Author Topic: God-Emperor Trump lays the smack-down on NATO  (Read 5972 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: God-Emperor Trump lays the smack-down on NATO
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2018, 08:30:57 PM »
When I was in Baumholder there were numerous complaints about CIF about them rejecting everything. (apparently they could see mud and dirt at the microscopic level)  So the Deputy Community Commander (DCC, O-6 Full Bird Colonel) had the Military Community (MILCOM) Commander (Captain O-3) make up fake orders and sent a solider to draw from CIF.  All that gear then sat in the DCC's office for 4 months.  Never went to field, never even unpacked from the dufflebags they were loaded into at CIF.  MILCOM commander gave a different solider clearing papers and he went to CIF to turn-in the gear.  About half of the stuff was rejected.

I heard the asschewing the DCC gave to CIF was gloriously epic.  After that, unless your gear was really unserviceable (ripped, torn, trashed and the like), then CIF accepted it. 

That setup was awesome sauce!  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2018, 01:13:33 AM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/33089/ny-times-trump-got-nato-everything-obama-ever-joseph-curl

"Now that the smoke has cleared from the NATO summit meeting, the most tangible result is apparent: President Trump advanced President Barack Obama’s initiative to keep the allies on track to shoulder a more equitable share of NATO’s costs. Mr. Trump even signed on to a tough statement directed at Russia. For once he saw eye to eye with his predecessor," the Times wrote in its own editorial.

:rofl:

Like a friend of mine once said of Trump, to a nervous Never-Trumper, "forget what he says; look at what he does."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2018, 01:32:21 AM »

When I was in Baumholder there were numerous complaints about CIF about them rejecting everything. (apparently they could see mud and dirt at the microscopic level)  So the Deputy Community Commander (DCC, O-6 Full Bird Colonel) had the Military Community (MILCOM) Commander (Captain O-3) make up fake orders and sent a solider to draw from CIF.  All that gear then sat in the DCC's office for 4 months.  Never went to field, never even unpacked from the dufflebags they were loaded into at CIF.  MILCOM commander gave a different solider clearing papers and he went to CIF to turn-in the gear.  About half of the stuff was rejected.

I heard the asschewing the DCC gave to CIF was gloriously epic.  After that, unless your gear was really unserviceable (ripped, torn, trashed and the like), then CIF accepted it. 

Beautiful! Things like that should happen much more often in the .mil and .gov.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2018, 07:07:51 AM »
As a side note COL Grundvig had been commander of 2/68 ARM when Jeffrey Dahmer was there as a medic.  He gave Dahmer a field grade Art. 15 for being a drunk. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.