Author Topic: Gun collection of late comedian Jerry Lewis up for auction  (Read 754 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Gun collection of late comedian Jerry Lewis up for auction
« on: June 19, 2018, 10:13:59 PM »
http://www.guns.com/2018/06/18/gun-collection-of-late-comedian-jerry-lewis-up-for-auction/
This is a link in there to the auction catalog.  The guns come up after 3 or 4 pages.  More of them than I thought I would see.  
http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2018/jerry-lewis/Jerry-Lewis-Flipping-Book/Jerry-Lewis/

I am bit curious if his friends thought he liked guns or if that sort of gift was more common in those social circles back then. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Gun collection of late comedian Jerry Lewis up for auction
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 06:29:45 AM »
MSNBC, I think it was, was running news of the auction with headlines about Jerry Lewis' "massive arsenal."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 08:19:16 AM »
MSNBC, I think it was, was running news of the auction with headlines about Jerry Lewis' "massive arsenal."

An "OK collection", heavy on shotguns and snubbies.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 09:20:18 AM »

I am bit curious if his friends thought he liked guns or if that sort of gift was more common in those social circles back then. 

Apparently he was a pretty big performer of gun spinning tricks.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic