Author Topic: Kavanaugh Hearings  (Read 12690 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Kavanaugh Hearings
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2018, 03:33:06 PM »
Feinstein is asking some very interesting questions.  I think it reflects well on her.
Did she ask what the Constitution says about Chinese chauffeur spies?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2018, 04:17:16 PM »
Mark Steyn was subbing for Rush today.  He mentioned that there have been a few hard left Democrats winning primaries lately against senior Democrats.  All the big name liberal Dems in Congress are feeling pressure to appease their leftist base so they are putting on a bigger show than usual to oppose Trump or anything else to the right of them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2018, 05:04:13 PM »
Feinstein: Assault weapons are not in common use
Kavanaugh: There are millions & millions & millions of semiautomatic rifles that are possessed
F: Numbers determine common use? Common use is an activity. It's not common storage or possession
K: They're widely used & possessed
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »
Kavanaugh: There are millions & millions & millions of semiautomatic rifles that are possessed
F: Numbers determine common use? Common use is an activity. It's not common storage or possession

*giggle*

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2018, 06:34:10 PM »
There are reports of protestors being handed cash while waiting in line and given instructions to disrupt the hearings.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2018, 08:33:45 PM »

Guess we can expect a "No vote" from Diane Feinstein. :D
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2018, 10:14:23 PM »
Yeah, Di-Fi. All of those ARs and AKs and semi-auto Fudd guns are just sitting in our safes. We only take them out when we want to go bowl-cut in a gun-free zone. It would be gut- busting, if there weren't so many voters nodding along.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2018, 10:33:18 PM »
So,  I take it,  according to Feinstein,  owning a gun itself is insufficient to demonstrate a second amendment right to own it ..... we have to actually shoot it a lot as well?   Every day?  How many rounds a day? 

Can we change this site's name to the "ARMED RUDE SOCIETY" so I can express what I really think of this woman? :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2018, 12:14:00 AM »
The Nazis are EVERYWHERE!   :mad:

You missed this well-known white supremacist:

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2018, 01:13:47 AM »
My favorite and probably the originator of the sign:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2018, 09:12:37 AM »
There are reports of protestors being handed cash while waiting in line and given instructions to disrupt the hearings.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2018, 09:28:10 AM »
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmVB7cdXsAElB94.jpg

I would really like to see that image, and everything it entails, investigated further and put on the front page, so to speak. Sadly, it will likely fade into the background.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2018, 11:51:00 AM »
Cory Booker is in full "running for President" mode. He's supposed to be removed from the Senate for doing this.  I doubt he will be. He might actually hope he is, as he might think this will make him the presidential front-runner. However I don't even think most dem sources see him in the top five.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/09/06/hes-not-spartacus-hes-a-jackass-cory-booker-tweets-4-confidential-kavanaugh-docs-see-pdfs/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2018, 11:55:07 AM »
Also this: Kavanaugh protestors take over Grassley's office. They demand to speak with him or they won't leave. He agrees to speak with them. They decline to speak to him. I wonder how much Soros is paying this group?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/06/kavanaugh-protesters-flood-grassleys-office-ahead-hearing-ve-got-some-things-to-talk-about.html

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2018, 01:32:01 PM »
Cory Booker is in full "running for President" mode. He's supposed to be removed from the Senate for doing this.  I doubt he will be. He might actually hope he is, as he might think this will make him the presidential front-runner. However I don't even think most dem sources see him in the top five.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/09/06/hes-not-spartacus-hes-a-jackass-cory-booker-tweets-4-confidential-kavanaugh-docs-see-pdfs/
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/09/06/so-hes-not-spartacus-looks-like-cory-bookers-grandstanding-was-an-even-bigger-joke-than-you-thought/

Follow up.

The "Confidential" documents were cleared to be released last night...

So it was COMPLETELY a grandstanding sideshow.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2018, 01:48:05 PM »
Much like previously leaked memos, they never should have been "confidential" to begin with. There was nothing in there that needed hiding.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »
Much like previously leaked memos, they never should have been "confidential" to begin with. There was nothing in there that needed hiding.

Which means there was also nothing in there that needed leaking.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2018, 07:30:25 PM »
Booker is so stupid it's painful to watch.  The e-mails were supposed to show that the judge is a racissss.  Trouble is, the e-mails stated the exact opposite.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2018, 02:09:49 AM »
Booker is so stupid it's painful to watch.  The e-mails were supposed to show that the judge is a racissss.  Trouble is, the e-mails stated the exact opposite.

I fear it's still a net positive for Booker. He gets to be on TV, grandstanding against racist Republicans, and none of his base will ever look at the details.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2018, 08:26:42 AM »
I fear it's still a net positive for Booker. He gets to be on TV, grandstanding against racist Republicans, and none of his base will ever look at the details.

This.

Most people will only ever hear that Booker bravely risked his Senate seat to expose emails about Racial Profiling involving Kavanaugh. They won’t hear or know that Kavanaugh was against it or that Booker already knew the emails would be released. I’m news articles yesterday this was evident, they didn’t mention either of those facts or buried them deep in the articles. I doubt they would go in-depth enough on the various nightly news programs to explain it either.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2018, 09:19:10 AM »
This.

Most people will only ever hear that Booker bravely risked his Senate seat to expose emails about Racial Profiling involving Kavanaugh. They won’t hear or know that Kavanaugh was against it or that Booker already knew the emails would be released. I’m news articles yesterday this was evident, they didn’t mention either of those facts or buried them deep in the articles. I doubt they would go in-depth enough on the various nightly news programs to explain it either.
It depends on where people get their news which is less and less from news articles.  For me, news articles are not the first level of news.  I usually see something here, on Twitter, or on one of the radio shows I listen to.  The article is something I look at afterward which means I heard about the information being approved for release without ever reading an article. 

However, it will probably work well with the voters who will vote in the Dem primary in a few years. 

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2018, 09:43:04 AM »
It would be funny if she did it on purpose.

Sometimes I think the Trump folks are all in on the trolling of the left.

Something like 30% of the country isn’t white. What do the WN’s realistically propose to do with all the non whites?

There is a middle ground between WN and open borders multiculturalism.

Edited to add, it does look like the yogi hand pose. That should really add confusion to the mix.

She was definitely trolling yesterday
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2018, 09:44:15 AM »

Oh hell yeah she was.  :rofl:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2018, 09:58:07 AM »

Dying here. That's absolutely hilarious.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2018, 10:18:53 AM »
Booker certainly has hopes for a Presidential run just like Cuomo.  Hmmm ... NY and NJ, that's pretty representative of the country as a whole. ;)  Don't underestimate Booker.  He's black; he's hard line Democrat and liberal; and he looks "pretty".  Sounds like Obama.....
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)