Author Topic: All-You-Can-Eat buffet economics.  (Read 1691 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: All-You-Can-Eat buffet economics.
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 11:07:35 AM »
The Chinese buffets with other foods mixed in are the best anyway.  There was one nearby that decent pepper steak, but also had garlic bread, french fries, chicken nuggets, and pizza (never tempted to try it).   =)  Yes, it was a carbohydrate fountain.  It got closed down, I never heard exactly why.  I do recall going in there at 11 AM when they supposedly opened and the food didn't taste as fresh as I expected. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 12:15:25 PM »
???

Pizza Buffet? I've never heard of that...

Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn, CiCi's, and Mr. Gatti's all had lunch buffets in the DFW area when I lived there.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »
Economic rule #1 if you want to open an all-you-can-eat buffet: don't do so in a town along the Appalachian Trail.  The thru-hikers will eat you into bankruptcy.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 01:13:19 PM »
When visiting the in-laws in Reading, PA, we used to go to the Shady Maple near Lancaster.

https://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord

The last time we went (for a late breakfast), I overheard the people at the nearby table: they had been eating breakfast for almost three hours and were waiting for lunch.  That pretty much killed my appetite.

I once worked with a lawyer who grew up in that area.  A family tradition was to gorge at the Shady Maple the day after Thanksgiving!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame