Author Topic: Media becoming more militant  (Read 1141 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Media becoming more militant
« on: August 18, 2018, 01:36:45 PM »
If this *expletive deleted*it is true, media intimidation of jurors, may be time to change boxes.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/08/18/cnn-accused-intimidating-paul-manafort-jury/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

griz

• friend
Re: Media becoming more militant
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 05:30:33 PM »
Jury tampering is an crime.  IF they do it, AND they are caught, people should be charged.  I don't think you can throw a news outlet in jail, but if they publish info that endangers jurors the publisher should be charged.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 05:45:05 PM »
What really stinks about this is that the media outlets suing all knew there had already been death threats against the judge, but "they persisted" anyway.

I think the only reason they did it is because it was looking like the jury had asked the kind of questions that would indicate some of them believe there is reasonable doubt for a conviction. I'd bet good money that if there were the implication of "hang the bastard", none of these MSM progs would be pushing for name release.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 06:03:51 PM »
Wow.  I hadn't heard they were pushing it quite that far. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 07:21:25 PM »
The damage will be done when the jurors go home for the weekend and hear / read that CNN wants their names and why.  They know seeking their names is a thinly veiled threat to themselves, their families, and their way of life.

Does anyone believe that the jurors names won't get out after the trial ... this is just CNN / media reminding them of that while there is still time to change the outcome of the trial.
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 11:09:14 PM »
The motion is available online:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4770015/8-16-18-Media-Motion-to-Intervene-and-for-Access.pdf

CNN et al certainly have some brass ones.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 08:28:25 AM »
Not really, Angel Eyes. They only seem to because they've been insulated from consequences

Wasn't there a paper that published a list of CW holders and their addresses, and ended up with their entire editorial board's info posted publicly on the web?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 08:30:00 AM »
And the newsies cried like little bitches because what they did to the CCW permit holders was righteous and just but the same treatment to them was evil
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Media becoming more militant
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 09:06:49 AM »
Not really, Angel Eyes. They only seem to because they've been insulated from consequences

Wasn't there a paper that published a list of CW holders and their addresses, and ended up with their entire editorial board's info posted publicly on the web?

Maybe this need to be repeated with encouragement to harass.
 Edited to add: including the lawyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk