Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 93490 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #650 on: November 04, 2018, 10:25:44 AM »
As we have seen recently in the Kavanaugh case, Mr. Hawkmoon, facts are no longer needed to support a case.  Objection overruled.  Please continue, Mr. 230RN.

I was referring to your insinuation that leftists might "think."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #651 on: February 10, 2024, 06:14:09 PM »
Necro:

Look who has come out of the woodwork:

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/02/10/no-way-christine-blasey-ford-has-a-memoir-coming-out-this-year-n2392801

Just money, or part of a grand plan on the dem side for some kind of diversion? If the SC rules that Trump can be on ballots, I'm sure the calls to pack the court will reappear, and for that, they have to highlight the "bad conservative" justices.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #652 on: February 10, 2024, 08:20:19 PM »
Timing is everything.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #653 on: February 10, 2024, 08:22:14 PM »
And it's only February.
No telling what else is going to come out of the woodwork between now and Nov
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #654 on: February 10, 2024, 10:46:15 PM »
Necro:

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/02/10/no-way-christine-blasey-ford-has-a-memoir-coming-out-this-year-n2392801

Just money, or part of a grand plan on the dem side for some kind of diversion? If the SC rules that Trump can be on ballots, I'm sure the calls to pack the court will reappear, and for that, they have to highlight the "bad conservative" justices.

Depends on the vote. It's sounding like 9-0 in Trumps favor isn't unlikely. Perhaps with different reasoning over 2-3 opinions.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #655 on: February 11, 2024, 08:20:51 AM »
Necro:

The publishing/book racket is not unlike Hunters art racket. It's a money laundering scheme.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #656 on: February 11, 2024, 08:25:44 AM »
I've always thought it would be interesting to track where all that book deal money comes from. I find it hard to believe many of these books actually make anywhere near their money back when you add up the cost of the deal plus printing and distribution costs.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #657 on: February 11, 2024, 09:01:31 AM »
^^^

The two posts above mine are worth considering. Especially with these "D list" political celebrities. These books always seem to end up in the $5 bargain bin in like a month. I don't see how the publishers are making any kind of profit there. It might be cheaper than running traditional political ads though, with all the interviews on The View, et al.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #658 on: February 11, 2024, 09:04:19 AM »
Depends on the vote. It's sounding like 9-0 in Trumps favor isn't unlikely. Perhaps with different reasoning over 2-3 opinions.

If it goes 9-0 you'll have to pick me up off the floor.
I have almost no doubt a certain 3 who are in the "the Constitution is a living doc" camp automatically knee jerked against Trump 0.05 seconds after it was announce it would go to the SC
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #659 on: February 11, 2024, 01:11:47 PM »
^^^

The two posts above mine are worth considering. Especially with these "D list" political celebrities. These books always seem to end up in the $5 bargain bin in like a month. I don't see how the publishers are making any kind of profit there. It might be cheaper than running traditional political ads though, with all the interviews on The View, et al.
Book fees, fees for speeches, probably fees to do TV interviews.  I am sure there are 50 more legal ways to launder money directly to politcians. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #660 on: February 12, 2024, 12:04:29 AM »
If it goes 9-0 you'll have to pick me up off the floor.
I have almost no doubt a certain 3 who are in the "the Constitution is a living doc" camp automatically knee jerked against Trump 0.05 seconds after it was announce it would go to the SC

I agree.

Kagan is a real lawyer. There's a [very] remote possibility that she'll render an honest opinion. As for the Wise Latina and Justice Katanja "What's a constitution?" Brown, I will be gobsmacked if they vote in favor of Trump.