Author Topic: WTF Bureau - Paris Desk  (Read 1148 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
WTF Bureau - Paris Desk
« on: July 15, 2018, 07:49:01 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5956427/French-fans-home-abroad-erupt-celebration-sides-second-World-Cup-triumph.html

Why can't people be happy their team won without engaging in looting and destruction?

Police forces fired tear gas as scuffles and pockets of looting broke out on the Champs-Élysées as French football fans celebrate their side's spectacular World Cup victory over Croatia in Moscow today.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: WTF Bureau - Paris Desk
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 07:51:55 PM »
Yay sports!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 08:04:20 PM »
I haven't seen any reports of mobs of French fans in Russia trashing Moscow. What's up wit dat?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 08:20:07 PM »
I haven't seen any reports of mobs of French fans in Russia trashing Moscow. What's up wit dat?

No one could probably tell if the place was trashed or not given what I've heard Moscow is like...... :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 08:30:59 PM »
Soccer Hooligans Run Amok after Big Match...Film at 11.  And in other news water is wet...

I saw one report that some soccer hooligans tried to get frisky in some Russian city (not Moscow, but elsewhere) earlier in the tournament.  The Russian Po-po were having none of it.  As in some English knob jumped on a parked police and immediately sustained life threatening injuries from "falling off"....Here it is...  Pour Encourager les Autres...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1S-6hlzqD0
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 10:12:23 PM »
I haven't seen any reports of mobs of French fans in Russia trashing Moscow. What's up wit dat

There is a video online of soccer fans trying to start some *expletive deleted*it in Russia...the video then shows the police giving the offenders the Rodney King treatment
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 10:16:52 PM »
Soccer Hooligans Run Amok after Big Match...Film at 11.  And in other news water is wet...

I saw one report that some soccer hooligans tried to get frisky in some Russian city (not Moscow, but elsewhere) earlier in the tournament.  The Russian Po-po were having none of it.  As in some English knob jumped on a parked police and immediately sustained life threatening injuries from "falling off"....Here it is...  Pour Encourager les Autres...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1S-6hlzqD0

Terribly bad luck that he happened to fall in the path of those police batons, wasn't it?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 11:06:43 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5956427/French-fans-home-abroad-erupt-celebration-sides-second-World-Cup-triumph.html

Why can't people be happy their team won without engaging in looting and destruction?

It about soccer - looting and destruction is just about the ONLY way to alleviate the tedium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSHoMQFtEVc
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 06:04:55 PM »
I could never understand inherently low-scoring games.  One tiny lucky break, one point, and you're the world champion team.

Gooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll ! ! !

Woo.

Hoo.

It's about soccer - looting and destruction is just about the ONLY way to alleviate the tedium.

I'm glad somebody else has used that word in re soccer, too.

Terry, "Use Crestfield wax paper," 230RN

« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:18:19 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.