Author Topic: It is not sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads, but close  (Read 693 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
The birds ate the rabbits and deer?!?! Holy carp!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
^ Very good. >:D

MechAg94

• friend
I would have been more impressed if they mounted that on top of or in a scarecrow.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
I would have been more impressed if they mounted that on top of or in a scarecrow.
I would have been impressed if the lasers tracked the birds and hit them with some tens of watts of laser energy . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
I have to wonder, if this is merely "deterrence", will the bird get used to the lasers and start ignoring them?

Is it only the novelty that is working for now?

Also, I don't care as much about birds, get me an automated mosquito zapping system. And something for groundhogs.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
And something for groundhogs.

A wiener dog with a frickin' laser bean attached to its head.
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
A wiener dog with a frickin' laser bean attached to its head.

I bet they would be dedicated to the task.  Weren't they originally bred to go after animals in burrows?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
I bet they would be dedicated to the task.  Weren't they originally bred to go after animals in burrows?

Yup :)
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I already drive my dog nuts with a laser pointer-thingy. Stop putting this idea in my head, to attach it to her noggin. That would just be cruel.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
I already drive my dog nuts with a laser pointer-thingy. Stop putting this idea in my head, to attach it to her noggin. That would just be cruel.

My cat used to chase the green dot around quite energetically .... but learned pretty quickly she couldn't catch it,  so she ignores it now.
I always knew cats were smarter than dogs. =D ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
My cat used to chase the green dot around quite energetically .... but learned pretty quickly she couldn't catch it,  so she ignores it now.
I always knew cats were smarter than dogs. =D ;)
Smarter or just lazy?

My brother's cat still enjoys it.  Bugs him over it when he gets home so I think it knows the origin. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Smarter or just lazy?

My brother's cat still enjoys it.  Bugs him over it when he gets home so I think it knows the origin. 

Definantly smarter.  Cats are not lazy.  They just sleep a lot.  =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero