Author Topic: Computer styli?  (Read 674 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Computer styli?
« on: September 18, 2018, 01:02:44 PM »
I'm looking for a fine-tip stylus to use with a couple of tablets I have come into possession/custody of. What I bought from Amazon are like these:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Capacitive-Stylus-Touchscreen-Devices/dp/B008HJGPVO/ref=sr_1_3_acs_sk_pb_2_sl_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1537290140&sr=1-3-acs&keywords=stylus+for+touch+screen

The problem is that the tips are large-ish rubber thingies, about the size of the eraser on an old-fashioned #2 wood pencil. I'd like to find something that's smaller and more precise, but everything I have found has a larger, transparent disk attached to the end rather than being a real fine tip pointer.

https://www.amazon.com/Mixoo-Capacitive-Sensitivity-Precision-Universal/dp/B01N2OJX82/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1537289851&sr=1-3&keywords=stylus+for+touch+screen+fine+point

Does what I want exist? I'd like a fine tip for touch screens, without the transparent disk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Computer styli?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:08:34 PM »
Plenty of options for a fine-tip stylus ... just not ones that will work with any old capacitive touchscreen.  I haven't seen anything very precise that is designed to work with your typical touchscreen.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:20:17 PM »
And this is a political post.... how?

Are the Democrats cramping your personal styli?

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 01:41:56 PM »
Sorry. I thought I was in the Round Table.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 07:18:14 PM »
Maybe try making your own? Seems like it's a pretty easy thing to do.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 10:39:48 PM »
Color me stupid.

I just discovered that the ones I bought awhile back from Amazon have a smaller tip hidden under the pop-off cap. When I got them, I thought that was just a spare tip, of the same size as the one that was exposed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N3NRB1W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1YQ5F33WHDUT9&psc=1

Not quite the fine tip I was looking for, but 4.5mm as opposed to 6mm is significantly better. I think these will be fine for my purposes.