Author Topic: YouToob burnout  (Read 599 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
YouToob burnout
« on: June 05, 2018, 07:19:38 PM »
https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/1/17413542/burnout-mental-health-awareness-youtube-elle-mills-el-rubius-bobby-burns-pewdiepie

The fallout from YouTube due to mental health concerns is a scary trend. Especially when YouTubers and streamers, like Tyler “Ninja” Blevins talk about the schedule they voluntarily keep.

“The schedule is: 9:30 is when I start in the morning and then I play until four, so that’s like six, six-and-a-half hours,” Blevins told Ethan and Hila Klein on the H3H3 Podcast. “Then I’ll take a nice three- to four-hour break with the wife, the dogs or family — we have like family nights, too — and then come back on around seven o’clock central until like two, three in the morning. The minimum is 12 hours a day, and then I’ll sleep for less than six or seven hours.”

Performing 12 hours a day? Yeah, I guess that would be a little hard on ya.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sideways_8

• friend
Re: YouToob burnout
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 07:41:33 PM »
My sympathy meter seems to be broken today.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: YouToob burnout
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 10:18:03 PM »
How much ad revenue does youtube pay out when someone has 5 million subscribers?  That is better than a lot of TV shows or entire channels.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge