Author Topic: Kavanaugh Hearings  (Read 12685 times)

Triphammer

• friend
Re: Kavanaugh Hearings
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2018, 10:56:45 PM »
I looked earlier, when this started, and she seems to be holding some rectangular package. Thumb & forefinger around the corner & three fingers on the (her) left edge.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2018, 08:54:05 AM »
Over 70 protestors (from inside the chambers) were arrested yesterday. That's gotta be a record.

I read yesterday that the dems were conflicted between disruption and walking out. The Kamala contingent all wanted to walk out, but the Schumer contingent overruled them and went for disruption, which would "look better" (or not as bad) than a walkout. I actually agree with him regarding the optics. I also kinda wish they would have done a petulant walkout. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2018, 09:12:35 AM »

I read yesterday that the dems were conflicted between disruption and walking out. The Kamala contingent all wanted to walk out, but the Schumer contingent overruled them and went for disruption, which would "look better" (or not as bad) than a walkout. I actually agree with him regarding the optics. I also kinda wish they would have done a petulant walkout. :)

I disagree. Walking out would look (to me, anyway) like a statement of principle. Staying, and disrupting the proceeding, makes them look like what they are -- petulant children.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2018, 09:21:17 AM »
Grassley should have restored order and then given them warning. Do it again and we close discussion and go immediately to a vote.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2018, 09:33:52 AM »
I would also have preferred a walk-out. As long as it was permanent.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2018, 09:43:09 AM »
Which he should do anyway.   Just about all the D's said they would vote against whoever Trump nominated.  There are a handful that may or may not vote for him as long as there are enough R votes to confirm him so that they are not the "deciding" votes, but to try to save their jobs in states that Trump won.  (Manchin, Donnelly, Heitkamp, Nelson, McCaskill, Tester, Baldwin, and Casey)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 09:56:56 AM »
The deep state government/media complex makes all news into insanity and doom TV.

Whenever I watch the news I walk away feeling dumber for the experience and shaken from being exposed to the clown world people think is realty.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 09:59:29 AM »
Which he should do anyway.   Just about all the D's said they would vote against whoever Trump nominated.  There are a handful that may or may not vote for him as long as there are enough R votes to confirm him so that they are not the "deciding" votes, but to try to save their jobs in states that Trump won.  (Manchin, Donnelly, Heitkamp, Nelson, McCaskill, Tester, Baldwin, and Casey)

Funny how the majority of the disruptors have made it very, very clear for months that they would vote "no" no matter what, but were also the biggest demanders for more documentation so that they could make an informed choice.  ;/

Sadly, the attention span of the modern American isn't long enough to put the two things together.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 10:12:00 AM »
The Nazis are EVERYWHERE!   :mad:

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2018, 10:17:10 AM »
Ted Cruz's comments were great. Basically called the Dem's on the whole document request issue, saying they aren't going to vote for him anyway, they've already said they won't vote for him.
 I think some Democratic senators may vote for Kavanaugh, but not many.  The document thing I think is justified to a point, but they are doing this to delay the confirmation hearings and as a result are disingenuous.  They most likely won't vote to confirm him anyway.

I see that a former Senator has been appointed to fill John McCain's post for the time being.  Don't know if they will be allowed to vote on the Kavanaugh confirmation.

Feinstein has questioning Kavanaugh on guns or in particular "assault weapons".  The phrase "common use" is in question.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2018, 10:21:30 AM »
close discussion and go immediately to a vote.
Is that actually an option? Why not do that from the beginning?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2018, 10:31:54 AM »
Feinstein is asking some very interesting questions.  I think it reflects well on her.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Pb

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2018, 10:53:15 AM »
Feinstein is asking some very interesting questions.  I think it reflects well on her.

Well, what did Kavanaugh say?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2018, 10:55:26 AM »
Quote from: slingshot

What were the questions?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2018, 11:10:48 AM »
Actually if you are resting your hand on your leg while sitting, you will notice that generally your hand defaults to that position just because it defaults to that position.  The *expletive deleted*ing Stupid is running wild with the barking moonbats.

