Author Topic: The Line for the DMV is Six Weeks Long  (Read 1430 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Line for the DMV is Six Weeks Long
« on: October 09, 2018, 04:21:15 PM »
Freakin' California. My drivers license expires in December. I got the notice in the mail yesterday, and I could renew online if I want the same freakin' drivers license as they give the illegal aliens, but if I want to switch to Real ID compliant for US citizens, I have to go into an office with my passport and stuff. I made an appointment. The earliest one available is a day before Thanksgiving. That's for out here in hicksville. I can only imagine how long the wait is for an office in LA or somewhere.

To add insult to injury, I just read an article about how proud CA was to have now issued over ONE MILLION licenses to illegal aliens. Illegals not only get drivers licenses, but they get to cut ahead of me in line.

To doubly add insult to injury, I read the form that they sent me for by mail or online renewal. In CA, you register to vote through the DMV. There is NOTHING on the current form that keeps an illegal alien from filling it out to register to vote other than them choosing not to fill it out. No ID check, nothing. Just a statement that says if you're not a citizen, you can't fill out that part of the form. Nothing that requires proof of citizenship.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The Line for the DMV is Six Weeks Long
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 04:25:55 PM »

To doubly add insult to injury, I read the form that they sent me for by mail or online renewal. In CA, you register to vote through the DMV. There is NOTHING on the current form that keeps an illegal alien from filling it out to register to vote other than them choosing not to fill it out. No ID check, nothing. Just a statement that says if you're not a citizen, you can't fill out that part of the form. Nothing that requires proof of citizenship.

To the Democrats, that's a feature, not a bug. That's what keeps them in office.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 04:26:06 PM »
Just how do you expect Hillary to win the popular vote without them ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:05:22 PM »
http://uhaul.com

Lines here are usually 10-15 minutes for a walk-in.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 06:38:12 PM »
http://uhaul.com

Lines here are usually 10-15 minutes for a walk-in.

This.
*expletive deleted*ck California.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 11:28:21 PM »
To the Democrats, that's a feature, not a bug. That's what keeps them in office.

They've hit the tipping point.  There is no way in hell that a vote can overturn this nonsense of illegals getting voting privileges anymore.

This point of no return is being approached in each and every state, slowly in some, faster in others.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 07:13:25 AM »
Virginia is rolling out the real ID licenses. I've not bothered to go get one yet. Eventually I'll have to because I occasionally need access to Federal buildings.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 08:16:02 AM »
Virginia is rolling out the real ID licenses. I've not bothered to go get one yet. Eventually I'll have to because I occasionally need access to Federal buildings.

On the CA DMV Real ID FAQ, besides getting on a plane or entering a Federal building or military base, they specifically list "buying a firearm". I've not heard that regarding general Real ID talk.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 09:03:45 AM »
That's California for you.

Of course, you do NOT need the *expletive deleted*ing Real ID, or any ID for that matter, to vote in California, because California protects your rights!

*expletive deleted*ing Fuckstick Commmiefuckers...

I just went through the list of documents that are permitted for establishing Real ID identity...

Wow.

I'm going to have to go to the freaking DMV with:

My birth certificate

My Social Security card

A mortgage statement

A power (or other utility) bill

My voter registration card

To be honest, I'm really surprised that they're not requiring that DNA be submitted.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 09:09:29 AM »

I just went through the list of documents that are permitted for establishing Real ID identity...

Wow.

I'm going to have to go to the freaking DMV with:

My birth certificate

My Social Security card

A mortgage statement

A power (or other utility) bill

My voter registration card

To be honest, I'm really surprised that they're not requiring that DNA be submitted.

You should doublecheck that, unless your state is stricter. I did a "pre-check" on the CA DMV site, and what you listed are all various options for them from three different categories of required ID.

Going through the checklist there, I'm bringing:

ID#1: Passport
ID#2: SS card (I can't believe I still have it - got it at 16)
Proof of residence: Utility bill.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 09:20:04 AM »

They already know what you'd submit.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 09:23:31 AM »
Last time I renewed mine, I had to go to the DPS office and update my photo.  They had the electronic finger print readers that I had to use also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 09:43:10 AM »
I pulled the list from the Virginia DMV website. The whole damned thing was quite confusing.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »
I pulled the list from the Virginia DMV website. The whole damned thing was quite confusing.

Yeah, same with CA. If  I didn't go through their little "ID calculator", I wouldn't have known exactly what they wanted there either. They must have listed 50 different things in no semblance of order on their main Real ID page.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 10:29:21 AM »
Illinois is not quite that bad but still plenty dysfunctional and annoying.
example:
when I renewed my FOID card (Firearms Owners ID that we have to have to own, posses buy or even look at any gun or ammo) we lived in the country but got our mail in town at the post office so my hated FOID had my PO Box number on address line 1 and my physical address on 2. That was the only way the Illinois State Police would process it. When we finally got concealed carry, I applied for my CCL and it can not contain a PO box address. Same agency BTW. By this time I had a mailbox up at home and used my physical address (again, the only way the ISP would process the CCL).
Fast forward to when I had to renew my IL resident DL. They said my address changed so I had to provide proof of my physical address. I last moved 22 years ago says I. Doesn't matter, says they. 2 forms of approved documents with current physical address. I pointed out that all I did was drop the PO box, the road address never changed. The blank stare I got in return displayed less intelligence than my dog.

The real kicker? The Illinois SECRETARY of STATE DL facility DOES NOT RECOGNIZE my IL CCL, issued by the ILLINOIS STATE POLICE and only after fingerprints and background check, and they also don't recognize my FOID as approved  evidence of address! I had to drive home and come back with a letter from the state board of elections re a petition I had taken out and an homeowner's insurance premium notice.

I think voter registration and organ donation are the primary and secondary goals of the Illinois DL. Actually needing one to operate a motor vehicle seems not important as the local news is full of people ticketed after traffic stops and accidents for no valid DL. A high percentage of them have ethnic sounding names.
What we have here is failure to communicate.