Author Topic: Aw, you have a boo boo and can't race? Watch *THIS* "stuff!"  (Read 573 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Aw, you have a boo boo and can't race? Watch *THIS* "stuff!"
« on: September 14, 2018, 09:49:05 PM »
Aw, you have a boo boo and can't race? Watch *THIS* "stuff!"  :O :O :O
No Arms, No Problem! Mind Blowing Feet-Only Drifting
https://youtu.be/0CNu98QcG_Q
 :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Aw, you have a boo boo and can't race? Watch *THIS* "stuff!"
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 11:12:13 PM »
 Very nice and not uncommon. Well, the no arms is. But if you want to race, you want to race. Indy legend Jim Hurtibise nearly died in a crash and fire, had the surgeons put his badly burned hands back to a permanently bent position that would hold a steering wheel. Zanardi got his legs blown off in CART, returned and ran some sports cars. Kubica is pretty screwed up, still around the fringes of F1. I met a fellow that was a paraplegic after a dirt midget crash. He raced a dirt midget quite successfully with just hand controls. Some years later the next big crash finished what the first one tried, but he went out doing his thing.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 09:41:38 AM »
Ya gotta admit. some of the guys/gals who get mangled will come back with a vengeance! They impress me. THIS guy impresses the hell outta me!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 03:24:54 PM »
Both stints I did on dirt tracks (early 80's & early 00's) at different tracks in different classes - sorry bastards wouldn't let me race just because I had a cast on my hand.  In both classes I only had to shift once.

Would have had rookie of the year in both cases too.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 06:18:30 PM »
Both stints I did on dirt tracks (early 80's & early 00's) at different tracks in different classes - sorry bastards wouldn't let me race just because I had a cast on my hand.  In both classes I only had to shift once.

Would have had rookie of the year in both cases too.

What classes? Going racing again? Some 83 year old won a modified race a few weeks ago, so none of the ageism stuff! :D
AKA Navy Joe   

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 06:27:42 PM »
Street Stock in the 80's - 3 yrs, 1 local track 2nd place in points; Mini-Sprints in the '00's, 3 yrs, 2 local championships.

Was talking with SWMBO a couple days ago about racing again.  I'd be close to 70, but what the hey, I feel 18 - well, maybe 30... ;)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 08:43:42 PM »
My dad was forced to quit at 73 by health. Last year he turned no laps for the first time since the 60s. This year he is still AFU but we rented the pavement track and he did multiple short sessions, probably 40-50 total laps. I snuck in five, first time on pavement, ready to push the car, not ready to wreck it since it's not mine, quit while ahead.

If you're ever around the Mid-Atlantic area we need to figure out how to at least get you some hot laps in one of our sprints. Full size, 305 motors, cheaper than mini sprints by far. And we have had many old racers in their 70s with us, oldest active now is 73.
AKA Navy Joe   

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 08:44:16 PM »
This just in, I'm a bad influence.  >:D
AKA Navy Joe   

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 12:46:58 PM »
Well thank you very much!  I was just told that has to be put on one of our vacation to-do lists :D