Author Topic: Tesla  (Read 642 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Tesla
« on: July 23, 2018, 02:37:30 AM »
Looks like Tesla is trying to pull a Walmart, and blackmail their suppliers into cutting prices.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-asks-suppliers-for-cash-back-to-help-turn-a-profit-1532301091

The take-home quote from the article:

Dennis Virag, a manufacturing consultant who has worked in the automotive industry for 40 years, said a solicitation like Tesla’s could put suppliers in financial peril and jeopardize its future supply of car parts.

“It’s simply ludicrous and it just shows that Tesla is desperate right now,” he said. “They’re worried about their profitability but they don’t care about their suppliers’ profitability.”

I hope they fail monumentally. I didn't volunteer to subsidize Tesla and make Elon Musk a billionaire.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
Re: Tesla
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 07:27:02 AM »
Electric cars are the mastodons of virtue signaling. :old:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 10:05:27 AM »
I didn't volunteer to subsidize Tesla and make Elon Musk a billionaire.
Me neither.

I read that a lot of people are canceling their pre-orders for Tesla's Model 3, since 1) they're initially only going to be shipped with >$10k of options, quite a bit for a car advertised as selling in the low $30k range; and 2) fed.gov subsidies to buyers of electric cars are going to run out soon, driving up the buyer's cost considerably.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 10:08:10 AM »
I hope they fail monumentally. I didn't volunteer to subsidize Tesla and make Elon Musk a billionaire.

What did you volunteer to subsidize?  Other companies?  Other industries?  Farming? 

I got bad news for you, Hawkmoon, many industries and companies are subsidized.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 11:18:05 AM »
The SJW mob is after Musk now, so expect more bad news about him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 11:19:00 AM »
Wish I'd bought January 2020 $50 puts when they were under $1/share.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 02:55:22 PM »
What did you volunteer to subsidize?  Other companies?  Other industries?  Farming? 

I got bad news for you, Hawkmoon, many industries and companies are subsidized.

Thank you SOOOOO much for reminding me of that.  [barf]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 07:41:10 PM »
Hey now, I can't have them go under. I need them to buy cobalt!
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 08:05:05 PM »
I'm still waiting for Musk to go extreme spelunking with his little u-boat in Thailand.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 09:06:07 PM »
I'm going to predict a total Musk meltdown with 6-8 months.
That will be the end of Tesla Motors.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 09:23:33 PM »
Really? This is the same guy that took a company from $20 a share to $380 a share while losing close to five billion dollars.

I don't think he's out of tricks quite yet.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.