Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 94292 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2018, 11:44:25 PM »
In related news

Ruth Bader Ginsburg now says that she was Groped by Abraham Lincoln. 

You know she hasn't washed that doily around her neck since she was the deciding vote in the Dred Scott decision...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #177 on: September 23, 2018, 03:33:57 AM »
The plot sickens:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/22/how-feinstein-is-conspiring-to-destroy-kavanaugh/

And it becomes ever more clear that it is nothing but a plot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #178 on: September 23, 2018, 10:16:21 AM »
Another interesting, if possibly irrelevant, point: I saw a Fox News poll this morning that showed more people believe Ford than believe Kavanaugh, and that Kavanaugh should remove himself from consideration. That might make more sense if there were no witnesses, but we now have four of the five people that Ford named saying they weren't where she said they were. One might still have doubts regarding the males who are purportedly Kavanaugh's friends, but with the other female, purportedly a friend of Ford's stepping up, it makes no sense to me unless all these people simply don't use any other news source than Huffpo.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2018, 10:24:55 AM »
The left is so bold in its evil.

You would think I wouldn’t be shocked after all these years.

Yet here I am, once again gobsmacked by the brazen deception they are perpetrating on the public using all their channels of influence.

My first reaction was accurate, I should have never doubted it by wondering if they had secret evidence.

All they have are lies because they are in league with the father of lies.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #180 on: September 23, 2018, 11:25:17 AM »
The left is so bold in its evil.

You would think I wouldn’t be shocked after all these years.

Yet here I am, once again gobsmacked by the brazen deception they are perpetrating on the public using all their channels of influence.

My first reaction was accurate, I should have never doubted it by wondering if they had secret evidence.

All they have are lies because they are in league with the father of lies.

The reason for the polling numbers more than likely has more to do with  A. the respondent having no clue about the appointment whatsoever, B.  the respondent only watching CNN or MSNBC or other MSM sources,  C. people with as much evil intent as the Democrat Party Establishment and it's leadership than reality.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #181 on: September 23, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »
The Republican leadership caved, deciding to let Ford delay her testimony until Thursday.  Honestly, I expected nothing less.  Now I wonder how many more concavities they have.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #182 on: September 23, 2018, 07:37:44 PM »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

The story of Ms. Ramirez.

So after talking to her lawyers, she decided it was Kavanaugh. Okay.

These people do realize that if this is how we're going to do things, we will never see another justice appointed to the supreme court, no matter which side of the aisle is in power, because God isn't going to bother applying, and no one else is perfect.

From now on each side will simply dig up someone who "had a past incident" with some future appointee, even if it happened in the third grade, even if it can't be proven, even if it's a lie. Either way, it taints that appointee.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2018, 08:45:42 PM »
If at first you don't succeed, lie lie again.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2018, 09:09:08 PM »
What these people realize is by just how slender a thread Kavanaugh's appointment hangs.  No Democrats will vote for him.  All they have to do with their lies is flip two Republican votes.  They will succeed.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2018, 10:00:59 PM »
There have been some good democrats over the years being in a small town with limited choices.

As an independent I will vote R, I or write in. I will vote against every D from here on out after this circus.

Crap we need a good independent running because these spineless R's suck.

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2018, 10:28:37 PM »
There have been some good democrats over the years being in a small town with limited choices.

As an independent I will vote R, I or write in. I will vote against every D from here on out after this circus.

Crap we need a good independent running because these spineless R's suck.

And if they don't confirm Kavanaugh, no one will ever vote Republican again.

I'm exaggerating, but you know what I mean.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2018, 10:32:21 PM »
So after talking to her lawyers, she decided it was Kavanaugh. Okay.

These people do realize that if this is how we're going to do things, we will never see another justice appointed to the supreme court, no matter which side of the aisle is in power, because God isn't going to bother applying, and no one else is perfect.

From now on each side will simply dig up someone who "had a past incident" with some future appointee, even if it happened in the third grade, even if it can't be proven, even if it's a lie. Either way, it taints that appointee.

I wish you were right.  The Dems will appoint them all day, because the Republicans lack the spine to just push them through when they have power or the gall to bring a string of sock puppets with bullshit allegations.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #191 on: September 24, 2018, 12:35:42 AM »
I can't decide which is worse, lying leftists or the cave artists known as "Republicans".

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2018, 01:37:12 AM »
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

The story of Ms. Ramirez.

And just like Dr. Ford's accusation, the other three "witnesses" deny it happened.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/09/23/flimsier-than-the-original-is-the-new-ronan-farrow-kavanaugh-story-already-falling-apart/

And here's why it's another BS accusation:

More recently, she has begun to reassess what happened. “Even if I did drink too much, any person observing it, would they want their daughter, their granddaughter, with a penis in their face, while they’re drinking that much?” she said. “I can say that at fifty-three, but when I was nineteen or twenty I was vulnerable. I didn’t know better.” Reflecting on the incident now, she said she considers Kavanaugh’s male classmates culpable. “They’re accountable for not stopping this,” she said. However, “What Brett did is worse.” She added, “What does it mean, that this person has a role in defining women’s rights in our future?”

It's not that he did the act (he didn't), it's he has to be kept off the USSC, because of Roe v Wade.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2018, 05:44:36 AM »
I've sent Grassley two e-mails, one Friday night and another this morning. I asked him to quit playing footsie with Feinstein and just call the vote. Any Republican who doesn't vote for Kavanaugh after this sorry charade should be impeached.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2018, 08:46:34 AM »
This is just sick now.

I know (and knew) who the Democrats are, and I honestly shouldn't be surprised by this, but this is one of the most wicked and disgusting displays I've ever seen in politics in this country. Not even just "in my lifetime".

The Democrats are  attempting to destroy a man's reputation with false allegations of rape, assault, and everything else they can throw at him. The only things comparable in national politics at this point are actual murders and assaults*.

The portents of this are frightening.

*Here I'm talking about Charles Sumner being beat on the Senate floor by Preston Brooks and the duel between Hamilton and Burr.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Pb

• friend
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2018, 09:04:50 AM »
I was waiting for them to spring more accusations on him.  SURPRISE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2018, 09:07:59 AM »
This is just sick now.

I know (and knew) who the Democrats are, and I honestly shouldn't be surprised by this, but this is one of the most wicked and disgusting displays I've ever seen in politics in this country. Not even just "in my lifetime".

The Democrats are  attempting to destroy a man's reputation with false allegations of rape, assault, and everything else they can throw at him. The only things comparable in national politics at this point are actual murders and assaults*.

The portents of this are frightening.

*Here I'm talking about Charles Sumner being beat on the Senate floor by Preston Brooks and the duel between Hamilton and Burr.

Indeed. I mean, the Avenatti claim is now "gang rape". This is getting into bizarro Kafka territory.

I hate to even think like this, but at this point, I wish conservatives had some equivalent of antifa or other left groups, and that they would dig into the past of every single democrat senator and congressman. I bet they could come up with plenty of disqualifying dirt, let alone made up stuff. Especially if we are going to apply all aspects of the current metoo/diversity/sjw philosophies to the norms from decades ago.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2018, 09:13:04 AM »
Indeed. I mean, the Avenatti claim is now "gang rape". This is getting into bizarro Kafka territory.

I hate to even think like this, but at this point, I wish conservatives had some equivalent of antifa or other left groups, and that they would dig into the past of every single democrat senator and congressman. I bet they could come up with plenty of disqualifying dirt, let alone made up stuff. Especially if we are going to apply all aspects of the current metoo/diversity/sjw philosophies to the norms from decades ago.

There are people like that on the Republican side. They just don't have the ear of the "mainstream" media, or of Republicans in the Senate Judiciary committee, or elsewhere. The closest thing we have to Di-Fi's malicious rumor-mongering is what Trump said about Cruz's dad. Not even Republicans believed that stuff.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2018, 09:27:42 AM »

There are people like that on the Republican side. They just don't have the ear of the "mainstream" media, or of Republicans in the Senate Judiciary committee, or elsewhere. The closest thing we have to Di-Fi's malicious rumor-mongering is what Trump said about Cruz's dad. Not even Republicans believed that stuff.

This also is true. Without the MSM, this would not be what it is. Have we heard about Ellison lately?

Just look at this from the New Yorker article:

“Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself”:

She wasn't sure until after she talked with attorneys (I would like to see some bios on her legal team).

You know what, while Ford's accusations of attempted rape are serious, I am in all seriousness asking, what is the big deal if he actually was at this party and pulled out his wiener? Does anyone who was in High School or college during that time remember what college parties were like? Everyone was trying to emulate "Animal House" and everyone, male and female, thought it was cool to do so.

I recall sitting in an urban geography class where some guy trying to get in a fraternity popped in the room naked, wiggled his wiener for everyone while reciting some stupid fraternity thing, then running out. Everyone was cracking up, including the older female professor. I guess that guy could never run for office, at least anymore. Maybe he already did and he's some congressman from somewhere. I wonder how many of the females in that classroom who thought it was the funniest thing ever would now call it sexual assault?

Also, taken from the quote Scout gave above:

“I can say that at fifty-three, but when I was nineteen or twenty I was vulnerable. I didn’t know better.”

Wasn't Kavanaugh also 19 or 20? Maybe he didn't know any better either. I have a whole big long list of stuff from my teens and early twenties, that in my fifties, I have checked off as "that was stupid".