Author Topic: Whose fault? The kid or the company?  (Read 2487 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Whose fault? The kid or the company?
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 05:10:38 PM »
8-10 year old, severely cyanotic, using every single accessory muscle to try to move even a little bit of air will definitely get you motivated to move your butt.   We *really* didn't feel like doing CPR on a kid that day.     Conversely, on the CPR in progress call you witnessed - there are some times when we'll let bystanders continue CPR.  But they are rare.  If they're doing really good CPR, and if they're not tired out already, I will have them continue CPR if fire isn't on scene with us.   That frees us up to get all our crap ready - but it's not like we're standing their idly either... We'll be in a nice little flurry of activity getting everything set up.   Ideally, from the time we walk up to the pt to the time we're delivering the first shock (if they're in a shockable rhythm) should be less than 1 minute.

The crew I watched didn't hurry at all.  Fire and EMS came in together and everyone acted very leisurely in getting set up.  The guy doing CPR (me) wasn't tired, just pissed off.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2018, 05:22:39 PM »
I found this interesting: https://www.verywellhealth.com/is-it-possible-to-compress-the-chest-too-fast-1298427

I never thought about a maximum, but apparently there is a point of diminishing returns.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2018, 01:31:38 AM »
Are there any equivalent (or nearly so) natural "anti-allergens"?

Nothing readily obtainable works like epi, and for food allergies, nothing other than figuring out what factor in modern society has made peanuts suddenly more dangerous than any bullet ever developed.

For a respiratory allergy, pretty much any other way of getting small amounts into your system works.  If I go out early in ragweed season in shorts and let my legs spend a day or two puffy and red, I can usually get through the rest of the season without sneezing.  A cat scratch may look like a horrible injury on me with massive swelling and redness for a few hours, but it seems to inoculate me against the eye/nose irritation for months.  Local raw honey is a much more pleasant way to accomplish similar results with plant allergens, but it does seem to take a lot.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2018, 04:43:42 PM »
a company cannot indemnify itself against consumer stupidity.