Author Topic: Sarah Sanders Ejected From Restaurant  (Read 905 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Sarah Sanders Ejected From Restaurant
« on: June 23, 2018, 12:44:10 PM »
Sarah Sanders was kicked out of a Virginia restaurant because of the owner's "moral conviction".

BAKE THE CAKE!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/23/sarah-sanders-says-was-thrown-out-virginia-restaurant-because-works-for-trump.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
Re: Sarah Sanders Ejected From Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 12:46:08 PM »
Their revolting restaurant, their rules. 

Aholes like them have freedom of association also...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 12:48:49 PM »

Absolutely true, yet it only seems to go one way these days, at least without the business being labeled racist or homophobic or neonazi. I just saw that the Oregon couple with the bakery apparently lost their latest appeal and are now pretty much broke.

ETA: I would actually be fine with them going broke if it was simply people choosing not to frequent their business. Going broke due to legal fees and state mandated fines is another matter.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 12:52:25 PM »
So let's recap: Places of public accommodation can't discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, creed, sexual orientation/identification, or physical or mental disability -- but they can discriminate if you work for Trump. Got it.

I think it's time for all Republican business owners to start evicting registered Democrats.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 02:13:05 PM »
Looks like the restaurant is being clobbered on Yelp: 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-red-hen-lexington-3?hrid=VHV9WShAKhoEyGEhFet4Tg
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 02:41:29 PM »

What Ben said.

Freedom of association is only for the pious left,  dirt people need not apply.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 03:11:36 PM »
Looks like the restaurant is being clobbered on Yelp: 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-red-hen-lexington-3?hrid=VHV9WShAKhoEyGEhFet4Tg

Yelp reviews are now being "cleaned up" per the website.  No doubt any cleanup would be minimal and lopsided if it were a conservative leaning establishment.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 05:28:23 PM »
Is the Red Hen going to close for a day, so the employees can learn about tolerance and inclusion?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 06:05:25 PM »
Normally I'm not in favor of such acts but a peaceful protest that "inadvertently" blocked access for one of their busiest days, several days/weeks running would be appropriate in this case.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 08:53:11 PM »
Is the Red Hen going to close for a day, so the employees can learn about tolerance and inclusion intolerance and exclusion?

Probably not.  I think they have it figured out.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 09:32:30 PM »
And now the left is trying to start up that she broke ethics rules.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/24/sarah-sanders-speaks-about-ejection-from-virginia-restaurant

Shaub added: “There’s no ethics rule against Sarah Sanders fans being cartoonish hypocrites in defending merchants discriminating against gay people but howling when a merchant rejects a human rights violator based on her involvement in harming babies & children. Ridicule will have to suffice.”
Calls them hypocrites when they are pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. What's that quote about accusing the enemy what you yourself are doing?

This Shaub guy was the federal ethics chief for President Obama. Funny how he mentioned harming babies and children when during Obama's term they actually released them to human traffickers.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 10:33:37 PM »
I don't mind the business refusing service to anyone they want to.  I just think they should put a sign out front stating the policy so everyone knows ahead of time and can enter or not.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 08:06:46 AM »
I don't mind the business refusing service to anyone they want to.  I just think they should put a sign out front stating the policy so everyone knows ahead of time and can enter or not.

My thoughts as well. And it should be in their advertising so I don't waste driving there either.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »

If restaurants did this, and also listed these policies on their websites, methinks many of them would go out of business very quickly.
Not that this would be a bad thing in a lot of cases.