Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 93489 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 10:26:06 PM »
Apparently she has had the alleged letter for quite some time.  Another report stated that 65 females who knew Kavanaugh in high school provided a signed letter stating that he is a great guy and he never would have done something the alleged accuser said.  Kavanaugh went to an all boys school and the women all attended a nearby girls school and they all socialized at that time.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 10:39:18 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the letter had been written many months ago, and all Feinstein had to do was wait to see who Trump nominated before filling in the nominee's name.

The latest breaking news is that she's had the letter for at least a couple of months.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 02:31:38 PM »
Now a prof in California is claiming to have written the letter. Says Kavanaugh groped her.

And we have to believe her because Hillary sez so.  ;/
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:47:09 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 02:51:25 PM »
Quote from: Andiron link=topic=58234.msg1176079#msg1176079 date=1536
I never said it would get better.  Just that Feinstein's personal brand of awful wasn't long for the world.

DiFi is running against this clown:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0

He makes Kamala Harris look like a genius.. So yes, on the 2A front is probably will get worse, with this Jackwagon trying to ban all guns (or what he can get banned) all while bucking for President.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2018, 07:41:32 PM »
There is nothing, NOTHING, that the Democrats will not do in order to gain and retain power.

Over/under on when they start openly having political opponents killed? I say 3 years. (After Trump is re-elected.)
We have already seen that outside politics the criminals move up to bigger crimes when you don't prosecute them for the lesser crimes.  I imagine that applies to political criminals (redundant?) also. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2018, 07:42:28 PM »
The anonymous accuser is not anonymous any longer:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/406938-allegations-throw-kavanaugh-confirmation-into-turmoil

Anita Hiil redux ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2018, 07:46:12 PM »
I really hope they still put him up for a vote before the election.  Make both parties stand by their vote.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2018, 07:56:58 PM »
This week will be LAF.

Too bad I will be busy and have to absorb it all late in the day.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2018, 08:27:20 PM »
She claims she was afraid he was going to kill her, and that the incident put her "five years behind her life plans".  Perhaps there is something to her story, and she should be heard now that she has come out from anonymous land.

On the other hand, she is a democratic activist and she chose right now to come out with a story about what happened between two minors over thirty years ago - not at any other time in the last thirty years, but right now.

Anytime something is timed so precisely, I become suspicious.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2018, 09:45:55 PM »
She is a liar and deserves public mockery and scorn.

No reason to be civil or nice to her.

I’m done with giving the benefit of the doubt unless there is proof it was pursued as a crime at the time.

Democrat activists are delusional liars with little hold on reality.

ZFG

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2018, 10:06:14 PM »
From Sean Spicier on Twitter:
"Democrats will next inspect every mattress Judge Kavanaugh has ever owned to ensure the tags are still attached."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2018, 10:16:48 PM »
I’m done with giving the benefit of the doubt unless there is proof it was pursued as a crime at the time.

I will say any kind of proof, period. How many male college students were railroaded over the last ten years with made up rape charges?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2018, 10:29:16 PM »
What proof can there possibly be thirty-plus years after the fact? If it wasn't important enoough to report it as a crime when it happened, it certainly isn't anything important enough to waste the government's time on now, when any statute of limitations has long since expired. This is purely a political hatchet job and should be treated as such.

And I don't even think Kavanaugh was the right person to nominate for the position, but I'm now forced to favor his confirmation for the simple reason that the democrats obviously hate and fear him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2018, 11:10:20 PM »
I guess it falls to me to point out that it's possible she's telling the truth. We all know victims of sex crimes often fail to report, due to feelings of shame and embarrassment.

It's equally clear we can't take her seriously, without something to back her up. Her accusation is far too convenient, under the circumstances. Kavanaugh for SCOTUS.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2018, 08:24:34 AM »
I read she first rolled out the accusation in couples therapy in  2012 … she didn't name names at that time presumably because she was considering using the accusation against Romney if needed.  Not needed to derail Romney so she kept it to use at a later date …. The student reviews of her as a professor are not good …

[popcorn]

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/professor_accusing_kavanaugh_is_radical_sjw_with_some_damning_student_reviews.html
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 09:14:08 AM by Chester32141 »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2018, 08:54:44 AM »
The Dems are, predictably, screeching bloody murder that they want the process "halted" so this can be "investigated."

Question is, what investigation?

There were only 3 (supposedly) people involved.

The woman says it happened, the two men say BS it never happened.

Classic he said/she said.

And according to the wife of the unindicted presidential rapist, she MUST be believed (because she's not accusing Bill).

This is just too convenient. Way too convenient. And just reeks of desperation from the left.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 09:03:05 AM »
When Kavanaugh's mother was a judge she ruled against the accuser's parents in 1996 …  :old:

https://archive.fo/69gvf
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2018, 09:19:47 AM »
It is a damn shame, but none of it matters at this point.  Kavanaugh should withdraw his nomination as he has less than a snowball's chance in hell of being confirmed.  Enough spineless Republicans have already jumped ship, so there are no longer enough votes.
RINOs also believe it's the seriousness of the allegations, not the facts that matter.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2018, 09:24:43 AM »
When Franken resigned people were thrilled but it was pretty clear what was going on.

But Democrats can also credibly demand an investigation into the allegations against Kavanaugh because, when it comes to sexual harassment, they have earned the moral high ground. They earned it with Franken. Yes, Kavanaugh’s alleged incident occurred while he was in high school. But, if true, it’s worse than anything Franken is alleged to have done—and Democrats ditched him without even the benefit of a hearing. When it comes to Kavanaugh, Democrats may be opportunists, but they’re not hypocrites.

Will this be enough to stop Kavanaugh’s confirmation? Maybe not—since I suspect that at this point Republicans would suffer more from ditching Kavanaugh than sticking by him. After all, the party has already stuck by Trump, Roy Moore and Jim Jordan. At this point, Republicans have already lost the anti-sexual-assault voter. Their best hope in the midterms is to motivate their base, which includes a lot of anti-anti-sexual assault voters. According to a 2015 Public Religion Research Institute poll, more Republicans think, “there is a lot of discrimination” against white men than think “there is a lot of discrimination” against women. Some of those rank-and-file Republicans will feel betrayed if GOP senators turn their backs on Kavanaugh.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2018, 09:33:44 AM »
But Democrats can also credibly demand an investigation into the allegations against Kavanaugh because, when it comes to sexual harassment, they have earned the moral high ground.
:rofl:

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2018, 09:45:05 AM »
If we are going to go back and dig up every piece of dirt on someone (nominated by an R president), then no one will ever be "pure" enough to pass.

In fact, if this Anita Hill Part 2 tactic works, the D's will use it against every future nominee.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2018, 09:55:58 AM »
The Left/Democrats are waging war against half the country.

There are no rules that govern their conduct other than what can they get away with.

The country is lost unless the right takes up the challenge and wages war themselves.

Give no quarter.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2018, 09:59:53 AM »
What can the APS attorneys tell us regarding both of them being minors?

I also just saw a story where they quoted her therapist's notes that said there were four guys involved.

The therapist's contemporaneous notes, provided to The Post, reportedly confirmed that Ford maintained she had been attacked by four individuals "from an elitist boys’ school" who are now "highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington." The therapist, Ford said, had confused the number of people involved in the alleged attack with the total number of people in the house.

Ford, a 51-year-old registered Democrat who has published in academic journals and has trained students in clinical psychology, described the alleged incident in The Washington Post on Sunday, saying it occurred during a summer day in the 1980s at a Maryland house where teens had gathered. Ford claimed she headed upstairs to a bathroom when she was suddenly pushed onto a bed, as rock-and-roll music blared.

However, Ford told The Post she did not recall exactly who owned the house, how she came to be at the house, or how the gathering was arranged. She remembered only that the house was in Montgomery County, near a country club, and that parents were not present.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2018, 10:10:06 AM »
Was Haven Monahan one of the culprits in this caper also?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »
I guess it falls to me to point out that it's possible she's telling the truth. We all know victims of sex crimes often fail to report, due to feelings of shame and embarrassment.

It's equally clear we can't take her seriously, without something to back her up. Her accusation is far too convenient, under the circumstances. Kavanaugh for SCOTUS.

According to the "victim,"  her attacker was drunk.  According to Cavanough's  college friends,  he didn't drink at that time.  People present in the house the victim was say it didn't happen.   Other women Cavanough has worked with vouch for his character,
The woman sought counseling in 2012 .... but the therapist says no names were mentioned.

Stipulating that the woman was attacked,  ok,  maybe the attack did happen --- but I do not believe it was done by Judge Cavanough.

I also believe she KNOWS this,  and has deliberately inserted the nominee's name for her political goal;  thwarting Trump.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero