Author Topic: Yale Finds Twice the Illegals We Think There Are  (Read 960 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Yale Finds Twice the Illegals We Think There Are
« on: September 22, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »
That's right Yale. They are reporting that the number of illegals is twice that commonly reported by the usual sources. Being in CA, this is absolutely not a shock to me. I'll even bet that the Yale numbers are low.

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/yale-study-finds-twice-as-many-undocumented-immigrants-as-previous-estimates#.W6VLK7A4evY.twitter
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Yale Finds Twice the Illegals We Think There Are
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 03:20:09 PM »
I have always thought the numbers the media keeps bringing up for low.  Most of the state numbers have been the same for 15 or 20 years even though there is supposedly a steady stream into the country.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 07:48:05 PM »
I'd bet that the real number is at, or higher than, the high range of the Yale study.

We need to send this to President Trump.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:32:12 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 09:00:53 PM »
He will tweet about it in a couple hours.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 11:36:41 PM »
Just spitballing here.  Figure 1/3 are under 18 so can't vote.  Figure 1/3 don't vote for fear of being caught but say 1/3 do vote.  That's anywhere from 4-9 million illegals voting.

Either way, Hillary's "I won the popular vote" claim was just torpedoed.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 07:48:13 AM »
. . . They are reporting that the number of illegals is twice that commonly reported by the usual sources . . .
ONLY twice? A gut check says that's low . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 09:30:13 AM »
ONLY twice? A gut check says that's low . . .

Agreed.

Amy Schumer offered:

"Figure 1/3 are under 18 so can't vote."

No.

But they can lie about their age.  And with "motor voting" and other broad avenues for fraudulent paperwork and voter registration, I can't see minority age as an actual, practical, bar to their registering to vote.

Frankly, I can't see much of anything to bar fraudulent voting.

And although the same can be said of the surnames Smith and Jones, one can only wonder how many Gonzalezes and Rodriguezes and Garcias the system can track accurately, especially since they can go by either their maternal family name or their paternal family name. 

But the Smiths and Joneses are not trying to form a voting bloc in order to obtain special privileges for Smiths and Joneses.

Terry
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:01:57 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 10:30:17 AM »
That’s why filling the courts with as many originalist/constitutionalists is so crucial during the hopefully 8 years of Trump.

A constitutionalist court system will be the only lasting check, firewall, protecting us from a runaway train democracy of leftists and third worlders.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 11:04:02 AM »

But they can lie about their age.  And with "motor voting" and other broad avenues for fraudulent paperwork and voter registration, I can't see minority age as an actual, practical, bar to their registering to vote.

Frankly, I can't see much of anything to bar fraudulent voting.

Too true. Just a day or so ago I read a sad story about an Anglican priest who has been living in the U.S. for 16 years, working as pastor in an Episcopal church. He was right on the verge of obtaining citizenship when someone found out that he had voted once in a U.S. election, more than ten years before. His story, which I believe, is that he didn't know at the time that he couldn't vote, and when he obtained his U.S. driver's license the motor vehicle department signed him up as a voter so he thought it must be okay.

Now he's facing deportation. If anyone should be deported, it's the DMV drone who signed up a green card-holding alien as a voter.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 01:33:52 PM »
Too true. Just a day or so ago I read a sad story about an Anglican priest who has been living in the U.S. for 16 years, working as pastor in an Episcopal church. He was right on the verge of obtaining citizenship when someone found out that he had voted once in a U.S. election, more than ten years before. His story, which I believe, is that he didn't know at the time that he couldn't vote, and when he obtained his U.S. driver's license the motor vehicle department signed him up as a voter so he thought it must be okay.

Now he's facing deportation. If anyone should be deported, it's the DMV drone who signed up a green card-holding alien as a voter.
Another reason I think voter registration should not necessarily be easy or convenient and 3rd parties shouldn't be doing it at all.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »
Another reason I think voter registration should not necessarily be easy or convenient and 3rd parties shouldn't be doing it at all.

Agreed.