Armed Polite Society
September 22, 2018, 03:16:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Uranus Examiner is coming to this Missouri town.  (Read 101 times)
MechAg94
friend

« on: September 14, 2018, 06:07:59 AM »

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article218329895.html

And soon thereĺs going to be a weekly newspaper that will cover all the news that happens in Uranus and the surrounding areas.

That announcement came about a week after GateHouse Media announced that it would be shutting down Pulaski Countyĺs local paper, the Waynesville Daily Guide. Uranus is located about fives miles away from Waynesville in Pulaski County.

So, in an effort to ôfill the voidö in local news coverage, the Daily Guideĺs former managing editor Natalie Sanders is helping Keen, the ômayorö and owner of Uranus, start a new newspaper Ś The Uranus Examiner.

She told the Eagle she and Keen did not plan to make this a subscription-based newspaper, but with requests for subscriptions coming from around the world, they are now looking at that as an option.
Apparently Uranus is popular.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/14/american-town-launches-uranus-examiner-newspaper-missouri
Despite straining relations with local authorities, the paperĺs managing editor, Natalie Sanders, believed the name had a ring to it.

ôWe had thought about constitution, but most of the people who love us, and who were part of coming up with the name, liked the examiner better,ö Sanders reportedly said.

It was unclear if other titles ľ such as the Uranus Express, Bugle or Mirror ľ were considered.
I guess they didn't try the Uranus Picayune, the Uranus Post, the Uranus Observer, or the Uranus Free Press either. 
Report to moderator   Logged

"This observation, also, I have laid to heart, that they, who in matters of war seek in all ways to save their lives, are just they who, as a rule, die dishonorably; whereas they who, recognizing that death is the common lot and destiny of all men, strive hard to die nobly: these more frequently, as I observe, do after all attain to old age, or, at any rate, while life lasts, they spend their days more happily."  Xenophon
fistful
I'll be your gunsplainer this evening.
friend

Don't mention the abortion!

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 08:01:12 AM »

Never heard of that "town," which was apparently founded just for the lulz, and tourist dolla. If I do happen to make it over that way, I will check in to let you all know I am driving through Uranus.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus,_Missouri

Snowflakes: fragile since 1520
"The ears of our generation have been made so delicate by the senseless multitude of flatterers that, as soon as we perceive that anything of ours is not approved of, we cry out that we are being bitterly assailed; and when we can repel the truth by no other pretense, we escape by attributing bitterness, impatience, intemperance, to our adversaries."
--Martin Luther, On Christian Liberty
TommyGunn
friend

Stuck in full auto since birth.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 08:03:03 AM »

He'd better butt out of my business! Tinfoil Hat Smiley

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero
Mike Irwin
friend

I Am Inimical

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 08:03:25 AM »

The town is also getting a rental car agency...

Uranus Hertz

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: