Author Topic: Place Your Bets !!!  (Read 13564 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Place Your Bets !!!
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2018, 11:14:48 AM »
Arrived to vote this morning at @ 7:15am.   Line was out the door 75 feet!   Took 45 minutes to get through!
I have NEVER  seen so many in line voting,  not even during a presidential election!
Good or bad?   Where I live it's GOOD!
But I hear the democrats are also pretty charged up.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2018, 12:32:38 PM »
Line was long at my polling station also.

Normally I’d be pleased but my county is drifting left in pussy hat virtue signaling sjw ridiculousness.

Hope springs eternal.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2018, 01:59:31 PM »
Arrived 7:30 a.m. (EST) at my polling place and there was no line but a constant flow of people coming and going.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2018, 02:28:10 PM »
My wife and I voted during the lunch our at our local polling place.  There were a few folks there voting, but no line.
Precinct worker said things had been busier than usual, but that doesn't say much about trends as the county is about 50-50 Dem - Rep.  It's hard to say in this area if one group is more energized about this election than the other.
For judicial elections there were very few Democrats running.  Most positions were for unopposed Republicans.  There was an odd Libertarian for one position.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2018, 02:40:29 PM »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2018, 02:41:39 PM »
You're supposed to vote for the republican or democrat, not for the absentee.   :lol: ;/   :rofl: 

I like absentee politicians.  When they're absent, they're not doing any harm.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2018, 02:53:44 PM »
In the thick of it. For once, I get to work in a nice part of town.

Some stupid lady in yoga pants is talking to her kid on speakerphone, as everyone around her is filling out ballots. :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2018, 03:02:31 PM »
I hope he is right.
I think his predictions involve a bit too much hope... =|
Romney will win many states that went to Obama in 2008. I’m predicting Romney victories in Ohio, Florida, Colorado, Virginia, Iowa, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Indiana. I predict a Romney victory by 100 to 120 electoral votes.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2018, 03:04:27 PM »
Early voting, FTW. None of this taking off work to stand in line business. I go when it's convenient for me.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2018, 03:08:00 PM »
Early voting, FTW. None of this taking off work to stand in line business. I go when it's convenient for me.

Brad
Stand.. in.. line?

I haven't had to do that in the midterms since....

Oh, wait. I've NEVER had to do that for the midterms. This year was no exception.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2018, 04:33:07 PM »

Brad
Hell, the subject of early voting came up after lunch and my boss said "Let's go".  Three of us went and voted early the first week.  It was about 1:30 PM and there was a small line.  Busy for the first week of early voting.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2018, 04:49:48 PM »
We had record turnout for early voting, and not just by a little. Not sure how to interpret that.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2018, 05:56:13 PM »
Very short line. Looks like we got rid of the electronic vote machines.

I'm tall and the shelf in the booth was low so I actually had a twinge of back pain after filling out all those circles.

Damn Trump's America!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2018, 06:14:50 PM »
Very short line. Looks like we got rid of the electronic vote machines.

I'm tall and the shelf in the booth was low so I actually had a twinge of back pain after filling out all those circles.

Damn Trump's America!

Interesting that the in-person ballots are different in CA from mail-in. My mail-in has me draw a line to the name of the candidate I choose. The last time I filled in bubbles was probably four years ago.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2018, 06:24:05 PM »
We've been getting absentee ballots for many years.  All you have to do to get one is to be over 65, unable to get to the polling place due to illness or disability, or swear you'll be out of town on election day.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2018, 08:33:56 PM »
I went half an hour before the polls opened and there were 20 people in front of me. Hundreds in line when I left. Took my wife an over an hour when she went. The lot was completely packed as I was coming home from work today.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2018, 10:01:33 PM »
i am a resident of a very rural area, i get a mail ballot two weeks early.
i am very concerned.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2018, 10:55:32 PM »
There was an odd Libertarian for one position.

Pretty sure there isn't any other kind.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2018, 11:39:30 PM »
Fox News has called the Senate for the Republicans. As for the House ...

As of 11:38 p.m. Fox is showing it 155 for the Rs and 154 for the Ds ... but the Ds have flipped 18 seats to the Rs 0 (as in "zero")

https://www.foxnews.com/midterms-2018/house
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2018, 12:01:49 AM »
Fox just called the Florida Senate race for Scott, giving the Rs 52 seats. Arizona and Montana still open. Montana looks like a definite win for Tester (dang it), Arizona still too close to call but McSally is slightly ahead.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2018, 12:16:06 AM »
Arizona still too close to call but McSally is slightly ahead.

I hope McSally gets it. Her opponent puts Berkeley,CA candidates to shame. What will be interesting if McSally squeaks in a victory is the reaction of progs, given that the green candidate in AZ got over 30,000 votes. Given the political leanings of greens, if that candidate were not in the race, the D would likely have won.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2018, 01:11:40 AM »
I hope McSally gets it. Her opponent puts Berkeley,CA candidates to shame. What will be interesting if McSally squeaks in a victory is the reaction of progs, given that the green candidate in AZ got over 30,000 votes. Given the political leanings of greens, if that candidate were not in the race, the D would likely have won.

Good point; which of us will be running as Greens in the next close election?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2018, 05:49:45 AM »
And there you have it, the Dems had their blue wave, although it wasn't as big as they had hoped.  The Dems took the House, +34.  The Reps kept the Senate, actually gaining three seats.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.