Author Topic: Bravery in Hollywood  (Read 814 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Bravery in Hollywood
« on: June 19, 2018, 09:07:38 AM »
Hollywood always celebrates "bravery" if it's people coming out of the closet, doing some LGBTQWERGHFJUTY stuff, etc. Not super brave, IMO, since Hollywood embraces that.

Whether you're religious or not,  I think you have to respect that what Chris Pratt did here, especially it being an MTV event, is actually "being brave" in Hollywood. This is the kind of thing that will get an actor blacklisted. Pratt is also a hunter and takes a lot of heat for it, but still talks about it on social media all the time.

I was quite surprised to see that not only were there no perceptible "boos", there was a good deal of applause.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/06/19/god-is-real-learn-to-pray-chris-pratts-speech-at-the-mtvawards-will-rock-your-world-video/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Bravery in Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 09:31:36 AM »
That was a refreshing change.  It certainly took more courage to say than what that putz De Niro has been spewing recently.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 09:40:58 AM »
That was a refreshing change.  It certainly took more courage to say than what that putz De Niro has been spewing recently.

That's an even better example of what Hollywood calls "brave". Drop an F bomb about a guy 99% of your audience hates. Wow, what a backbone.

Funny, I saw that some Trump supporter disrupted De Niro's Broadway play, and the cast and crew was furious about someone injecting politics into their play.  :lol:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »
Saw the same thing. T'was funny.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 10:18:42 AM »
I've always liked Chris Pratt. Never knew what his politics were because he usually keeps that to himself.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 11:02:40 AM »
Well part of that speech threw me for a loop...  ???

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 04:38:26 PM »
I've always liked Chris Pratt. Never knew what his politics were because he usually keeps that to himself.

He has rather popular and successful of late.  It will be interesting to see how his career progresses now that he's "out".
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.