Author Topic: Government in action  (Read 606 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Government in action
« on: July 01, 2018, 11:04:37 AM »
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2018/06/portland_police_revoke_permit.html

Conservatives have a permit to hold a rally. The rally is attacked by Antifa thugs. The governments response is ... to revoke the permit after the rally is in progress, and order everyone to disperse. That left the people who had had a permit stranded among hostile forces, some distance from where their buses were staged.

If I didn't know our government never makes mistakes and always wants what's best for us, I might be tempted to think there was a conspiracy here to undermine a legitimate political rally.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 12:36:21 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
Re: Government in action
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 11:51:16 AM »
And then police wonder why their support among normal, law-abiding people is going down . . .  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: Government in action
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 03:48:46 PM »
That's Portland. There's a reason one of our local talk show hosts calls it Moscow on the Willamette.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy