Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 94277 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2018, 01:59:12 PM »
Let's see.

First it was Kavanaugh and one other guy.

Then it was four guys.

Then it was four guys and another girl.

She can't recall when it happened (not even narrow it down to what YEAR it happened).

She doesn't know where (Address or even who's house is allegedly occurred at.)

Yeah, this is TOTALLY a legitimate accusation.

BUT, it's a serious allegation (against a Republican) so we have to take into account the seriousness of the crime! (when it's about a Republican.)

When it's a Democrat, she's a trailer-park lying whore who lies.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2018, 05:05:56 PM »
To quote me, from elsewhere on these nets:

It’s possible someone assaulted Ms. Ford. It may even have been Judge Kavanaugh. For all we know, he may have raped her, sang her some show tunes, and left her, stark naked, in a public park.

But we have no business believing Kavanaugh did any of this. The evidence is thin, and the partisanship is thicker than Googly-eyes Cortez.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2018, 07:35:14 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2018, 08:18:20 PM »
Ok. To be perfectly honest at this point I’m actually starting to think if you make allegations like this and offer no proof/evidence you should be legally liable. I get that women especially in the past and even now may feel uncomfortable or afraid to come forward or report such things, but at the same time we can’t have people making accusations against people with no proof about these kinds of things either.

It’s one thing to report in a timely manner and not have enough evidence to support a conviction in court, it’s anothe to do this 30+ years after the fact when there is no way to know one way or another what may or may not have happened or indeed if the whole thing is made up, mistaken identity, etc. and ruin someone’s reputation. Chances are that if he was really a sexual predator we would already have heard from many other women as has happened with others like Cosby, Weinstein, etc.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2018, 08:53:18 PM »
Well, now there's this:

Feinstein, who has vouched for Ford's credibility, also admitted she could not verify that Ford's allegations were entirely true.

Ford and her attorney have apparently gone to ground, which regarding the MSM is understandable, however they are apparently also ignoring the Senate, who are attempting to get them to come in to testify.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2018, 08:57:25 PM »
I'd like to think that victimized women can come forward and seek justice whenever they find the courage.  I think it's important to hold people who abuse others accountable.

I'm more than a little suspicious because it's only this one lady from 35 years ago.   My experience with men that go hands on with women is that if they get away with it, they don't stop.

I also have a little voice in the back of my head every time I read a story like this that whispers: "Duke Lacrosse Team"

grampster

• friend
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2018, 09:26:20 PM »
OK, I'm going to go out on a rant limb here.  The women's lib/feminist movement in the US has been going on now for how many years?  Well the modern version of it gained steam around 1968.  That's 50 years ago.  Well before the alleged accusation occurred.  Many women have been very loudly exclaiming that women are equal in all ways as men and such should be on equal footing in all ways.  Waiting 30 or 40 years to report this alleged attack is inexcusable and goes against the dogma of the feminist movement.  This woman is reported to be a hard core feminist as is her attorney.  Those backing her are of the same ilk.  So equality only counts when one wants it to count, but then fall back on the "poor, weak female" who is afraid to report being molested?  Did she not have a concerned, loving father she could confide in?  Or was she raised in a one parent family who dealt her out to a private girl's school because she was baggage to the Yuppie generation?  Inquiring minds want to know.

In fact, I'll go further out on the limb.  In my view the feminist movement in some ways has made for a coarsening of our culture, demeaned women (as well as men) in many ways, and has not had much in the way of positive outcomes...other than probably opening up the workplace.  Even that is questionable when it comes to women being convinced that having a career to be fulfilled  has turned into a tragic myth.  It led to the inflation in the 70's  and beyond (law of supply and demand) as well as the breakdown of the family unit which has been incredibly negative.  I could say more but won't.  Being 75 years old and paying attention while moving down the road of life can be incredibly illuminating and contra to the "conventional wisdom".
End of rant.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2018, 09:34:10 PM »
Feminism strikes me as tribal warfare.

They didn’t and don’t want equality under the old rules.

They want to rule society by setting up new rules that favor womens concerns over men.

A lot of their goals have been met but they aren’t done yet.

It’s not a conspiracy, it’s human nature.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2018, 09:45:03 PM »
Ok. To be perfectly honest at this point I’m actually starting to think if you make allegations like this and offer no proof/evidence you should be legally liable. I get that women especially in the past and even now may feel uncomfortable or afraid to come forward or report such things, but at the same time we can’t have people making accusations against people with no proof about these kinds of things either.

It’s one thing to report in a timely manner and not have enough evidence to support a conviction in court, it’s anothe to do this 30+ years after the fact when there is no way to know one way or another what may or may not have happened or indeed if the whole thing is made up, mistaken identity, etc. and ruin someone’s reputation. Chances are that if he was really a sexual predator we would already have heard from many other women as has happened with others like Cosby, Weinstein, etc.

Thing is, the examples you cited, were women coming out against men with power/prestige/money. When this case supposedly happened, I doubt that Kavanaugh had those things to hide behind
]
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2018, 09:59:37 PM »
Thing is, the examples you cited, were women coming out against men with power/prestige/money. When this case supposedly happened, I doubt that Kavanaugh had those things to hide behind
]

Strings, you unfortunate naif, he had white, cismale privilege.  

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2018, 01:18:08 AM »
Well, now there's this:

Ford and her attorney have apparently gone to ground, which regarding the MSM is understandable, however they are apparently also ignoring the Senate, who are attempting to get them to come in to testify.

Because if she shows up to testify, that doesn't delay the confirmation vote until after the mid-term elections. And that's the plan -- delay, delay, delay.

She also claims that she shouldn't have to provide any proof of her accusation, that it's up to the FBI to do that. Well, first of all, the alleged "crime} isn't a federal offense, so it's not the FBI's job to investigate it. It was a state crime at the time it allegedly happened, but since the statute of limitations has long since expired he can't be prosecuted, so why should any public resources be expended on investigating an incident that absolutely, positively cannot be proven or disproven? If she didn't want to report it at the time, then tough nougies.

And I still want to know why she didn't want to tell her parents. That doesn't make sense.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2018, 01:53:02 AM »
Because if she shows up to testify, that doesn't delay the confirmation vote until after the mid-term elections. And that's the plan -- delay, delay, delay.

She also claims that she shouldn't have to provide any proof of her accusation, that it's up to the FBI to do that. Well, first of all, the alleged "crime} isn't a federal offense, so it's not the FBI's job to investigate it. It was a state crime at the time it allegedly happened, but since the statute of limitations has long since expired he can't be prosecuted, so why should any public resources be expended on investigating an incident that absolutely, positively cannot be proven or disproven? If she didn't want to report it at the time, then tough nougies.

And I still want to know why she didn't want to tell her parents. That doesn't make sense.

Quite literally every woman on my wife's maternal side has been sexually abused (everything from groping to systemic rape).  When my wife's aunt told her mom that the step-dad had molested her the mom blamed the her for her own abuse.  When my wife was molested by her grandfather she told her aunt (her dad's sister, so the daughter of the molester).  Her aunt refused to tell anyone else, let alone call the cops, and just tried to bury it.  When another of my wife's aunts found out her daughters had been raped by her husband she told them to "just get over it" and never even tried to sympathize with them. 

Now, I'm not saying Ms Ford's parents were like that.  But I can well understand why a 15 year old girl might be reticent to tell her parents about being assaulted.

All that said, I still have very serious doubts that Ms Ford was assaulted as described by Kavanaugh.  She might well have been assaulted in that manner by someone else.  She might be fabricating the whole story.  At the end of the day we will never know with anything like certainty what the truth is.

And so, Kavanaugh should be confirmed immediately after the hearing on Monday.  And if there was any real justice in this world, all the D's that participated in this whole sordid mess would be tarred, feathered, and run out town on a rail.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2018, 02:28:45 AM »
There's nothing to investigate.  She says [something] happened.  Kavanaugh and the other "boy" says it didn't.  She can't provide a date, nor location, nor other potential witnesses.  Kavanaugh has not been accused of similar behavior by anyone else.  As pointed out, abusers are not one and done, they tend to be repeat/serial offenders.

If she refuses to testify, then we now it's fake.  Simply designed as a delaying tactic.  If she does, then it will be interesting. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2018, 08:37:46 AM »
Interesting: A classmate of Ford's says this incident was talked about for days at school after it happened, yet Ford said no one knew about it until 2012.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/09/19/woman-claimed-in-now-deleted-tweet-to-have-gone-to-school-with-christine-blasey-ford-and-said-the-incident-was-spoken-about-for-days-in-school/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2018, 08:48:20 AM »
Any day now the existence of an incriminating cell phone video will be announced.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2018, 09:34:53 AM »
Any day now the existence of an incriminating cell phone video will be announced.

=D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2018, 11:19:16 AM »
I find it very interesting that now Ms. Ford is not willing to testify to the committee until *after* the FBI "investigates".  In my opinion, I'm thinking she doesn't want to say anything on the record that the FBI could later discredit/show false.  I also firmly believe that if this were allowed to happen, she would absolutely get a copy of the FBI report before its release so she could make sure that her story matches what the FBI found (if anything).
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2018, 11:23:36 AM »
She is a liar and shouldn’t even have been given the opportunity to speak to congress.

If you want this insanity to stop then stop rewarding the insanity.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2018, 12:30:00 PM »
She is a liar and shouldn’t even have been given the opportunity to speak to congress.

If you want this insanity to stop then stop rewarding the insanity

But insanity is normal.  It's just another way of labeling people so they can be discriminated against. :facepalm: [popcorn]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2018, 01:02:20 PM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/09/18/feinstein-on-kavanaugh-accuser-i-dont-know-if-shes-being-truthful-n2520256

Quote from: Feinstein
I Can't Say That Everything Is Truthful

That's all I really need to know.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2018, 01:15:21 PM »
Interesting: A classmate of Ford's says this incident was talked about for days at school after it happened, yet Ford said no one knew about it until 2012.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/09/19/woman-claimed-in-now-deleted-tweet-to-have-gone-to-school-with-christine-blasey-ford-and-said-the-incident-was-spoken-about-for-days-in-school/

Interesting, indeed. A couple of the comments seem to get it:

old and busted: nobody knew. we don't even know where or when it happened.

new hotness: everybody knew exactly what happened and we all talked about it.
7:36 AM - Sep 19, 2018

Who talked about it? Ms. Ford told the Washington Post she told nobody at the time. https://twitter.com/reinabori/status/1042048795788365824

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2018, 01:44:31 PM »
Maybe Gorsuch was the other guy? Rumors are abound that she sent the same accusatory letter about Gorsuch to Feinstein...

https://theblacksphere.net/2018/09/did-kavanaugh-accuser-send-same-letter-about-gorsuch/
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2018, 02:20:42 PM »

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Pretty sharp there, RoadKingLarry.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2018, 02:35:08 PM »
She can't remember important details.  Why should anyone believe that this even occurred.  I have serious doubts that this even happened involving young Brett Kavanaugh.  The Judiciary Committee has bent over backwards to get her full story in full to the committee....  she wants to wait until there is a FBI investigation.... but there was no crime and certainly not one that the FBI would be involved in normally even if the statute of limitations has not expired on the alleged crime.  I think Ford doesn't want to come before the Committee because she will be under oath.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2018, 02:40:36 PM »
Maybe Gorsuch was the other guy? Rumors are abound that she sent the same accusatory letter about Gorsuch to Feinstein...

https://theblacksphere.net/2018/09/did-kavanaugh-accuser-send-same-letter-about-gorsuch/

LOL  Now that sounds like something the FBI should look into.

I'll have to add "be accused of ancient sexual assault" to my list of conservative aspirations. Right up there with, "be accused of racism." They can't prove it, and you can never disprove it.