Author Topic: Kavanaugh Hearings  (Read 12684 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Kavanaugh Hearings
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2018, 11:18:41 AM »
Booker certainly has hopes for a Presidential run just like Cuomo.  Hmmm ... NY and NJ, that's pretty representative of the country as a whole. ;)  Don't underestimate Booker.  He's black; he's hard line Democrat and liberal; and he looks "pretty".  Sounds like Obama.....

I'm wondering if like Harris, the more he opens his mouth, the less desirable he may be for the non-far left dems. I guess it will depend on how far identity politics plays with mainstream D voters. I would think most of them would go with say, Biden over these two knuckleheads.

Booker and Harris are certainly turning this hearing into nothing more than a free campaign ad for themselves. They are absolutely not serious about any of the questions they are asking and really trying hard to outdo each other on the talking points popular with the far, far left.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2018, 12:03:30 PM »
And what has the impotent Democratic rage machine spewed forth today?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2018, 12:17:29 PM »
Booker is just exhibiting his usual asshattery in "conversation" with the panel members today. Had one of the panel members state that Kavanaugh has been "auditioning" for the Supreme Court for years. The panel member already voiced her displeasure at his nomination so it wasn't a stretch.

bob

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2018, 12:54:59 PM »
Harris failed miserably with her attempt at a "Gotcha" with her question about Kavanaugh talking to Trump's law firm about the Mueller investigation.   What  an assclown she is.   All the leftists were hoping that she  had some smoking gun on him telling tales out of school, and.....she's got nothing.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2018, 01:07:53 PM »
Watch the video that The Free Beacon put together of Cory "Almost Spartacus" Booker.

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/status/1038051581072171010
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2018, 02:49:28 PM »
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2018, 02:56:11 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2018, 02:59:49 PM »
Aaaaaaand I'm dying.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGO2fz1KlSc

Those guys are the one gem (well, I guess there's the Volokh Conspiracy bloggers that recently joined...) Ok, AMONG the gems in all of Reason.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2018, 03:28:43 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2018, 03:42:25 PM »
Looks like the "Never Kavanaugh" team went deep and pulled John Dean, yes that John Dean onto a panel.

I believe Whitehouse is an idiot, he just said the sitting president is the subject of an ongoing criminal investigation... did I miss something...when was Trump put under a criminal investigation?

bob

eta: Senator Kennedy really does not like John Dean.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:19:58 PM by BobR »

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2018, 07:28:52 PM »
Aaaaaaand I'm dying.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGO2fz1KlSc

That was actually more dignified than the real thing. :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

grampster

• friend
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2018, 07:57:29 PM »
That was actually more dignified than the real thing. :O

No *expletive deleted*it.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2018, 10:11:25 AM »
Kavanaugh to kill and/or enslave half the US population:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/09/08/hoo-boy-jimmy-kimmel-writer-imagines-the-world-under-scotus-justice-kavanaugh-hint-its-bad/

I continue to be perplexed that the majority of democrats, who I think are rational people that I simply disagree with, do not tell people like this to STFU. I mean, it's great for "Trump 2020", but geez, as one of the commentors said, "This was written by an adult in the real world."

This is not someone who lives in her parents' basement - this is a producer of a show that a large population watches, and that influences the sheep.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2018, 10:52:40 AM »
Kavanaugh to kill and/or enslave half the US population:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/09/08/hoo-boy-jimmy-kimmel-writer-imagines-the-world-under-scotus-justice-kavanaugh-hint-its-bad/

I continue to be perplexed that the majority of democrats, who I think are rational people that I simply disagree with, do not tell people like this to STFU. I mean, it's great for "Trump 2020", but geez, as one of the commentors said, "This was written by an adult in the real world."

This is not someone who lives in her parents' basement - this is a producer of a show that a large population watches, and that influences the sheep.

Best comment: 

"Is he up for the Supreme Court or the Infinity Gauntlet?"
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2018, 04:31:29 PM »
Aaand we have the explanation for the "white power OK!" sign:

The Washington Post reported, however, that Bash was actually texting a staffer requesting a glass of water for Kavanaugh, and when it arrived, she gave an OK sign as thanks.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/09/08/props-writer-admits-i-am-an-idiot-apologizes-to-zina-bash-and-husband-over-white-power-sign/

Of course now the Washington post is probably on the antifa hit list.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2018, 06:36:14 PM »
You know, Grassley could have been a rock star...
All he had to do was show up for day 2 in a vintage Ringling brothers ringmaster's costume.
If those tards want a circus, atleast act like you're in control. Instead he bumbled and mumbled through it as dry as an Iowa corn husk.
Color me disappointed.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2018, 10:52:33 PM »
Aaand we have the explanation for the "white power OK!" sign:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/09/08/props-writer-admits-i-am-an-idiot-apologizes-to-zina-bash-and-husband-over-white-power-sign/

Of course now the Washington post is probably on the antifa hit list.

Oh, so she showed an OK sign for a perfectly innocent reason. Unlike all those evil, dirty reasons people have when they do that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2018, 08:41:32 AM »
Oh, so she showed an OK sign for a perfectly innocent reason. Unlike all those evil, dirty reasons people have when they do that.

SHE'S NOT INNOCENT SHE'S A NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2018, 11:26:41 AM »
FWIW, turncoat politico David Brock doesn't want to see Kavanaugh confirmed. That's perhaps the best reason I've yet seen to support his confirmation. If Brock doesn't want him, he's probably on the right side of most issues.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/i-knew-brett-kavanaugh-during-his-years-republican-operative-don-ncna907391
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2018, 01:18:44 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/i-knew-brett-kavanaugh-during-his-years-republican-operative-don-ncna907391

That reads like something from the 60s or 70s when the communists were infiltrating every layer of information & government. I'm gratified to know that pendulum have swung as early as the 1980's back toward conservative and that a long term plan was in place.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »

That reads like something from the 60s or 70s when the communists were infiltrating every layer of information & government. I'm gratified to know that pendulum have swung as early as the 1980's back toward conservative and that a long term plan was in place.

I had no idea Trump's collusion with Russia went so far back.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2018, 10:55:37 PM »
Democrats file 1,278 written questions for Kavanaugh to answer.  Which is more the ALL questions ever asked of ALL Nominees ever, combined. 

I hope he took the time to write "*expletive deleted*ck You, Sincerely Brett" on each one.  I would gladly pay his photocopying bill (roughly $90 at $.07 each)  if chose to write that out once and just staple that answer to every single one. 

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2018, 10:59:27 PM »
Nothing negative happens to him if he declines to answer. It's going to a floor vote and these idiots are not going to vote for him regardless.

The only thing to watch out for is weak-spined republicans who are afraid of the left.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2018, 07:40:03 AM »
Kavanaugh has made it this far, so I assume he will be confirmed.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?