Armed Polite Society
August 15, 2018, 10:15:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing good happens after 3 AM.  (Read 316 times)
Warren
friend

Titanium Rod was my nickname in college.

« on: August 12, 2018, 08:02:07 PM »

Two dead because idiocy.

I don't want to spoil it, just read the story and try not to hurt yourself from the extreme eyerolling.
Report to moderator   Logged

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.
Hawkmoon
friend

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 08:24:58 PM »

Warning appreciated.
HeroHog
Gimpy Old Pharte
friends

It can ALWAYS get worse!

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 08:36:12 PM »

Am I going to hell for LMAO?

Yeah, whatever...
fistful
I'll be your gunsplainer this evening.
friend

Don't mention the abortion!

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 09:19:21 PM »

It's a good thing neither one of them had a gun, or someone might have been hurt!

Snowflakes: fragile since 1520
"The ears of our generation have been made so delicate by the senseless multitude of flatterers that, as soon as we perceive that anything of ours is not approved of, we cry out that we are being bitterly assailed; and when we can repel the truth by no other pretense, we escape by attributing bitterness, impatience, intemperance, to our adversaries."
--Martin Luther, On Christian Liberty
TommyGunn
friend

Stuck in full auto since birth.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 05:53:35 AM »

Darwin gets a twofer! Evil 

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero
jamisjockey
Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
Administrator

Your mom sends me care packages

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 06:01:38 AM »

Not enough details to judge them both.  Did one force the other off the road to fight after the accident?  Was someone defending themself?

JD

"Why'd you open your bonghole, you smelly hippie? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey? You must have smoked some bad granola."
HankB
friend

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 06:49:37 AM »

Not enough details to judge them both.  Did one force the other off the road to fight after the accident?  Was someone defending themself?
This.

Can't tell from the story whether it was self defense on the part of one driver or mutual combat between two road rage idiots.

Trump won. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Those who work for a living are being BURIED by those who vote for a living.
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain
Hawkmoon
friend

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 06:53:38 AM »

This.

Can't tell from the story whether it was self defense on the part of one driver or mutual combat between two road rage idiots.

Correct. This could be a case of two dead idiots, or one dead idiot and one dead, unfortunate victim.
makattak
Dark Lord of the Cis
friend

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 07:58:02 AM »

This.

And, since both are dead, it's unlikely to ever know the answer to that question unless there happens to be some kind of recording of the event.

"We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
lupinus
Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
friends

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 08:01:31 AM »

I've have plenty of good things happen after 3am...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.
jamisjockey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 08:04:35 AM »

I've have plenty of good things happen after 3am...

Like earning a paycheck lol

JD

"Why'd you open your bonghole, you smelly hippie? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey? You must have smoked some bad granola."
lupinus
Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
friends

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 08:12:36 AM »

Well, I mean, I've never charged....

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.
French G.
friend

ohhh sparkles!

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 08:37:25 AM »

That was standard text in the weekend or overseas liberty brief, nothing good happens after insert stupid early time you want us all back. And we're all thinking, buddy I dunno what port you've been in, but that is when all the good stuff goes down.

AKA Navy Joe   

If you see ten threads coming down the road you can be sure nine will run into the ditch before you get a chance to post. I call that ditch APS. -Cal Coolidge
KD5NRH
friends

I'm too sexy for you people.

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 09:09:49 AM »

Let's see, at 3AM I drag my ass out of bed to be at work at 4.
jamisjockey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 09:42:46 AM »

Let's see, at 3AM I drag my ass out of bed to be at work at 4.

I try to avoid graveyard shifts but about a month ago, at 3am I was earning time and a half plus 10% night pay.  That's a whole lotta good after 3am.

JD

RoadKingLarry
friend

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 11:57:23 AM »

I miss my night shift. I sometimes went whole weeks without having to talk to anyone.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams
BobR
friend

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 12:39:18 PM »

I try to avoid graveyard shifts but about a month ago, at 3am I was earning time and a half plus 10% night pay.  That's a whole lotta good after 3am.

Works even better if it is an OT shift on a Sunday going into Monday holiday. I lived for those nights. I would get night, weekend differential and then Holiday and OT pay. I would volunteer for those shifts. Smiley

bob
jamisjockey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 01:00:38 PM »

Works even better if it is an OT shift on a Sunday going into Monday holiday. I lived for those nights. I would get night, weekend differential and then Holiday and OT pay. I would volunteer for those shifts. Smiley

bob

We got holiday-in-lieu in our contract, so I get that even if it's my regular day off.  We get sunday diff though, it's 25%.  My OT yesterday was x1.75 pay plus I trained someone for an hour at another x.1 for that hour.

JD

motojim515

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 01:22:58 PM »

Am I going to hell for LMAO?
What makes you think that is the what sends you over the edge to hell? You have had a reserved seat for that trip right next to mine for a LONG time now.
Cliffh
friend

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 09:37:48 PM »

What makes you think that is the what sends you over the edge to hell? You have had a reserved seat for that trip right next to mine for a LONG time now.

Ask any lefty snowflake, everyone here's going to Hell.
Amy Schumer
I'm a leaf on the wind.
Administrator

I spent a week in that town one night....

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 09:41:48 PM »

As one of my First Sergeants used to say "The only good thing that ever happened after midnight was the birth of Christ."

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on for the motherland.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: