Author Topic: News Flash ! Supremes allow Ohio to purge voter lists, left goes psychotic  (Read 2817 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
This just in: Acording to some SCOTUS justices, ignoring a written notice now means there was no notice.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/11/supreme-court-states-purge-voters-who-dont-vote/587316002/

Justice Stephen Breyer penned an 18-page dissent for the liberal wing of the court, marking the sixth time this term they have dissented as a bloc. He noted that most voters simply ignore the warning notices, leaving their failure to vote as the principal cause for being purged from the rolls.

"More often than not, the state fails to receive anything back from the registrant, and the fact that the state hears nothing from the registrant essentially proves nothing at all," Breyer said.

So, according to the liberal block on the SCOTUS, I should be able to ignore tickets mailed out by red light cameras ... and why bother to pay taxes if all I have to is ignore the tax bills and the government can't prove that I ever received them?

These people are seriously sick in the head.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
To clarify, the USSC upheld the Ohio law that purges voters who haven't voted in 6 years and do NOT respond to written, mailed notices.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
To clarify, the USSC upheld the Ohio law that purges voters who haven't voted in 6 years and do NOT respond to written, mailed notices.

That is so racist.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
How does he propose they should verify their voter roles?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
I will say what I have said before:  I think registering to vote should not be easy or convenient.  If someone can't be bothered to take responsibility for getting it done, then they don't get to vote.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend

Correct. But it was another 5-4 vote. The fact that four justices think failing to respond to a written reminder to verify that you're still alive and in the district should NOT be grounds to remove you from the voter list is depressing.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
What if they reply, in writing, that they are dead?

I'm guessing the Notorious RBG was in the dissent? 'Cuz I'm pretty sure she's dead, and she keeps on going.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
What if they reply, in writing, that they are dead?

I'm guessing the Notorious RBG was in the dissent? 'Cuz I'm pretty sure she's dead, and she keeps on going.

RBG, the wise Latina, Breyer, and Kagan.

Andiron

• friend
I will say what I have said before:  I think registering to vote should not be easy or convenient.  If someone can't be bothered to take responsibility for getting it done, then they don't get to vote.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter...

Can we end "early voting" too?  If you've got plans to be out of town on actual election day,  make the (very minor) effort to get a *expletive deleted*ing absentee ballot.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Can we end "early voting" too?  If you've got plans to be out of town on actual election day,  make the (very minor) effort to get a *expletive deleted*ing absentee ballot.

I actually really like early mail-in voting, mostly because of my misanthropic tendencies to hate crowds and having no desire to speak to polling place employees.

I would give it all up in a heartbeat though if there was a way to guarantee that the couple million California illegal aliens that vote in every major election were stopped in their tracks. Of course that would also mean firing all the state employees in the CA DMV that are of Mexican decent who sign these people up to vote.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends

I generally like the whole going down to the polling place to vote process. Being that I live in a small town it usually turns into a bit of a social event.
As to the early voting, twice since I've worked for my current employer I've had short notice work related travel take me out of state on election day. if we did not have early voting at the county election board I would have missed the opportunity to vote against a number of democrats.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Ohio had a practice of purging voter lists if someone hadn't voted for 2 years, didn't respond to an official letter requesting status information, and then didn't vote for an additional 4 years (6 years no activity).

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/us/politics/supreme-court-upholds-ohios-purge-of-voting-rolls.html

Essentially, the left is again decrying the "assault on minority voters" and disenfranchising them by placing barriers between them and the right to vote.

My question is... given that they've already disenfranchised themselves, that means that the left has done a *expletive deleted*it job of getting out its base, so why should they care?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Ohio had a practice of purging voter lists if someone hadn't voted for 2 years, didn't respond to an official letter requesting status information, and then didn't vote for an additional 4 years (6 years no activity).

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/us/politics/supreme-court-upholds-ohios-purge-of-voting-rolls.html

Essentially, the left is again decrying the "assault on minority voters" and disenfranchising them by placing barriers between them and the right to vote.

My question is... given that they've already disenfranchised themselves, that means that the left has done a *expletive deleted*it job of getting out its base, so why should they care?

Because without outdated rolls, how else will they commit election fraud with absentee ballots?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Pb

• friend
Because without outdated rolls, how else will they commit election fraud with absentee ballots?

=D

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Well of course people rotting in graves can't respond to letters, and are there for being disenfranchised from casting their democratic vote

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
If they haven't voted in 2 years, is that really the fraudulent votes?  I guess the screaming and gnashing of teeth would be less if they weren't. 

Hawkmoon

• friend

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Dang. Completely missed that one.

Way to craft an expository subject line.  :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
I don't know that mail in voting is a good idea.

I am friends with a woman who, in the past, worked at a government office.

She said she would never vote by mail.

She implied that the gov workers threw out votes they didn't like.

MechAg94

• friend
I can live with early voting as long as there are strict rules for picture ID checks. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
I can live with early voting as long as there are strict rules for picture ID checks. 

I'm against it. What's the point of establishing, in law, an "election day" if you let anyone who doesn't feel like voting on "election day" to just waltz in whenever they choose?

Scout26

• friend
I'm against it. What's the point of establishing, in law, an "election day" if you let anyone who doesn't feel like voting on "election day" to just waltz in whenever they choose?

Defiubnitely for it.

1)  I worked both early voting and election day this last election.  There would still be people in line to vote if everyone had to wait until election day to vote.  As it was during early voting we had lines 30-40+ deep all day, every day.

2) Since early the early voting places are open to any voter in the country, they have to show ID as we look them up by address  On election day all they do is tell us their name, we look them up in a book, they sign, we compare that the signatures kinda/sorta almost look like th one when they signed their name when they registered to vote x number of year ago.  (es, Illinois is farked and full of fraud)

3) It's also great for people that work and can't or have a hard time getting to the polls on election day, especially around here where so many people commute into Chicago.  (Leave early and come back late).

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend
Topix Merginated.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
I actually really like early mail-in voting, mostly because of my misanthropic tendencies to hate crowds and having no desire to speak to polling place employees.

Me too, for those and my own limited mobility reasons.  It's also good to post the envelope the ballot was mailed in on my door with a note on it that I had voted already.  Discourages campaign literature and "Hi, I'm running for Dingus Majesticus in this county...." door-knocks.

I would give it all up in a heartbeat though if there was a way to guarantee that the couple million California illegal aliens that vote in every major election were stopped in their tracks. Of course that would also mean firing all the state employees in the CA DMV that are of Mexican descent who sign these people up to vote.

I'm drifting toward that pattern of thought, too.  After all, the Parties both offer rides to get to the polls.

Trouble is, once a (any) single-minded voting bloc reaches a certain point, it's kitty bar the door.

No offense to any particular voting bloc, or to kitties.

Terry

Hawkmoon

• friend

Trouble is, once a (any) single-minded voting bloc reaches a certain point, it's kitty bar the door.

Forgot to use spell chack again, eh?  :old:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006011003999&guccounter=1