Author Topic: God-Emperor Trump lays the smack-down on NATO  (Read 5994 times)

brimic

• friends
God-Emperor Trump lays the smack-down on NATO
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:35:04 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/11/world/europe/trump-nato-live-updates.html

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Will the winning ever end? Every day is something new to punch my giggle button....

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: God-Emperor Trump lays the smack-down on NATO
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 10:43:16 AM »
Going to be much outrage and nowhere will anyone be able to say he is wrong.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 11:15:01 AM »
Maybe it will start a discussion about the actual need for the NATO alliance going forward.  I think that discussion needs to happen.  We should continue funding international institutions just for tradition.  If there is no need or continuing purpose, then dismantle them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 11:20:47 AM »
“How can you be together when a country is getting its energy from the country you want protection against?”

The emperor's new clothes.

Trump is the proverbial bull in a china shop. He doesn't mind telling it like it is, and that makes a lot of people feel all butt hurt, because deep inside they know he's right.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 11:58:03 AM »
We have the war on semantics now, trump says 60% of their energy from Russia, fact checkers determined that was a lie, only 20% of their total energy comes from gas, oh yeah, they get 60% of that from Russia, please kindly ignore four winter's ago when they throttled delivery and that pesky Ukraine war, Crimea thing, Syrian mess, none of those have anything to do with pipelines.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 12:15:10 PM »
We have the war on semantics now, trump says 60% of their energy from Russia, fact checkers determined that was a lie, only 20% of their total energy comes from gas, oh yeah, they get 60% of that from Russia, please kindly ignore four winter's ago when they throttled delivery and that pesky Ukraine war, Crimea thing, Syrian mess, none of those have anything to do with pipelines.
[/quote

Didn't the Reagan administration warn Europe about that pipeline?  Of course that was back when actors weren't smart enough to hold political office.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 12:59:09 PM »
NATO leaders pledged their “unwavering commitment” to boost defense spending on Wednesday, following stern words from President Trump criticizing European leaders for spending too little.

Looks like those stern words may have worked. I guess you don't have to bow and say please all the time. :)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/11/trump-tangles-with-nato-leaders-in-testy-start-to-brussels-summit.html

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 01:02:22 PM »
I wonder if the universe would implode if Trump were to start calling in all the I.O.U.s European countries still owe the United States after WW2 ...

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 01:15:22 PM »
I wonder if the universe would implode if Trump were to start calling in all the I.O.U.s European countries still owe the United States after WW2 ...

...with interest.

Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 02:05:47 PM »
Wouldn't it be fun to see Trump remind the president of China that if the United States hadn't bailed them out, they'd be speaking Japanese today?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 02:07:14 PM »
Wouldn't it be fun to see Trump remind the president of China that if the United States hadn't bailed them out, they'd be speaking Japanese today?

Wait long enough, and he'll say it. He says the things we want to say.

Barack Obama

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 02:32:30 PM »
My theory is someone close to the POTUS (DTJ?) comes here and gets ideas. There have been way too many coincidences where we are talking and saying things and then BOOM... here came a tweet from POTUS or a sound bite saying exactly what we were saying. Spooky I tell you!!

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 02:42:25 PM »
My theory is someone close to the POTUS (DTJ?) comes here and gets ideas. There have been way too many coincidences where we are talking and saying things and then BOOM... here came a tweet from POTUS or a sound bite saying exactly what we were saying. Spooky I tell you!!

bob
I will go on record and say it isn't me.   [tinfoil]

I imagine your first thought was "duh!". 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 02:46:25 PM »
^,^: Funny, I've had the same suspicion for quite a while.

But I finally decided it's just a question of him saying what we would say if we had the bully pulpit.  

OTOH, there's a high suspicion his son is on a gun board... that's a possibility for a "leak."  Heh-heh.

But 'tain't me, even though we both grew up in the same area in Queens.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:02:49 PM by 230RN »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 02:48:17 PM »
Going to be much outrage and nowhere will anyone be able to say he is wrong.

Yep, that's Trump's biggest "flaw".

He says the things that "Polite" people won't say. It was like his S-Hole comment. No one could saw he was wrong, just that they were outraged he would say it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 03:56:46 PM »

But I finally decided it's just a question of him saying what we would say if we had the bully pulpit.  

OTOH, there's a high suspicion his son is on a gun board... that's a possibility for a "leak."  Heh-heh.

But 'tain't me, even though we both grew up in the same area in Queens.

Terry, 230RN

I'm sure they've thought of using a search algorithm to detect high concentrations of snark combined with general disdain for big government..

Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 04:46:06 PM »
Yep, that's Trump's biggest "flaw".

He says the things that "Polite" people won't say. It was like his S-Hole comment. No one could saw he was wrong, just that they were outraged he would say it.
To me, "polite people" has nearly become synonymous with "Scum Sucking, Do Nothing, Big Govt Politician" who are out to enrich themselves (substitute "Bureaucrat" for politician if needed).  It basically means he isn't part of the power elite in D.C. or the international order.  

Politicians have politely eroded our rights and wasted our tax money for a long time.  If Trump being impolite and crude is what it takes to shake things up and get positive things done, then I am all for it.  

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 05:08:39 PM »
I think Clinton and George W bush both wanted people to like them, Obama wanted people to worship him, and trump doesn't give a sh!t if anybody likes him.
Which makes him a much better president in my opinion.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 05:12:57 PM »
I think Clinton and George W bush both wanted people to like them, Obama wanted people to worship him, and trump doesn't give a sh!t if anybody likes him.
Which makes him a much better president in my opinion.

But Trump is the one who's thin-skinned, right?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 07:56:06 PM »

Maybe Melania is stalking me, trying to decide what offer would make me most likely to accept her as a sugar momma.

(For the record, $1M cash and a medium sized house on some of the cheap land about 15 miles from here would do it.  A couple of those ranches even have nice long, flat areas perfect for a private runway so she can visit whenever she wants without the inconvenience of major airports.)

(I'll even take payments of, say, $5k/month if avoiding the large transaction paperwork is a concern.)

grampster

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 08:12:46 PM »
I keep having to constantly remind him not to say, grampster told me..... :old: :angel:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 09:02:54 PM »

There's a "djtjr" user on TFL.  No posts.  

if he's around now, I expect he'd be using a more obfuscated pseudonym.

djtjr on thr
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:10:45 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 09:05:23 PM »
I saw John Kerry was berating Trump, so I figure POTUS did something right again.  =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 09:40:31 PM »
Wasn't it revealed that he posts on some bow and arrow forum or something?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 09:49:35 PM »
John Kerry?