Author Topic: Diversity Kills  (Read 940 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Diversity Kills
« on: June 18, 2018, 03:33:16 PM »
http://theothermccain.com/2018/06/17/tip-pentagon-covering-up-fact-that-female-officers-nearly-sank-navy-ship/

Literally.

But, hey, most of those mouthbreathers in the navy would end up voting for Trump, anyway, so those rube's lives aren't important.

All hail DIVERSITY! DIVERSITY IS STRENGTH! DIVERSITY IS LIFE! DIVERSITY IS ALL!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Diversity Kills
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 04:15:05 PM »
We have crashed hundreds of ships with incompetent men.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 04:17:44 PM »
We have crashed hundreds of ships with incompetent men.

Uh huh. So, what you're saying is it's no big deal to add another reason to turn a blind eye to incompetence?

And, since I'll shortly be more explicitly called a sexist:

They didn't crash the ship because they were women. They crashed the ship because they were incompetent and the "command bias" towards promoting women for the sake of diversity caused their superiors to ignore their incompetence, as has occurred every single time the "decision makers" have decided that a more diverse force was more important than a competent one.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 05:30:08 PM »
I might say that more accurately as "lowering standards to achieve a desired end kills", but it really is the same thing the way liberals enact policy.  The ends justify the means, and consequences don't matter. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 06:21:43 PM »
I'm saying correlation does not equal causation. I just spent two decades in the Navy and I cannot say the ratio of worthless women is any greater than that of worthless men. Perhaps less because the women in minority that enter a voluntary service are trying to prove themselves, do what dad did, or be better than the boys. More explicitly I was on a mishap ship that did all the same crappy communication things and it was before we had chicks onboard.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 06:23:53 PM »
Once The Entities have reduced all to the lowest common denominator all will be well.  Your serf shift will be passed out at the closest government hand out center along with your hoe.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 07:27:19 PM »
Just a coincidence. Could'a happened to anybody.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 06:05:27 AM »
To expand upon what French said, because there are fewer females, if they screw up they are given the opportunity to "rehab" their careers, because diversity.   But because there are so many male officers, those males making the same mistakes are pretty much only given the opportunity to "resign for the good of the service", unless they are going to prosecuted for actual crime(s).

So just like Physical training, there are also different performance standards in other areas.  Performance(s) that would rate a male officer as "Marginal", are "Meets Standards" or even "Exceeds Standards" for females.

And I find it interesting that two officers that are required to talk to each other, were willing to jeopardize their ship and the lives of their shipmates because of something petty that left them unwilling to speak to each other.  That's the real scandal, and the commander needs to hung out to dry for allowing his wardroom to behave as if they were in high school and be that unprofessional.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 04:07:14 PM »
To expand upon what French said, because there are fewer females, if they screw up they are given the opportunity to "rehab" their careers, because diversity.   But because there are so many male officers, those males making the same mistakes are pretty much only given the opportunity to "resign for the good of the service", unless they are going to prosecuted for actual crime(s).

So just like Physical training, there are also different performance standards in other areas.  Performance(s) that would rate a male officer as "Marginal", are "Meets Standards" or even "Exceeds Standards" for females.

And I find it interesting that two officers that are required to talk to each other, were willing to jeopardize their ship and the lives of their shipmates because of something petty that left them unwilling to speak to each other.  That's the real scandal, and the commander needs to hung out to dry for allowing his wardroom to behave as if they were in high school and be that unprofessional.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 04:19:16 PM »

Needed repeated, huh?

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 04:32:53 PM »
For the sake of the nation and those who serve....yes.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.