Author Topic: Incredibles 2  (Read 614 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Incredibles 2
« on: June 18, 2018, 08:37:51 AM »
We watch very few movies in the theatre, so it takes a lot for us to decide if we will take the whole family out for one.

Incredibles 2 was completely worth it.

I'll try not to give any spoilers, but Jack-Jack steals the show, without overshadowing everything. It easily could have degenerated into being all about him (as other movies may have made that mistake), but he was a vital and important part, but not the driver of the plot. Good villain, good heros, and a "kids save the day!" without it being unbelievable (and without them driving the movie, either.) Minor issues in some of the character regression, but otherwise well done. I'd not say it's as good as the originial, but still one of Pixar's best movies. (Funny note, my wife cried at the short at the beginning.)

In the theatre, my 20 month old is probably about the same age as Jack-Jack represents and also stole the show. Jack-Jack did something funny and she, very loudly laughs, points, and says "BABY!" At which point everyone in the theatre laughed too.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Incredibles 2
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 09:57:46 AM »
Saw it yesterday, with my wife and two sons (18 and 16).  All enjoyed it very much.  Like Mak, I'll dodge spoilers, but I found that Pixar again used the Incredibles to fire shots at society.

Of, and my wife also cried at the short film.  In her defense, she's about 8 weeks from dropping our oldest off at college, so the story resonated with her a lot...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 10:10:56 AM »
Saw it yesterday, with my wife and two sons (18 and 16).  All enjoyed it very much.  Like Mak, I'll dodge spoilers, but I found that Pixar again used the Incredibles to fire shots at society.

Sounds good! I loved the original.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 10:15:56 AM »
Haven't seen it yet, but I've heard some people say the short was weird.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 10:17:11 AM »
Haven't seen it yet, but I've heard some people say the short was weird.

Oh, it certainly was... and then turns poignant.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 11:32:16 AM »
I heard this morning that Incredibles 2 had an incredible opening weekend...

Ah, here, from my local news radio website...

https://wtop.com/movies/2018/06/incredibles-2-crushes-animation-record-with-180-million/

Biggest animated opening ever and 8th largest opening ever? Yeah, that's a freaking blockbuster.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 12:24:39 PM »
Wife and I watched it yesterday at the matinee.  We went for the 5:00 showing, and got there at 4:35.  The ticket girl said there were plenty of seats at the 4:30 and they were still showing previews.  We were probably doing okay until Patty had to stop for popcorn.  We got seated, and the short film had already started but I think just barely (the young man was *just* discovering the baby dumpling in the bowl of soup; I didn't see anything before that.  I doubt that it matters.  

I didn't understand the ending.  Was the round-faced young man at the end the dumpling?  I thought the dumpling got eaten.   ???

During the actual movie, every time the rich salesman guy talked I thought of Saul Goodman :D
"It's good, though..."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 12:44:19 PM »
Wife and I watched it yesterday at the matinee.  We went for the 5:00 showing, and got there at 4:35.  The ticket girl said there were plenty of seats at the 4:30 and they were still showing previews.  We were probably doing okay until Patty had to stop for popcorn.  We got seated, and the short film had already started but I think just barely (the young man was *just* discovering the baby dumpling in the bowl of soup; I didn't see anything before that.  I doubt that it matters.  

I didn't understand the ending.  Was the round-faced young man at the end the dumpling?  I thought the dumpling got eaten.   ???

During the actual movie, every time the rich salesman guy talked I thought of Saul Goodman :D

SPOILERS! (For the short)

That was an old Asian woman. The dumpling baby was a brief representation of all that had happened with her and her son. We're left wondering, at the end, if the dumpling thing was all in her head. Then her son and she are reconciled.

(You didn't noticed the young man's and the dumpling's evil white temptress wife was exactly the same person?)

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »
That was an old Asian woman. The dumpling baby was a representation of all that had happened with her and her son. We're left wondering, at the end, if the dumpling thing was all in her head. Then her son and she are reconciled.

(You didn't noticed the young man's and the dumpling's evil white temptress wife was exactly the same person?)

Yes, I did notice that (the white wife was the same)  Old Asian woman makes more sense; that's probably what I missed at the very beginning.  I thought that was Old Asian Man's 20-ish yo son.  :lol:
"It's good, though..."