Author Topic: Nikki Haley's Curtains  (Read 1866 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Nikki Haley's Curtains
« on: September 14, 2018, 09:12:43 AM »
Are the new outrage, apparently spearheaded by the NYT. The only problem is that Obama signed the purchase order. :)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/14/nikki-haley-draws-shade-over-53g-curtains-okd-by-obama-administration.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Nikki Haley's Curtains
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 10:17:41 AM »
Does the carpet match?  :angel:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 03:55:23 PM »

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 04:13:53 PM »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 07:22:10 PM »
 :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 01:24:35 AM »
Hmmmm, seems that the curtains were ordered by and paid for during the prior administration...now who would have been the previous US UN Ambassador ??

New York Slimes issues a hlaf-assed retractions/correction.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/09/14/whoa-cnn-fact-checking-nyt-jake-tappers-thread-on-nikki-haley-and-the-infamous-curtains-is-spot-on/

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/09/14/just-now-believe-it-or-not-nyts-nikki-haley-faceplant-just-got-more-embarrassing/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 01:39:41 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 10:43:31 AM »
As much as I complain about "social media news", if it wasn't for people across the political spectrum sitting in their basements and investigating stuff like this, the truth would never come to light, the NYT wouldn't have made a half-assed correction, and they would still be Nikky Haley's curtains.

It really makes you wonder how much of the news from say 40 years ago, when it was only "the big three" on TV, and the major papers, was lies / manipulation. I mean, even if there were people tracking the stuff down, how would they get the truth out there? You'd pretty much have to write a magazine article or a book and hope that it got published months later, when everyone forgot about the lie, or had already had the lie repeated so much that they believed it, regardless of new evidence.

Having lies like this exposed hours after they are published makes up for a lot of the wacko stuff on the interwebz.

ETA: In fact of late, I've been wondering how much of the Watergate investigation was true and how much was made up, given Woodward's new book being torn to shreds regarding facts and anonymous sources.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 03:39:41 AM »
As much as I complain about "social media news", if it wasn't for people across the political spectrum sitting in their basements and investigating stuff like this, the truth would never come to light, the NYT wouldn't have made a half-assed correction, and they would still be Nikky Haley's curtains.

It really makes you wonder how much of the news from say 40 years ago, when it was only "the big three" on TV, and the major papers, was lies / manipulation. I mean, even if there were people tracking the stuff down, how would they get the truth out there? You'd pretty much have to write a magazine article or a book and hope that it got published months later, when everyone forgot about the lie, or had already had the lie repeated so much that they believed it, regardless of new evidence.

Having lies like this exposed hours after they are published makes up for a lot of the wacko stuff on the interwebz.

ETA: In fact of late, I've been wondering how much of the Watergate investigation was true and how much was made up, given Woodward's new book being torn to shreds regarding facts and anonymous sources.

*cough* Cronkite in Vietnam after Tet. *cough*
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 11:54:54 AM »
I agree with Ben.

But why the flock does the Sec of Education need an official residence?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 10:13:54 AM »
I agree with Ben.

But why the flock does the Sec of Education need an official residence?

US ambassador to the UN, not SecEd.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »
US ambassador to the UN, not SecEd.

OK, thanks.  Misrembered the position.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 11:43:46 AM »
Although Betsy DeVos probably needs the curtains just as much if not more than Nikki Haley due to all the leftards going apeshit over her being SecEd
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 12:58:56 PM »
Although Betsy DeVos probably needs the curtains just as much if not more than Nikki Haley due to all the leftards going apes--t over her being SecEd

DeVos needs the bullet-proof version.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »

I have wondered that as well.  On one hand, I don't know if those people were quite as openly biased as they are now.  On the other hand, I think there is quite a bit we never heard.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 08:04:58 PM »
I have wondered that as well.  On one hand, I don't know if those people were quite as openly biased as they are now.  On the other hand, I think there is quite a bit we never heard.

Which used to be characteristic of civilized people. From what I've gathered from my parents and grandparents, my great-grandparents were extremely biased. Not against blacks, necessarily -- more like, against everyone who wasn't them. BUT ... it was never discussed or demonstrated outside the privacy of the immediate family. I was also told that in public the greats were unfailingly extremely polite -- to everyone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design