Author Topic: Our Society is crazy, Part MMMCMLXVI  (Read 1477 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Our Society is crazy, Part MMMCMLXVI
« on: July 17, 2018, 04:07:42 PM »
The Mennonites are looking more and more to have the right idea...

No, not the hats, the beards, and the no driving cars necessarily, but purposely separating themselves from the society where this is becoming the norm:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33174/planet-fitness-bans-woman-refusing-share-locker-paul-bois

Woman isn't comfortable "sharing" a lockerroom with a man, who is obviously a man, (seriously, listen to the 911 call that is linked where he is repeatedly called "Sir" by the operator) so she gets kicked out of the gym.

Our world is getting crazier by the minute.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: Our Society is crazy, Part MMMCMLXVI
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:25:57 PM »
As a society we went to great lengths to create actual, real-world physical  safe-spaces for women. Bathrooms and locker rooms have been set aside at great expense, but also returning a great amount of value, for their use only but now, because of SJW woke-ness crap, women don't get to actually feel safe in these places.

We've traded actual safe-places for pretend safe-places with blankies, puppies, coloring books, no white males, and no dissenting opinions for this BS.

You're plumbing determines what door you go through, not your feelings.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 11:43:14 PM »
Don't they also have events like pizza parties? And I remember reading about something else crazy that they had done recently.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 07:14:01 AM »
seriously, listen to the 911 call that is linked where he is repeatedly called "Sir" by the operator

Obviously I don't know the details of her sexual harassment of him her whatever.  But I suspect we have devolved to the point where a guy can claim, with a straight face, that he was harassed because a woman didn't want to be naked in the same room with him.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 08:16:15 AM »
Planet fatness.
You can't dress like you're working out.
You can't be super fit and use them.  If you are, you better wear baggy clothes and cover your muscles.
Do not under any circumstances grunt or drop weights.  Which is hard to do since the dumbbells only go to like 60 pounds.
Hey, even though science has learned that your weight is at least 80% dietary, we're going to serve you bagels, pizza and candy during the week.
No gallon jugs of water because it intimidates people.
PF is a rip off and disgusts me.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 08:54:56 PM »
Planet fatness.
You can't dress like you're working out.
You can't be super fit and use them.  If you are, you better wear baggy clothes and cover your muscles.
Do not under any circumstances grunt or drop weights.  Which is hard to do since the dumbbells only go to like 60 pounds.
Hey, even though science has learned that your weight is at least 80% dietary, we're going to serve you bagels, pizza and candy during the week.
No gallon jugs of water because it intimidates people.
PF is a rip off and disgusts me.

Aw that's the other thing I was thinking of. Actually being strong and lifting weights was intimidating to people.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 11:33:27 PM »
Aw that's the other thing I was thinking of. Actually being strong and lifting weights was intimidating to people.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 05:51:27 AM »
Don't they also have events like pizza parties? And I remember reading about something else crazy that they had done recently.

Yes, they do.  Planet Fitness wants their customers to not workout.  PF wants their customers to pay their $5 momthly fee and not go to the gym.  That is their business plan and it is working.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?