Author Topic: Mass shooting in Toronto  (Read 1271 times)

Phyphor

• friend
Mass shooting in Toronto
« on: July 23, 2018, 01:24:05 AM »
A black-clad gunman opened fire in a busy neighborhood of Toronto on Sunday night.

According to Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders, 14 individuals were shot in the incident.

The shooter was killed in an “exchange of gunfire” after police arrived on the scene, Saunders told reporters at a news conference early Monday morning. A victim has also died from injuries sustained in the attack.

(More at the article)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/07/23/toronto-mass-shooting-9-hit-as-gunman-opened-fire-sunday-night-shooter-dead-police-say/?utm_term=.c118e46157b2

I wonder who they'll say the shooter is? Any bets?

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Mass shooting in Toronto
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 01:34:20 AM »
Fake news.

This is impossible -- Canada has strict gun control.

Another witness told CTV he estimated the gunman fired about 20 shots.

“And then, I saw the carnage as I ran down the street here to kind of follow the gunfire,” the man told the station. “I saw at least four people shot.”

What kind of idiot runs to follow a mass shooter?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 05:11:47 AM »
Anybody know what Toronto is like? It mentions that because of a spike of shootings this year that they had added 200 extra officers in "targeted areas" between 7pm to 3am.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:25:11 AM »
Anybody know what Toronto is like? It mentions that because of a spike of shootings this year that they had added 200 extra officers in "targeted areas" between 7pm to 3am.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/survey-shows-muslim-population-is-fastest-growing-religion-in-canada

Guess we'll see who the shooter was...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 11:20:57 AM »
What kind of idiot runs to follow a mass shooter?
Not sure if serious ....

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 12:49:29 PM »
the chickens come home to roost

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 02:57:52 PM »

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 03:43:37 PM »

My cousin's husband is Captain in some division of Metro Toronto PD. He said that its about the last 15 years or so that "no go" zones have popped up for the PD and that in those enclaves Sharia law is what's in effect. Its even been given a nod of approval from the Province, though officially its just supposed to be for Civil matters...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/life-under-sharia-in-canada/article743980/

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 09:04:54 PM »
Aloha Snackbar mother *expletive deleted*er [ar15]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »
Aloha Snackbar mother *expletive deleted*er [ar15]

At least its the usual moose-limb accuracy.  Ishn allah means you generally don't hit *expletive deleted*it.

No, I don't care how it's actually spelled.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 09:53:33 PM »
Would someone please remind me exactly why it is that we're supposed to welcome "refugees" from Muslin shithole countries to the United States? I keep forgetting.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 11:11:47 PM »
"Diversity."

Or "Humanitarianism."
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 08:19:15 AM »
Because the Democrats need a newer bigger better voter base since blacks are leaving the plantation ...
 [popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 10:24:26 AM »
Would someone please remind me exactly why it is that we're supposed to welcome "refugees" from Muslin shithole countries to the United States? I keep forgetting.

Sounds like something an Islamophobe would say!   :mad:

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »
Because the Democrats need a newer bigger better voter base since blacks are leaving the plantation ...
 [popcorn]

I thought that is what the Central American freedom seekers and asylum seekers were for.  ???

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 11:09:36 AM »
Sounds like something an Islamophobe would say!   :mad:

A phobia is an irrational fear. When Islamist terrorists are killing Christians all over the world, fear of Islamist terrorism is not a phobia, it's a logical caution.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 11:10:09 AM »
I just enjoy the fact that the anti gun reatoric silenced along with the hystaria over MASS SHOOTER as soon as the guy turned out to be Muslim.

Doesn't fit the narrative then it doesn't get coverage.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 11:16:19 AM »
I read the BBC story on this numerous times and the day after it happens the attacker was described as a white man. As the attack occurred in a non plaid and maple syrup part of town I considered it might be an antibiotic immigrant backlash attack, which as things get worse will happen. Now, crickets...

German bus stabber described as a " German citizen." See, you forgot about the bus stabber already! Early reports said  Iranian extraction and the all knowing " no indication of radicalization." None it wasn't either, nothing to see here, move along and we don't release the suspect's name due to privacy laws.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 09:28:28 AM »
A phobia is an irrational fear. When Islamist terrorists are killing Christians all over the world, fear of Islamist terrorism is not a phobia, it's a logical caution.
Your sarcasm detector needs tuning, I think!