Author Topic: Immigration or Invasion?  (Read 1660 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Immigration or Invasion?
« on: June 19, 2018, 08:22:23 PM »
Pat Buchanan says it's invasion, and he views it as an existential conflict.

https://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/trump-and-the-invasion-of-the-west/

Meanwhile, Nancy Pelosi says it's not an immigration issue.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/06/19/this-is-not-an-immigration-issue-says-rep-nancy-pelosi-of-the-current-immigration-issue/

I'd have to agree with her. Since they didn't enter by any legal method of immigration, they aren't immigrants and that means it's not an immigration issue. It's a plain, old-fashioned, criminal "they broke the law" issue. If illegal aliens don't want to have their [alleged] families broken up or separated, they have a choice -- don't sneak across the border illegally into the United States.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
Re: Immigration or Invasion?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 09:25:36 PM »
It's a population replacement,  with people that will vote Dem for generations.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 10:53:43 PM »
Well, you can easily just say that an invasion is not an immigration issue, can't you?   ??? [tinfoil] =|
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 11:05:43 PM »
And now it seems all this verbiage about "separating" children from their parents ... may not be quite the problem the usual suspects want to pretend it is.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/tony-perkins-sessions-dna-tests/

Around 12,000 children are currently in the custody of Health and Human Services after entering the United States. According to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirsten Nielsen, 10,000 of the 12,000 children in the care of HHS arrived in the U.S. as unaccompanied minors.

So, if 10,000 of them were unaccompanied, that means they already voluntarily separated themselves from their parental units, and Trump didn't have anything to do with it.

And, as I had to inform a more liberal-leaning acquaintance just an hour or so ago, these kids are not being held in cages. They are in accommodations that are more like dormitories. They attend classes. They get clean clothes and decent food. I read an article that commented that the staff has to teach many of them how to use a flush toilet and how to operate a shower. In other words, they have it MUCH better than they've ever known before. Trump didn't write the law that says children can't be sent to prison because a parent is imprisoned. Congress wrote that. If they don't like the result, they can unwrite it. Trump is the nation's chief executive officer. It's his constitutional duty to ensure that laws are executed. It's completely unfair to blame him for doing his job.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 11:26:31 PM »
It's all in the spin.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/cnn-border-patrol-agent-speechless/

After the BP agent tells some horror stories, Brooke Baldwin goes along for a nanosecond or two and agrees that something needs to be done. But, she's a good liberal, so she won't be derailed from making the result into the cause. At 2:40:

"But keeping the focus on the kids, you know America is outraged by what is happening, and I want you as a Border Patrol agent, can you assure everyone watching that you and your Border Patrol colleagues are treating these children humanely?"

And he came back and said "I can tell you with absolute certainty that they're being treated humanely."

I have news for Ms. Baldwin. I'm an American. Yes, I'm outraged. I'm outraged that I have to pay for housing, feeding, clothing, and educating these ILLEGAL ALIEN children while nobody from the government is providing me any  assistance with housing, feeding, clothing and educating my daughter, who is an American citizen. I am outraged that people from other countries think they have a right to enter MY country illegally. And I am outraged that liberal politicians and liberal journalists seem to thin that enforcing our laws is now a bad thing.

Hawkmoon

• friend

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 11:45:43 PM »
And now it seems all this verbiage about "separating" children from their parents ... may not be quite the problem the usual suspects want to pretend it is.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/tony-perkins-sessions-dna-tests/

So, if 10,000 of them were unaccompanied, that means they already voluntarily separated themselves from their parental units, and Trump didn't have anything to do with it.

And, as I had to inform a more liberal-leaning acquaintance just an hour or so ago, these kids are not being held in cages. They are in accommodations that are more like dormitories. They attend classes. They get clean clothes and decent food. I read an article that commented that the staff has to teach many of them how to use a flush toilet and how to operate a shower. In other words, they have it MUCH better than they've ever known before. Trump didn't write the law that says children can't be sent to prison because a parent is imprisoned. Congress wrote that. If they don't like the result, they can unwrite it. Trump is the nation's chief executive officer. It's his constitutional duty to ensure that laws are executed. It's completely unfair to blame him for doing his job.

