Author Topic: The Uranus Examiner is coming to this Missouri town.  (Read 508 times)

MechAg94

• friend
The Uranus Examiner is coming to this Missouri town.
« on: September 14, 2018, 10:07:59 AM »
https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article218329895.html

And soon there’s going to be a weekly newspaper that will cover all the news that happens in Uranus and the surrounding areas.

That announcement came about a week after GateHouse Media announced that it would be shutting down Pulaski County’s local paper, the Waynesville Daily Guide. Uranus is located about fives miles away from Waynesville in Pulaski County.

So, in an effort to “fill the void” in local news coverage, the Daily Guide’s former managing editor Natalie Sanders is helping Keen, the “mayor” and owner of Uranus, start a new newspaper — The Uranus Examiner.

She told the Eagle she and Keen did not plan to make this a subscription-based newspaper, but with requests for subscriptions coming from around the world, they are now looking at that as an option.
Apparently Uranus is popular.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/14/american-town-launches-uranus-examiner-newspaper-missouri
Despite straining relations with local authorities, the paper’s managing editor, Natalie Sanders, believed the name had a ring to it.

“We had thought about constitution, but most of the people who love us, and who were part of coming up with the name, liked the examiner better,” Sanders reportedly said.

It was unclear if other titles – such as the Uranus Express, Bugle or Mirror – were considered.
I guess they didn't try the Uranus Picayune, the Uranus Post, the Uranus Observer, or the Uranus Free Press either. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The Uranus Examiner is coming to this Missouri town.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 12:01:12 PM »
Never heard of that "town," which was apparently founded just for the lulz, and tourist dolla. If I do happen to make it over that way, I will check in to let you all know I am driving through Uranus.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus,_Missouri
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 12:03:03 PM »
He'd better butt out of my business! [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 12:03:25 PM »
The town is also getting a rental car agency...

Uranus Hertz
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.