Author Topic: Mother of the year steals pain meds from dying daughter  (Read 476 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Mother of the year steals pain meds from dying daughter
« on: September 13, 2018, 10:28:39 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/09/13/missouri-mom-stole-dying-daughters-pain-meds-police-say/1296222002/

Sadly, I have seen this before: people stealing meds from their relative on hospice, or parents taking their child's ADD/ADHD meds. Many is the time we do urine tests and discover the person who is supposed to be taking the meds is not, and the person who is not supposed to be taking the meds is.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Mother of the year steals pain meds from dying daughter
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 08:56:39 AM »
My son just got a script for Oxycodone. (Recovery from minor surgery).

I REALLY didn't want him to take it, so we had made it to day 4. However, the acetaminophen is not cutting it at this point so he got his first tiny dose this morning. (Ibuprofen, however, is working like a champ.)

Watching him in pain when he tried to take the Ibuprofen after the acetaminophen had pretty much worn off was just too much to bear.

I can't imagine stealing medication that my child needs (even if it's "only" to ease pain). What a monster.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought