Author Topic: What caliber for carjacker at WalMart?  (Read 2219 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
What caliber for carjacker at WalMart?
« on: June 18, 2018, 08:58:03 AM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/breaking-gunfire-reported-at-tumwater-walmart-law-enforcement-on-the-scene/

Perhaps the caliber was academic for the carjacker insofar it sounds as if he was dead right there.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: What caliber for carjacker at WalMart?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 09:39:42 AM »
I pray that the victims recover from their injuries and the armed citizen doesn't run into any serious legal issues. 

It sounds like the criminal didn't care who he hurt.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »
Can't read article. They want me to log in and disable my ad blocker. Not "gonna" happen.

Unblocked version, from Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/18/carjacking-suspect-dead-outside-walmart-store-after-armed-citizens-take-action-police-say.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 10:02:13 AM »
Glad the perp got ventilated. Armed citizens seem pretty common in many areas of Washington. My daughter and her family live near where this occurred. My son in law has never expressed any interest in CCW but he is ex army ranger and special forces. I think my daughter would carry before he would.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 01:25:22 PM »
Can't read article. They want me to log in and disable my ad blocker. Not "gonna" happen.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/18/carjacking-suspect-dead-outside-walmart-store-after-armed-citizens-take-action-police-say.html

If there is a reader view function on your ancient version of Firefox, you might try using that to get around some of those things. Sometimes, it will even get you past a pay-wall.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 01:43:16 PM »
I hope nobody is charged, unless it's for technical reasons, and that the injured person recovers.

Thanks for the Fox link.  I too hate that enforced registration stuff.  (Although the male announcer, Adam Housley, could sure use some lessons in microphone technique and enunciation.  He's a real marble-mouth.)

Caliber?  Enough.  And not too much.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 01:58:56 PM »
As far as caliber, I would say anything that will reliably punch holes in the perp and do some damage.  You may only get one or two shots and it appears he was shooting also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »
I do so love a story with a happy ending :)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 02:41:04 PM »
I do so love a story with a happy ending :)

Yup, bad guy removed from the gene pool, and.....  Wait... A good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun?   That unpossible.  The media and liberals tell us that DOESN'T EVER HAPPEN!!!!  FAKE NEWS!!!!!! 

Hope all the innocents recover quickly.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 06:47:36 PM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/police-gunman-stole-ammunition-at-tumwater-walmart-was-followed-and-killed-by-armed-shopper/

More details: the assailant went into the Walmart, shot the lock off the ammunition display case and stole ammunition, and then went out into the parking lot to try another carjacking.  He was 44 years old with a violent criminal history.  I am going to be interested to see any future news stories talking about the autopsy and any toxicology tests.  I wonder if he had something on board at the time of his rampage.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 01:06:19 AM »
Glad the perp got ventilated. Armed citizens seem pretty common in many areas of Washington.

Not far from Joint Base Lewis-McCord.  Lots of .mil and associated folks around there.  Your SIL notwithstanding more of them are likely to CCW than the general population I'd think.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 08:52:28 AM »

That's odd, I could read it fine.  It didn't ask for registration or give any other sign of a paywall.

Another story with a decent ending.  It would be completely happy if one of the good guys wasn't in the hospital.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 09:01:43 AM »
That's odd, I could read it fine.  It didn't ask for registration or give any other sign of a paywall.

Another story with a decent ending.  It would be completely happy if one of the good guys wasn't in the hospital.

Fox News doesn't block you if you have an ad blocker. They just have a small popup that asks you if you wouldn't mind turning your ad blocker off, but you can just "X" it out and keep reading. The popup shows up on my travel laptop but not my main computer, even though both of them have ABP installed.

Back to topic, and regarding media, I have yet to see this story writ large in most of the MSM. I have a funny feeling that if it were a CCW holder who committed a crime with a gun, we'd be reading and hearing about it for the next month.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 09:20:12 AM »
It was the Seattle Times article that Hawkmoon couldn't read.  I didn't have any problems with it, which I found odd.  Usually my installation of Firefox is not happy with paywalls.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 09:38:09 AM »
It was the Seattle Times article that Hawkmoon couldn't read.  I didn't have any problems with it, which I found odd.  Usually my installation of Firefox is not happy with paywalls.

Oops - my error. I couldn't read the Seattle Times article either.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 10:20:23 AM »
I just delete the cookies for the Seattle Times web page and can read up to three articles before I have to delete the cookies again.  I use the 'Forget Me' extension on Chrome to deal with the paywalls that have a limited number of free articles.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 10:24:01 AM »
I just delete the cookies for the Seattle Times web page and can read up to three articles before I have to delete the cookies again.  I use the 'Forget Me' extension on Chrome to deal with the paywalls that have a limited number of free articles.

Thanks a lot, you had to go and ruin things by explaining it.  Here I was thinking I was special and all.   :'(   =D

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 02:03:15 PM »
Horrible news for the left-leaning "progressives" who think all people who carry guns are terrorists. The "civilian" who shot the carjackers is

• A fireman (lieutenant)
  • A medic (he provided first aid to the seriously wounded victim of the attempted second carjacking)
  • A pastor

So, just another deplorable, clinging to guns and religion.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 12:06:09 AM »
And, once again, I can't access the link.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 05:25:48 AM »
And, once again, I can't access the link.

Ditto.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 03:00:03 PM »
Link works for me.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 03:26:44 PM »
Here I was thinking I was special and all.

As long as you keep licking the windows on the short bus, you'll still be special.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 07:20:24 PM »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:36:48 PM by 230RN »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2018, 07:30:18 PM »
As long as you keep licking the windows on the short bus, you'll still be special.

That is such a relief.  Here I was, thinking I wasn't special anymore.