Not only that, but if you're rather angry about how someone you respect is being treated and are flexing your hand trying hold back an angry outburst because that is undignified in these proceedings (which the left obviously ignored), your hand might look like that.

Or, the half-Jewish/half-Mexican woman is a white supremacist. (Using the 4-Chan trolling "OK" sign. It's hilarious that it's working.) That's definitely Occam's Razor.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:37:17 AM by makattak »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Pb

• friend
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2018, 11:35:05 AM »

What were the questions?

What did Kavanaugh say about guns?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »
^^^^

I am curious also, I had to leave for a dental apt/work just as Feinstein was getting started, all I heard was her question about how he determined common use.

bob

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2018, 12:36:24 PM »
He said that there were millions an millions of semi-automatic rifles in the US today, and that they would meet the common use test, and weren't unusually dangerous.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2018, 12:37:41 PM »
Not only that, but if you're rather angry about how someone you respect is being treated and are flexing your hand trying hold back an angry outburst because that is undignified in these proceedings (which the left obviously ignored), your hand might look like that.

Or, the half-Jewish/half-Mexican woman is a white supremacist. (Using the 4-Chan trolling "OK" sign. It's hilarious that it's working.) That's definitely Occam's Razor.

Or she could be into yoga.  From what I've seen that is a type of relaxation/meditation "pose"  (ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....)  But we'd have to look over all of Hillary's missing emails to find the ones about yoga to get a definitive answer....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2018, 12:58:36 PM »
Dick Durbin, is the Dick part a name or salutation, possibly both. I see he is continuing the track that the Judge himself should be the one to call a halt to the hearings until they get their "documents", which makes no difference in the way they will vote anyhow. Anyone with a scintilla of common sense or intelligence should be seeing right through this political theater being put on by the Democrats.

bob

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2018, 01:10:27 PM »
The "documents" in question are from when he was staff secretary in the Bush II White House.  I would bet they consist of things like :

"No, you can't have Friday off, you've used up all your sick and vacation time."

"If you are going to Subway, I'll take the Turkey Italianao and a Dr. Pepper.  If your going to Jimmy John's, get me the Trukey with some BBQ Jimmy Chips, a Dr. Pepper, and a pickle."

"Anyone have a toner cartridge for the printer ??"

"Here's a neat yoga pose...Anyone have Hillary's e-mail address, she'd love this pose." 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2018, 01:28:13 PM »
The *%&^*$ "OK" sign is a *%^$*$& "OK" sign and that's final.

At some point you have to draw the line with these jackass SJWs who say "everyone" should know that it's racist. Maybe everyone on Twitter over the last few months, but the other 325,000,000 or so of us in the US, of all races, say that "OK" means "OK" as it has for the last 150 damn years . End of the *expletive deleted*ing discussion.

Oh - also, if you don't like "OK", then you may be either anti-democrat or anti-black:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/explore/what-is-the-origin-of-the-word-ok/

You need learn about 4chan trolling. Scroll down to Operation O-KKK:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ok-symbol-%F0%9F%91%8C

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2018, 01:40:30 PM »
Meanwhile, at the Kavanaugh hearings...

Maybe he's a 4chan troll too, helping make the progs look retarded.  =D

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2018, 01:57:01 PM »
I got the impression that Kavanaugh pretty much goes with prior judicial rulings on "women's rights" and gun rights.  Feinstein and many Democrats obviously were very interested in what he had to say.  But in general, what I see is Democrats looking for a reason they can voice to vote 'No' where as the Republicans are looking for confirmation that Kavanaugh is a constitutionalist in terms of the law.

Immigration is obviously another big progressive issue.  They hope to change the law through judicial means rather than passing a law that makes it through both the House and Senate.  Kavanaugh deals in existing law.  If Congress wants to change the law, then they should do so through normal channels.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2018, 03:26:14 PM »