Author Topic: Join the Space Force!  (Read 2333 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Join the Space Force!
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 10:52:34 PM »
Japan is already building a flying space battleship . . . because it did so well as a floating battleship.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2018, 10:41:18 AM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2018, 03:07:30 PM »
The streamlining is well-designed to slip through all that dark matter out there.

Oh well.  If I could put up with sparks falling down and smoke going up in the old Buck Rogers movie rocket ships as a kid, I guess I can go along with that.

Terry

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:19:08 AM by 230RN »

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2018, 03:37:36 PM »
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2018, 04:15:54 PM »
At publishing time, Trump had proposed a “Sky Force,” a “Ground Force,” a “Coast Force,” and a “Sea Force But Kinda Also Ground Force” to complement the activities of the Sea and Space Forces.

I like that.  We could call it the Waterborne Corps.

Terry

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:19:52 AM by 230RN »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2018, 06:20:00 PM »
. . . Oh well.  If I could put up with sparks falling down and smoke going up in the old Buck Rogers movie rocket ships as a kid, I guess I can go along with that.
Not to mention seeing the wires that held up Prof. Zarkov's rocket ship . . . which wires of course reappeared in the TV series Space:1999.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 12:26:14 PM »
I can't help but think this is another of Trump's distractions. Get supporters & especially detractors fully engrossed in some nonsensical thing he's said. Meanwhile he's getting the job of government done.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 01:03:41 PM »
I can't help but think this is another of Trump's distractions. Get supporters & especially detractors fully engrossed in some nonsensical thing he's said. Meanwhile he's getting the job of government done.

An interesting insight.  He's starting to look like a master of strategy and tactics... kind of a Patton of the Presidency.

This is something I've railed about for years -- that the Left has full-time paid strategists working on destroying this country's principles, while "we" just want to sit on the back porch shooting at tin cans on the fenceposts.

Years ago I even wrote to the NRA asking how come it was that we had all kinds of high-level military personnel in our ranks and Board of Directors yet never developed a strong set of proactive strategies to counter all the left wing maneuvering.  Huh?  How come?

Cue sound of crickets in the night.

So now the NRA is in a "direct FTF" conflict with the forces of the Left and is kind of in retreat... or at least taking cover.

Some dot-orgs, like the SAF, have taken a more aggressive stance, and I thank Gottlieb for his efforts, but I don't see the NRA as being pro-active in meeting the threats that the Left has actively planned out and generated for decades.

Whereas perhaps President Trump has.

Cue sound of crickets in the night.

Terry, 230RN

REFs (Gottlieb et alia, SAF):
https://www.saf.org/key-people/
"FTF" = "Face-To-Face"

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:52:18 PM by 230RN »

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2018, 01:57:41 PM »

I wonder how many people today know what that is? [popcorn]

I would find about 1 in 50 that I shot outside.  Shooting them inside was 50:50.  They were worse than socks in a dryer.  I'll bet this is what Imperial Stormtroopers are given weapons training with.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2018, 06:02:31 PM »
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using one as a target nor as ammo. I don't think they are what you think they are.

Suprizingly available if anyone's interested.
https://www.amazon.com/Record-Single-Adapter-Insert-Center/dp/B01N8VT24K

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

230RN

• friend
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2018, 07:37:43 PM »

Looks like the logo on the tail of the NCAR C-130 research plane.

I think its name is actually Snowflake.  

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2018, 10:00:29 PM »
They can't do much without Congressional action so all talk at this point...which fits.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2018, 05:24:21 AM »
This is  only partly a war of laws.  Most of it is a war of Public Relations.