Author Topic: SPLC finally gets some comeuppance.  (Read 808 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
SPLC finally gets some comeuppance.
« on: June 20, 2018, 02:16:24 PM »
The Southern Poverty Hate Group is finally facing some consequences for the way they cavalierly smear as hateful anyone that departs from the groupthink. They agreed to pay a few million dollars to a Muslim activist they smeared as anti-Muslim, and now 60 other plaintiffs are preparing to get their dues, as well.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/about-60-organizations-are-considering-a-lawsuit-against-the-splc-following-3m-nawaz-settlement/

In case you don’t recall who they are:

Staver noted that the SPLC labels groups "in order to destroy them," and he pointed out that that characterization comes from the SPLC's own words. The Liberty Counsel chairman also referenced a terror attack inspired by the left-wing group's "hate map."

In 2012, Floyd Lee Corkins III broke into the Family Research Council (FRC), aiming to kill everyone in the building. He admitted to targeting the FRC because the SPLC listed it as an "anti-gay group" on its "hate map." That wasn't the only incident connecting the SPLC with terror, however.

"Even the shooter last year in D.C. was a Facebook fan of the SPLC and the SPLC ran a false article saying [House Majority Whip] Steve Scaliese was a white supremacist," Staver added. In a statement, Nawaz himself had highlighted the connection between the SPLC and James Hodgkinson, the Congressional Baseball Game shooter last summer.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
Re: SPLC finally gets some comeuppance.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 04:16:03 PM »
I don't have much sympathy (none at all really). 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 05:43:01 PM »
Couldn't happen to a nicer group.  [/sarcasm]

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 06:34:49 PM »
Why is the SPLC still in my state? :facepalm:   I don't understand why we can't deport it to a foreign country, like California. =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 08:00:27 PM »
I do find it hilarious that the method the SPLC used to break the Klan is being used to break them.*

* - Being sued into insolvency because of terrorist actions on the part of their members/supporters.  I don't doubt that the various Klan and Neo-Nazi hate groups need to be watched.  But if all they are are a couple hundred knucklehead ranting on the interwebz and watching Spongebob in Tyron's Mom's Basement on Wednesday's at 7:30pm, then just keep an eye on them.  Once they cross the line into violence, then go after them with the hammers of hell.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.