Since when does being unfair ever stop libs and NeverTrumpers  from blaming him? >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 02:33:19 PM »
It's all in the spin.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/cnn-border-patrol-agent-speechless/

After the BP agent tells some horror stories, Brooke Baldwin goes along for a nanosecond or two and agrees that something needs to be done. But, she's a good liberal, so she won't be derailed from making the result into the cause. At 2:40:

"But keeping the focus on the kids, you know America is outraged by what is happening, and I want you as a Border Patrol agent, can you assure everyone watching that you and your Border Patrol colleagues are treating these children humanely?"

And he came back and said "I can tell you with absolute certainty that they're being treated humanely."

I have news for Ms. Baldwin. I'm an American. Yes, I'm outraged. I'm outraged that I have to pay for housing, feeding, clothing, and educating these ILLEGAL ALIEN children while nobody from the government is providing me any  assistance with housing, feeding, clothing and educating my daughter, who is an American citizen. I am outraged that people from other countries think they have a right to enter MY country illegally. And I am outraged that liberal politicians and liberal journalists seem to thin that enforcing our laws is now a bad thing.

What do you propose the border patrol do with children found in the desert?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 03:08:58 PM »
What do you propose the border patrol do with children found in the desert?

I'm getting real sick of the false compassion people are exhibiting. Every bleeding heart sob story that makes people go soft on enforcement encourages more people to risk their children's lives by sending them across Mexico. That's just sick.

Options:

Declare their parents unfit (for having sent children across a violent, dangerous country unaccompanied) and put them up for adoption, severing ALL legal connection to their birth countries and families.

Declare any unaccompanied ones aged 16 or older as "emancipated minors" (having shown their independence by crossing a country), and treat them as adults. (And quickly deport them.)

Deny EVERY asylum request from ANY person who does not cross at a legal border crossing. You want to game the system? Automatic no.

Send them back to Mexico, since they are turning a blind eye to the invaders and granting them safe passage across the country.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 05:55:16 PM »
^^^
Works for me.
Or drop them off at the nearest embassy of their home country.

For those adults caught entering after already being deported and those with known violent criminal histories and gang asssociation they should get what I like to call high altitude repatriation.
30K feet flyover and drop them off. Bonus to the flight crew if they "land" deported in a cartel compound.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 06:04:25 PM »
From Hawkmoon....

I have news for Ms. Baldwin. I'm an American. Yes, I'm outraged. I'm outraged that I have to pay for housing, feeding, clothing, and educating these ILLEGAL ALIEN children while nobody from the government is providing me any  assistance with housing, feeding, clothing and educating my daughter, who is an American citizen. I am outraged that people from other countries think they have a right to enter MY country illegally. And I am outraged that liberal politicians and liberal journalists seem to think that enforcing our laws is now a bad thing.

That is all.

Terry

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 02:01:33 AM »
From the Way-back in 2014 Machine:
Family Of Immigrant Detainee Sues President Obama, Government For Wrongful Death

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/08/29/family-of-immigrant-detainee-sues-president-obama-government-for-wrongful-death/

This guy is so concerned about migrant kids, he wanted to kill some American kids over it.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/32096/democrat-volunteer-threatens-kill-republican-reps-ryan-saavedra

This guy's much more reasonable - he just wants a kid to get raped. No biggy.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/32092/melanie-notifies-secret-service-after-peter-fondas-hank-berrien

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 01:24:38 PM »

This guy's much more reasonable - he just wants a kid to get raped. No biggy.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/32092/melanie-notifies-secret-service-after-peter-fondas-hank-berrien

Interesting in how his comments were handled by Sony in relation to how Roseanne Barr's were handled by ABC (or whichever network she was on). Not to minimize anything Barr said, but I'm pretty sure his comments were about 100X worse.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 01:36:17 PM »
Interesting in how his comments were handled by Sony in relation to how Roseanne Barr's were handled by ABC (or whichever network she was on). Not to minimize anything Barr said, but I'm pretty sure his comments were about 100X worse.

How dare you, sir? Racism, as we all know, is the Great Abomination, and must be hated and punished. Better a million white devil children be hypothetically raped than a single black guy hear an unkind word.

Obviously.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife