Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 93499 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2018, 03:52:30 PM »
Does the professor victim lady say if she partied with the Duke lacrosse team yet?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2018, 04:17:16 PM »
I was willing, at first, to take the charge seriously and listen to her testimony.  Now, my bullshit meter is in the red...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2018, 05:27:56 PM »
Okay, she says that she wants the FBI to investigate before she testifies, so Trump throws down the gauntlet.  Pretty much daring her to testify on Monday.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-brett-kavanaugh-treated-tough/story?id=57932186  

ANd it looks like the R Senators agree with calling bullshit on her:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-senators-ford-show-monday-vote-kavanaugh/story?id=57942103
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2018, 06:21:14 PM »
CNN is stretching ... And it still comes down to she says, they say no way:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/18/politics/pj-smyth-brett-kavanaugh/index.html

Patrick J. Smyth attended Georgetown Prep -- an all-boys school in North Bethesda, Maryland -- alongside Kavanaugh. Both men graduated in 1983. Smyth signed a letter this summer, before the allegations against Kavanaugh were made public, testifying that Kavanaugh "is singularly qualified to be an Associate Justice on the U.S. Supreme Court," along with dozen other of the school's alumni.

Eric Bruce, who is representing Smyth, authored a letter to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa and Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, the top Democrat on the committee. CNN has obtained a copy of the letter, which includes a quote from Smyth denying seeing any "improper conduct" from Kavanaugh.

"I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as 'PJ' who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post," Smyth says in his statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee. "I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh."

Another friend and classmate of Kavanaugh's, Mark Judge, has been named as the other person who was in the room when the alleged incident took place. Judge has also denied the incident happened.

On Tuesday, Ford's attorneys argued in a letter to Grassley that the FBI should investigate the incident before senators hold a hearing on the allegations, which is scheduled for Monday.

Ford's attorney Lisa Banks said Tuesday on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" following the release of Ford's letter that Ford will talk with the committee but that she's not prepared for a hearing that soon.

"She will talk with the committee," Banks said. "She is not prepared to talk with them at a hearing on Monday. This just came out 48 hours ago."

No, this did NOT just come out 48 hours ago. This came out when Dr. Ford wrote a letter to Senator Feinstein in July.

There is nothing here for the FBI to investigate. Lady, you had your chance to report the [alleged] incident and have it investigated by the appropriate authorities 36 years go. You chose not to report it. Live with it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2018, 06:45:18 PM »
How many actual, legitimate rapes have occurred in the past 36 years? Or been alleged? If the FBI investigates the current allegations, they will need to investigate them all. After that, they can start on all the murder and aggravated assault allegations.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2018, 07:33:48 PM »
And I now need a new BS detector: this whole thing just made mine blow up

Anybody have a used one they can part with?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2018, 07:34:53 PM »
And I now need a new BS detector: this whole thing just made mine blow up

Anybody have a used one they can part with?

Cody Wilson left one in Austin.  It might need a little calibration on ages.....

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2018, 09:58:13 PM »
Oh, also this:

The attorney for Kavanaugh’s accuser says that having the accuser testify under oath at a Senate Judiciary Comittee hearing would be “contrary to the Committee discovering the truth.” https://t.co/LGeYePwTBE

— Sean Davis (@seanmdav) September 19, 2018
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2018, 11:03:20 PM »
Chuck Grassley's letter to Feinstein:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-09-19%20Grassley%20to%20Feinstein%20-%20Original%20Ford%20Letter.pdf

Here's the gist of it:

United States Senate
COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY
WASHINGTON, DC 20510- 6275
September 19, 2018

The Honorable Dianne Feinstein
Ranking Member, United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator Feinstein:

Sincerely,
Chuck Grassley
Chairman

:rofl:

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:33:06 PM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2018, 01:14:56 AM »
So the accuser won't talk to the Senate, and the Judiciary Committee doesn't even have a copy of the letter. How are they still giving this the time of day?

Drop it. End it. Put Justice Kavanaugh on the Court already.

And this. This is just - it's just too much.  :facepalm:
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/09/19/get-a-hammer-you-jackass-lawrence-odonnell-is-flat-out-lying-about-kavanaugh-ford/

Oh, crud, here's another one.
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/09/19/christine-blasey-fords-celebrity-sisters-team-up-against-brett-kavanaugh-and-its-just-too-damn-much-video/

"Trauma-informed"? That is not a thing. Who made these broads experts in "trauma"?  :facepalm: :facepalm:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2018, 06:22:10 AM »
If she won't testify before the Senate her *expletive deleted*ing interview with the Washington Post should be read into the record as her "testimony."

