Author Topic: The Purge: the Morning After  (Read 1268 times)

MechAg94

• friend
The Purge: the Morning After
« on: July 10, 2018, 06:06:30 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_c8yLU-jaI
This is a parody skit that is kind of funny or disturbing depending on your point of view.  Demonstrates why the "purge" idea wouldn't even come close to accomplishing the premise of the movie.  

It did get me thinking about what all would change about our lives if the Purge were actually going to happen or had been happening.  It is an interesting thought, but there is so much that would change I can't imagine any such idea lasting very long.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8GK558oaRg
Here is another one that was linked.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The Purge: the Morning After
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 06:27:00 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TpY7ZjmFro
From College Humor.  This is probably the best I have seen today. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 06:50:58 PM »
I thought this was related to the all you can eat buffet thread directly above it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 07:42:41 PM »
First time I heard about the premise of The Purge, I remember thinking it would be an APS dream.  Meet up, arm up, and wait for the bad guys to come to you.  Start firing at 800 yards for you long range guys.  In the morning, bacon, eggs, biscuits, some corned beef hash, and coffee.  Clean up the brass, clean the guns, and BBQ for dinner, with beer and bourbon.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 10:59:39 PM »
First time I heard about the premise of The Purge, I remember thinking it would be an APS dream.  Meet up, arm up, and wait for the bad guys to come to you.  Start firing at 800 yards for you long range guys.  In the morning, bacon, eggs, biscuits, some corned beef hash, and coffee.  Clean up the brass, clean the guns, and BBQ for dinner, with beer and bourbon.
And that is how I figure it would end up.  Normal people would band up and defend their neighborhoods.  If given 6 months or a year to plan, there are all sorts of changes people could and would make to fort up and arm up.  Not to mention neighborhood and home design would be completely different if defense from active attackers was needed. 

The movie seems to assume the majority of people are closet psychopaths looking for an excuse.  The sad thing is I am sure there are people (some educated) who think it would be a good idea.  Maybe the libertarian purists could get a chance to test their ideas about life without police, etc.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 11:31:49 PM »
I thought this was related to the all you can eat buffet thread directly above it.
If it is the next day, I would think the purging was involuntary. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 06:45:04 AM »
"The movie seems to assume the majority of people are closet psychopaths looking for an excuse."

They're not?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 02:30:13 PM »
"The movie seems to assume the majority of people are closet psychopaths looking for an excuse."

They're not?

You're projecting again.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 02:39:07 PM »
You're projecting again.

He is near D.C.  I imagine that affects you after a while. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 09:58:23 AM »
You're projecting again.

You misspoke...

Should be Projectiling Again.

Now where did I leave that spare speed loader...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.