Author Topic: Bill Ruger Jr. passed away.  (Read 673 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Bill Ruger Jr. passed away.
« on: September 19, 2018, 02:17:04 AM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Bill Ruger Jr. passed away.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 02:41:29 AM »
Was he the pro-gun control one?  Or was that his dad?

Regardless, condolences to his family.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 04:43:43 AM »
His dad I believe...after his dad passed Ruger got innovative and responded to what consumers wanted vs sticking with the plain Jane basic guns they had been making
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 12:08:32 PM »
Was he the pro-gun control one?  Or was that his dad?

His dad screwed us over by publicly advocating for confiscation of all gun mags over 15 rounds.  A real slimeball.

I don't know if Jr was similar or not.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 09:58:29 PM »
*Fingers in ears whistling,  can't hear you guys.*

Some of my favorite guns have that emblem,  I'd just rather not know that the management was full of rat bastards.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 10:20:33 PM »
His dad screwed us over by publicly advocating for confiscation of all gun mags over 15 rounds.  A real slimeball.

I don't know if Jr was similar or not.

I've heard Jr was quite the opposite.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 08:58:05 AM »
Bill Sr. was " No man needs a handgun smaller than a canned ham" guy.
Bill Sr. also supported bans on chinese imports- he couldn't stand that a $70 SKS was a much better rifle than his $500 mini-whatevers, or worse, the MAK-90s were an infinitely better rifle than the minis at a lower price.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 09:25:40 AM »
Yeah. Bill Sr. Was the one who was basically a FUDD. It was after he passed that Ruger started designing and marketing more Concealed Carry type guns and ARs, etc. Sr. cooperated with the Clinton anti stuff, same timeframe as S&W. Now for context, I personally disagreed with their decisions and boycotted both companies at the time, but there was probably some legitimate fear by some manufacturers that they would be shutdown if they didn’t cooperate. Sr. though also got his mini* guns not included in the AWB of the time if I recall correctly by supporting it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:49:00 AM by MikeB »

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 02:06:39 PM »
Yeah. Bill Sr. Was the one who was basically a FUDD. It was after he passed that Ruger started designing and marketing more Concealed Carry type guns and ARs, etc. Sr. cooperated with the Clinton anti stuff, same timeframe as S&W. Now for context, I personally disagreed with their decisions and boycotted both companies at the time, but there was probably some legitimate fear by some manufacturers that they would be shutdown if they didn’t cooperate. Sr. though also got his mini* guns not included in the AWB of the time if I recall correctly by supporting it.

"Yay, 5 round factory Mini-14 magazines!"

His P-90 was bulky enough that it could have been a double stack .45, back in 1991.  Nope, 7 round (later 8 ) single stack magazines.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:31:23 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.