mascot, and a couple of staff would attend. Who wouldn't say FU to that?

The news is reporting that Trump did this because he's racist and that it's also his fault that the Patriots won't be doing charity for kids in DC now. That was separate from the White House, so why did they cancel? They could all still go to DC and do that, given most of them are millionaires.

Anyway, the TDS is getting more and more bizarre to me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: A Couple of Trump Derangement Things
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 07:09:23 PM »
Well,  I think we're in four 2.5  more years of silly-land entertainment ....  :laugh: ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:29:20 PM »
Did the Donald say anything about how the Iggles' mascot is ----------------------- an animal?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 08:09:44 AM »
2) The New England Patriots thing. Even if it happened exactly as the MSM is reporting, I'd be good with it. What actually happened, which is getting hardly any coverage, is:

The Patriots first said they were bringing around 80 players and staff. Then they called the White House to reschedule (imagine telling the Obama white House that the president needed to reschedule for you) because many players said they weren't coming. They wanted Trump to reschedule to the time he would be having talks with North Korea (seriously?). Then they said that only five players, the team mascot, and a couple of staff would attend. Who wouldn't say FU to that?

The news is reporting that Trump did this because he's racist and that it's also his fault that the Patriots won't be doing charity for kids in DC now. That was separate from the White House, so why did they cancel? They could all still go to DC and do that, given most of them are millionaires.

Anyway, the TDS is getting more and more bizarre to me.

Eagles.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 11:19:40 AM »
Show's how into team sports I am.  =D

Also there is this from 2012:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/06/06/flashback-to-2012-but-when-the-president-of-the-united-states-invites-you-and-all-your-teammates-to-the-white-house-you-go-and-represent-the-team/

I honestly couldn't remember who played in the Superbowl this year, if it weren't already in the news.

Additionally, it would be quite surprising in the Pats pulled this crap. If I recall, the owner and the QB are Trump supporters. (Or at least not hostile.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 05:13:18 PM »
1) Melania has disappeared from sight because Trump beat the crap out of her. That's not just social media, that's some "mainstream" reporters coming up with that crap while the rest of the MSM is playing along at some level or ellse going on the "something is wrong with her" road.

Far more likely:
http://babylonbee.com/news/melania-trump-criticized-for-not-being-michelle-obama/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 08:27:43 PM »
Far more likely:
http://babylonbee.com/news/melania-trump-criticized-for-not-being-michelle-obama/

They hit it on the nose again. Both the Obama and Clinton wives acted like they were elected along with their spouses.

This isn't freakin' England. I don't care if it's a man or woman president. The First Lady or First Gentleman were not elected. All I want from them is to either be in the White House kitchen cooking or out mowing the White House lawn every Saturday morning. I don't care which does which, but stay out of politics.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 11:03:49 PM »
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 12:01:53 AM »
^ <http://time.com/5303844/donald-trump-king-cover/>

Cannot access.  Intrusive ads I can't eliminate.

???

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 12:07:01 AM »
Okay, chances are that after kidney surgery Melenia had a nephrostomy tube and bag installed while her kidney healed.  I know I wouldn't want to appear in public with a bag of piss strapped around my leg/ankle.  Especially for a lady that prides herself on her appearance.  (Plus the press would been crueler then then a bunch of kids on a playground).  So she chose to stay inside and heal until she could get that removed and not have to deal with the resulting mockery and fall-out from the press.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.