I'm now 100% convinced that this is an engineered desperation ploy by the Democrats to hold up the nomination until after the mid-terms.

She has said that she never told anyone about what happened, and that only Kavenaugh and this other guy were in the room. Just what in the *expletive deleted*ck would the FBI do to "investigate?"
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2018, 08:57:00 AM »
If this was Obama's nomination, how would you view it?  I would view it the same and I think the majority of the American people would do so as well.  It stinks and the smell is getting worse.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2018, 09:40:22 AM »
If this was Obama's nomination, how would you view it?  I would view it the same and I think the majority of the American people would do so as well.  It stinks and the smell is getting worse.

A good article on that same track: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-assault-allegations-evaluating-credibility/
and another refuting Prager's take that the truth doesn't matter:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-allegations-dennis-prager-comments-wrong/

In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2018, 10:58:13 AM »
A bit of background on Crissy Blasey …. long but interesting and there are pictures …   [popcorn]

CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD AND THE DRUNKEN WHITE PRIVILEGED RACIST PLAYGIRLS OF HOLTON-ARMS.

And it would be an accurate headline. That’s why the yearbooks have been scrubbed. They are a testament to the incredible power these girls had over their teachers, parents and the boys of Georgetown Prep, Landon and other schools in the area. In the pages below, you will see multiple photos and references to binge drinking and the accompanying joy of not being able to remember any of it.

https://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/2018/09/why-christine-blasey-fords-high-school_19.html?m=1
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:16:15 AM by Chester32141 »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2018, 11:15:55 AM »
A bit of background on Crissy Blasey …. long but interesting and there are pictures …   [popcorn]

https://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/2018/09/why-christine-blasey-fords-high-school_19.html?m=1

Told ya ...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2018, 11:20:23 AM »
A couple of (to me) interesting points from the link:

1) They are fast losing their liberal base on this. Cokie Roberts reporting.

2) Cokie makes an interesting point: Trump's twitter fingers have been surprisingly restrained here. Either he knows, or he has five people holding him down, that this is the time to let dems shoot themselves in their collective feet. His tweets so far, from what I have seen, have actually been pretty "presidential" and unbiased. I think that is making the White House look remarkably good here.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/09/20/siren-cokie-roberts-praises-white-house-slams-dems-over-handling-of-christine-blasey-ford/

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2018, 11:46:31 AM »
Oh sweet Jeebus...

I'm pretty sure that I know one of the women pictured in that yearbook... Not 100% sure, but I know she went to Holton Arms at that time and that picture certainly looks like it could be her...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2018, 11:51:59 AM »
Oh sweet Jeebus...

I'm pretty sure that I know one of the women pictured in that yearbook... Not 100% sure, but I know she went to Holton Arms at that time and that picture certainly looks like it could be her...

When can we expect you to be accused?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2018, 12:34:15 PM »
Good article on this from, of all sources, the New York Post:
https://nypost.com/2018/09/19/the-drive-to-sink-kavanaugh-is-liberal-totalitarianism/

Major point (IMHO):

But no. Senate Dems have settled on the ugliest means available, even by the standards of the body that added the verb “Borking” to our political vocabulary. The question is: Why have Republican high-court nominations brought out the worst from the left, going back to the Ronald Reagan era?

The short answer is that liberals fear their major cultural victories of the past half-century are democratically illegitimate. Not a single one was won at the ballot box, going back to the Supreme Court’s 1965 Griswold decision, which recognized a constitutional right to contraceptives. From abortion to gay marriage, plus a host of less titillating issues, modern liberalism has lived by the Court. And liberals fear their cause will die by the Court.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2018, 12:35:47 PM »
Does the professor victim lady say if she partied with the Duke lacrosse team yet?

Why did I initially read this as, "Does the professional victim lady..."?

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2018, 02:48:40 PM »
I don't keep up on "celebrities", so maybe it's understandable that I don't recognize any of the "celebrities" in that video.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2018, 04:37:43 PM »
I don't keep up on "celebrities"....

Then how do you know whom to vote for?  ???
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:06:24 PM by fistful »

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2018, 06:11:49 PM »
Irwin is a bad toucher.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2018, 06:26:44 PM »
Speaking of touchers, if all this stuff is fair game, then goodbye Cory Booker, right? Because unlike Kavanaugh, Booker said he did it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/20/bookers-push-for-kavanaugh-vote-delay-called-out-over-his-1992-column-detailing-teenage-groping.html