Author Topic: Off to a great start  (Read 1255 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Off to a great start
« on: November 16, 2018, 07:57:25 AM »
The Bronx chick may need a lesson in how to play politics. She's not even a member of Congress yet and she's already hard at work pissing off powerful people.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/15/ocasio-cortez-climate-change-976915
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Off to a great start
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 10:41:47 AM »
I hope she doubles-down on this.   If she makes such a pariah of herself amongst her own, maybe she'll be a guaranteed one termer. >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 10:51:39 AM »
The Bronx chick may need a lesson in how to play politics. She's not even a member of Congress yet and she's already hard at work pissing off powerful people.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/15/ocasio-cortez-climate-change-976915

At first glance, I thought the article was talking about a special panel for the insane, instead of "for the issue." The former seemed like a good place for Ms. O-C.   
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 11:09:32 AM »
This is the future I think.

My fear is they aren’t going to vote them out of office, they will vote more like them into office.

In my world, formally conservative Dupage county, nobody can be heard complaining about her, Maxine Waters or the rest of the leftists nuts and communists.

All they do is virtue signal about women, homosexuals and other races while they bitch about how uncouth Trump is and how he is an embarrassment.

Trump isn’t even really a true man of the right and he is unacceptable.

Anything less than full support of the leftist agenda is a sign you are a bad person.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 01:08:37 PM »
Might be time to give a serious look at what it will take to supply Casa de Mush with energy long term independently from the grid.

The commies seem hell bent on ending cheap, ubiquitous energy. It's not like that's useful or anything.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 01:28:21 PM »
Might be a good time to buy stock in "Brawndo."  It's got electrolytes!
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 08:34:12 PM »
It's what plants crave!
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)